• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cryptocurrency Documentary- what would you like to see

nickhopton

Hi, me and some friends are very keen on doing a documentary about cryptos. Watching Banking on Bitcoin which is the biggest documentary out about crypto there is a lot of room for improvement. We are particularly interested in you're response to these few questions
What excites you about crypto?
What caught you're attention about dash and why do you support it over other alt-coins?
Are there any particularly poignant interesting or fascinating stories that stand out about crypto?

You're replies will be most welcome :)

For people not familiar with cryptos, I would like to see a documentary that would explain simply and shortly but fully:
- what bitcoin and blockchain is
- how other cryptocurrencies originated
- how is DASH different from other crypto's
+ more

For those more familiar with the subject:
- perhaps some speculation on how the miners could develop
- case studies of practical uses of cryptos
- interviews with insiders on how financial institutions are really dealing/taking the crypto's development

Let us know how the project develops! :)

This is not really answering your questions but, how about, "Beyond Bitcoin". A documentary focusing on everything except bitcoin i.e. bitcoin started the revolution but the groundbreaking stuff has been happening outside of bitcoin.

For example:
  • dash with instant transactions
  • IOTA, Directed Acyclic Graph (no blockchain)
  • Stellar, Stellar Consensus Mechanism
  • Neo, Delegated Byzantine Fault Tolerance
And so on.

This is not really answering your questions but, how about, "Beyond Bitcoin". A documentary focusing on everything except bitcoin i.e. bitcoin started the revolution but the groundbreaking stuff has been happening outside of bitcoin.

For example:
  • dash with instant transactions
  • IOTA, Directed Acyclic Graph (no blockchain)
  • Stellar, Stellar Consensus Mechanism
  • Neo, Delegated Byzantine Fault Tolerance
And so on.
I think this could be a good angle for a documentary as well. It would make sense to focus on some of bitcoin's problems and how other coins like Dash are working to resolve them. For example:
  • Bitcoin's governance problems leading to forks - Dash Masternode voting
  • Bitcoin's slow transactions - Dash InstantSend
  • Bitcoin's lack of privacy solutions - Dash PrivateSend
  • Bitcoin's scaling problems vs Dash scaling roadmap
  • Bitcoin's difficult to use vs Dash Evolution
  • Bitcoin's being susceptible to 3rd party financial influence vs Dash self-funding for development
Also might suggest another idea for a title - "Beyond Bitcoin - How Next Generation Cryptocurrencies Will Finish what Satoshi Started"

I think this could be a good angle for a documentary as well. It would make sense to focus on some of bitcoin's problems and how other coins like Dash are working to resolve them. For example:
  • Bitcoin's governance problems leading to forks - Dash Masternode voting
  • Bitcoin's slow transactions - Dash InstantSend
  • Bitcoin's lack of privacy solutions - Dash PrivateSend
  • Bitcoin's scaling problems vs Dash scaling roadmap
  • Bitcoin's difficult to use vs Dash Evolution
  • Bitcoin's being susceptible to 3rd party financial influence vs Dash self-funding for development
Also might suggest another idea for a title - "Beyond Bitcoin - How Next Generation Cryptocurrencies Will Finish what Satoshi Started"

Though I think there needs to be some care not to be trashing bitcoin. And not 100% on dash, but broad enough to cover multiple bases; remittance, retail payments, machine to machine payments, dark markets, decentralized exchanges and so on.

How long / involved do you imagine this documentary? What other work have you done?

Back