• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cult of Evan?

We have raised awareness of the p2pool issue which is good. But the bounty effort is not coordinated, like so many other things related to Darkcoin.

It seems that most people are happy with the way things are going so I will drop this matter.

We have raised awareness of the p2pool issue which is good. But the bounty effort is not coordinated, like so many other things related to Darkcoin.

It seems that most people are happy with the way things are going so I will drop this matter.

hey man, I understand your angst, but relax dude... first things first, the core foundation. Evan and Kyle are working on that. That is the ONLY priority here. Get to the 14th without major issues.

From then on, that another story, I'm 100% behind you. Until then, its up to us, as a community, to support its evolution. This is pro territory, and us geeky-amateurs must sit back and hold the front-lines safely.

Its in the dev's best interest to make this work, our interest to test the grounds at their pace. IMHO, after the 14th, setting up the foundations for a Foundation (pun intended) would be the priority, to, for example, be able to coordinate bounties properly.

hey man, I understand your angst, but relax dude... first things first, the core foundation. Evan and Kyle are working on that. That is the ONLY priority here. Get to the 14th without major issues.

From then on, that another story, I'm 100% behind you. Until then, its up to us, as a community, to support its evolution. This is pro territory, and us geeky-amateurs must sit back and hold the front-lines safely.

Its in the dev's best interest to make this work, our interest to test the grounds at their pace. IMHO, after the 14th, setting up the foundations for a Foundation (pun intended) would be the priority, to, for example, be able to coordinate bounties properly.

So, we should wait for Evan because he will tell us what do.

So, we should wait for Evan because he will tell us what do.

Truly it is so, but the MIGHTY Evan only bestows knowledge on true believers and requires daily sacrifices of doge-coiners to appease him.

These issues can be resolved by adopting some holacratic techniques:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holarchy
http://holacracy.org/sites/default/..._-_integrative_decision_making_process_v4.pdf

http://holacracy.org/sites/default/files/resources/handouts_-_tactical_meeting_process_v4.pdf

I have some experience with this and can help organize the process as well as coordinate hangouts/video chats/VoIP chats etc. We can use JANUS (http://www.janus-project.org/Home) MEGA (preferably), dropbox etc. to manage responsibilities, pass files, updates, etc. back and forth.

I have created a Bit Message Channel "Darkcoin Holacracy Thinktank"
BM-2cVxpJVk3vMsNETssx4JxT9g9ipXkG8ReW

For anyone who has ideas and would like to discuss further/get started working in this manner.

If it catches the community's interest and works well I'm sure the core devs will participate as well. #freemarkets :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Evan needs to give the OK or else this exercise would be a small group of busy-bodies attempting to push their agenda.

Ouch. Perhaps I came off too strong, I can understand your reaction given my lack of reputation here and relatively new level of activity on the forum.

I would like to ask you, are any of us without an agenda?

I think of cryptocurrencies as DAO's so my agenda is to build the value of the coin by helping in whatever way I can. My strengths are in communication, empathy, and problem solving. If one of the very minor ways I can help is by suggesting an voluntary and efficient method of organizing our efforts then I'd like to voice that idea.

Please keep in mind it is not as if everyone participating would have control of the code or the website in my suggestion, unless the persons who already have that control choose to use those methods of organizing. It's just something for people to consider given that this is a distributed project and there appears to be potential contributors who feel left out.

TL;DR: It was a legitimate suggestion, I'm sorry I suggested it now. It seems I have not built up the amount of trust that the Darkcoin community requires.

I'll go back to quietly supporting, lurking, and performing my own guerilla marketing. :(

Ouch. Perhaps I came off too strong, I can understand your reaction given my lack of reputation here and relatively new level of activity on the forum.

I would like to ask you, are any of us without an agenda?

I think of cryptocurrencies as DAO's so my agenda is to build the value of the coin by helping in whatever way I can. My strengths are in communication, empathy, and problem solving. If one of the very minor ways I can help is by suggesting an voluntary and efficient method of organizing our efforts then I'd like to voice that idea.

Please keep in mind it is not as if everyone participating would have control of the code or the website in my suggestion, unless the persons who already have that control choose to use those methods of organizing. It's just something for people to consider given that this is a distributed project and there appears to be potential contributors who feel left out.

TL;DR: It was a legitimate suggestion, I'm sorry I suggested it now. It seems I have not built up the amount of trust that the Darkcoin community requires.

I'll go back to quietly supporting, lurking, and performing my own guerilla marketing. :(

Well shit, I liked your suggestions. I guess your idea of using "holacratic techniques" might have been far enough left field that it short-circuited some neurons in poor yidakee here. In any case, it's great that you are making constructive contributions.

I think Darkcoin has far outgrown a 2-man operation, and really should be recruiting a core team as just_mike suggests. Not only to cover management, delegation & workload, but also to ensure uptime of services (since both Evan & Kyle are on the same timezone).

Remember that this is an asset, not a company. Preferably the coin should just be developed until it meets the specification that were originally set. There is something narcissistic about you OP...

Holacratic techniques are new to me and probably most others.

LimLims - thanks for support. uptime could use help. testnet was down for several day

MrDude - OK, Dakrcoin is an asset. An asset controlled and operated by one person. There are lots of investors (coin holders) and I am one. I am concerned about my investment.

The development cannot stop when certain specs are met. There is always a little more to do, issues to be patched, etc.

Narcissistic? Not really. I just see the current dev situation as bottleneck. More could get done with more people.

Let's brainstorm a to do list, I'll type it up into a pdf/txt/doc and pass it around in a post so that members can step up to the plate.

Some roles that could be filled:

Tech:
-Mobile app (fork of Shildbach's app perhaps?)
-Cold wallet solution (fork of Reiner's Armory perhaps?)
-Online wallets
-Merchant solution platform
The latter 2 of these are something that may be better handled by talking to current payment processors/wallet providers about integrating DRK. May not matter once Open Bazaar, Ethereum, and Ether EX roll out.
Marketing:
- Merchant outreach
- Text and video tutorials
- Guerilla campaigns (stickers in your local city, t shirts, flyers, etc.)
-Conference appearances (expensive but doable, especially with crowd funding)

That's it off the top of my head, please add more. I've begun drafting a dialogue template/flowchart for crypto-holders to merchants. I'll post that when it's complete.

Edit: I know DRK is by and large a product that sells itself. Evan has devised a brilliant economic model, but every effort helps.

Edit #2: Someone is working on the Android wallet: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/android-wallet.383/

I honestly don't think anyone has been held back from helping! We've had a few people helping with compiling in the beginning as well as putting together a miner, but they've moved on. There is an open invitation to please update P2pool as well as stratum etc... we need compilers for Macs, the android team has taken on Darkcoin which is awesome. But seriously, nobody has stepped up for big help. I'm a useless no talent, I don't code at all. I'm not even around at the right time for testing! Frankly, we're lucky we have Evan (Well, none of this would ever have existed if it weren't for his unusual interests) He can be full time here because he's been successful in his short young life. The fact that he's always been interested in both programing and finance just gelled because of the advent of Bitcoin. I think at this point, it's all in his head, and he knows how everything is put together so that when something isn't working out quite right, he knows how to fix it, and for speed's sake, he kind of has to do this alone but just for the foundation. Once it's all finished and open sourced, it will be easier to delegate the work of adding features such as a market, an exchange, a messaging system, etc... Those could all be headed by individuals, and it'll be great, but for now, I don't think there is much we can do to help. It won't be much longer though. Soon!

Freakin hell, that rambled! I'm too tired to fix, hope you can follow, LOL

I was barely interested in Darkcoin around this time and was busy with my work/life/activities, I don't think I knew this site even existed then, and wouldn't have had time to get involved. It's good you've been around since early on. I like reading your posts. :)

I was barely interested in Darkcoin around this time and was busy with my work/life/activities, I don't think I knew this site even existed then, and wouldn't have had time to get involved. It's good you've been around since early on. I like reading your posts. :)
Aw, thanks :)

Yah you can see how things are already changing. There are several people in the wings helping out and will dig in deep as soon as DarkSend is opened. I think flare is helping on the core, and then we have everyone else helping with the wallet design (DRKLord), coordination (CHAOSiTEC), testing and splitting the code from it's monolithic state (DeathRay1977) and Rebroad is keeping DarkCoin in line with Bitcoin updates, etc

There are probably others now, so you can see we have quite a team, and I really need to do a write up on this!

Unlike many other projects, the coding,testing and masternode setup is taking place before the mass marketing/financing/pump, which if this was most other normal businesses would also be the case, i.e. get a decent product prototype working properly and on the production line as it where, and then think about selling it to the larger community. There are more dotcom mark ii projects out there than in during the nineties. Most will fail, and they have already taken a load of btc off speculators in the process(Mastercoin?). When the time is right, and bitcoin regulations kick in (with New York leading the way), people will come looking for a trustworthy,relatively cheap(but still rare) and truly anonymous coin backed up by a large, fast,independent and private network, when that time comes and the market is ready, they will find Darkcoin ...

Back