• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Crowdnode Trusted/Trustless Voting Discussion

It seems many people are happy with Crowdnode voting so long as they are transparent and this misses the point entirely. It's like saying, you trust banks so long as they maintain transparency. In which case, why bother with blockchain, we can just wait for the faithful day that trust is destroyed and then complain bitterly about it. At which point, you may wake up to find that unwanted entities have taken over governance, then what?

Crowdnode and others are providing a Proof of Stake service to their customers. Not your keys, not your vote. So why are we encouraging and facilitating such bad behavior?

It may not be our members voting-keys explicitly, because we maintain the private keys, but it is our members funds and when members vote, we vote accordingly - which anyone can audit if they like.

Gather the votes for any addresses that deposited to CrowdNode:

Get the active voting-addresses, may vary from our actual masternodes depending on if any members have delegated voting-keys to the platform:

Compare to the blockchain votes or use:

I get the general idea of distrust, but please don't try to inject any distrust on CrowdNode when it is unspoken for.

It may not be our members voting-keys explicitly, because we maintain the private keys, but it is our members funds and when members vote, we vote accordingly - which anyone can audit if they like.

Gather the votes for any addresses that deposited to CrowdNode:

Get the active voting-addresses, may vary from our actual masternodes depending on if any members have delegated voting-keys to the platform:

Compare to the blockchain votes or use:

I get the general idea of distrust, but please don't try to inject any distrust on CrowdNode when it is unspoken for.

I could say the same about banks. Should I allow them to be transparent and not inject distrust?

But just to be clear, I am not saying Crowdnode can not be trusted at this point in time, only that the possibility exists with little friction to prevent it from occurring. Crowdnode can be viewed as a L2 solution, potentially skipping L1 consensus with the possibility to rearrange votes to favor or minimize some proposals over others.

Additionally, I do not point my finger solely at Crowdnode but to all possible L2 voting scenarios.

Back