• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cryptsy mess !

I don't think they will go down immediately though (read next few days), I give them between 2-4 months given there are a lot of delaying tactics and other things they can do while they look for funding. I feel for everyone who has funds there.

Pablo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, you can not with draw any funds whatsover unless you fill in a (not checked and immediately activated) form regarding address and date of birth, this moves you upto tier 1, meaning you can withdraw cryptocurrencies but not any fiat, thats on tier 2 requiring ID.

What are the steps one needs to take to purchase Dash directly from the core team? I would like to stack up on some Dash today or tomorrow but want to avoid Cryptsy at all costs if possible.

What are the steps one needs to take to purchase Dash directly from the core team? I would like to stack up on some Dash today or tomorrow but want to avoid Cryptsy at all costs if possible.

Poloniex seems to be doing a good job lately; JFYI,

Pablo.

Poloniex and Cryptsy both are implementing KYC protocols. I understand the general opposition to this within the crypto community. But these exchanges don't exist in a vacuum and both are United States based exchanges that are subject to regulation and I must assume that the operators want to continue open and don't want to be fined or go to jail.

I do think Cryptsy could do a better job at communicating and I think is not cool for them to announce this kind of thing all of a sudden, buy maybe they are forced to do so by the regulators. These people are running a business, I am sure they would continue unregulated if they could.

Anyway, one advantage of dealing with US based exchanges even if they are regulated is they are more liable and less likely to run with customer funds. I am staying in the sidelines for now but I don't discard using Cryptsy in the future.

Back