• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

CryptoSave

Is it good for the crypto economy if many poor people own small amounts of Dash?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kiwarian

Hi, my name is Edmund Ivor Jones and I am a South African citizen. I am a Boer/Englishman and I love my people. I made a Youtube video as a service to my people with no financial support. I just did what I could with what was available to me.

Here is a video I made in September.

I posted the videos so that you guys would have a feeling for where I am coming from.

I am always striving for better conditions for my people who are living under deteriorating political and financial circumstances. In South Africa we have what we call car guards. They stand in car parks and their physical presence is a great deterrent to vehicle theft. They are poor, disenfranchised and economically handicapped.

Since I became involved with crypto currencies I have become much better off financially with some timely buys of various currencies. Being computer literate and having a smart phone was not optional but a prerequisite. Poorer people are unintentionally excluded from the economic benefits of blockchain technology.

Earlier this month November 2017
My wife was nearing the end of her pregnancy (I now have four daughters) and we were out shopping when a car guard named Johan Kruger (I always give his wife who is also a car guard R20 for looking after my vehicle) pleaded with me that they are not able to pay their rent and if they lose their apartment they would have to go back to the shelter.

I wanted to help them more but I could not. I told him that I am going to be on leave for five days after the baby is born and that I would somehow conceive a solution to help relieve them financially. My response seemed to discourage him but I did not care because I meant what I said.

After the baby was born I was home with the wife and kids for a week. I spent some time assembling a system to help the poor and simultaneously advance crypto awareness among the middle class who like to see themselves as forward thinking and on the ball.

CryptoSave is a community service project. This is the facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/cryptosave/

And the website is a work in progress. This is the first time that I publicly post the link to the website.
It is actually a secret until it is finished. I have never built a website before so please excuse the amatuerishness of it all. I am proud of the pixel art though. I consider it well done. I want to giff it somehow,
make the characters animated.

https://cryptosave.co.za/wp/

I am not asking for money. This is a done deal. But advice, assistance and maybe some professional help would be much appreciated.

Thousands of affluent people think that crypto is a scam and charade until they see a beggar who accepts it as method of payment. It makes those people feel as if they are behind the times and forces them to play catch up.

Crypto is not just a form currency. It also has a status and class dynamic.

I do believe that Dash is a good method of being charitable to the poor.
Please excuse me if I don't understand all the prejudices and politics involved in the Dash Forum community.

A sincere appeal
Edmund Jones

Don't make it about giving and receiving. That's just charity and it's not helpful in the long run. Make it about creating value. A car guard is creating value. A homeless person who picks up trash for a few bucks is creating value. You can help people by using your creative energy to think of ways, even tiny ways, of creating value and then adding value.

You appear to have skills at making videos, which is a great way to transmit value. Car guards sounds interesting to me as an American -- we don't have that. It would be interesting to learn more about that. What would be a creative/fun/inspiring video of the car guarding phenomenon?

They are poor, disenfranchised and economically handicapped.

Wrong. They are human beings who are making their way in the world and they almost certainly have inspiring stories of struggle and survival.

When i was visiting an Indian village I saw a woman wearing a beautiful sari (all saris are beautiful to an American in India) digging a ditch that probably contained raw sewage. That woman was adding value by digging a ditch to carry the sewage away from her home. If I had a camera it would have been an interesting picture.

Don't make it about giving and receiving. That's just charity and it's not helpful in the long run. Make it about creating value. A car guard is creating value.

Maybe I should rephrase...
It is about creating value. Many people do not have the time or technical understanding to figure out what blockchain currencies are all about. How do you get car guards to learn about crypto if they do not have access to the internet. You don't. You create a facility that allows them to get paid in crypto.
Many shoppers use credit cards and never have small change or paper money on their person. Even if they wanted to tip the car guard to thank them for their physical proximity to their vehicle they could not because the car guard does not have a swipe machine.
NNJDASH.svg.pngProblem solved. What is easier for wealthy people is difficult for the poor. For example, opening a bank account when you don't have proof of residence. Emigrating to Australia etc. For some people it is difficult and even impossible to have an email address.

A friend of mine recently assisted a co-worker to get a cellphone contract because the guy was illiterate and could not fill in the documentation.
What CryptoSave does is makes a wallet for the car guard. Educates the average Joe on crypto to the point where he can tip/pay/charitably give in a currency previously inaccessible.

All transactions are visible on the blockchain. When the car guard wants to cash out, the crypto is sold and paid out in cash.
They will also be a walking advertisement for the revolutionary way blockchain is changing the world. When the poor people start earning in crypto then things really go topsy turvy. Jackie2.JPG
Creating value for people by giving them a parallel source of income and they continue to do the same work.

Back