• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Creating a NEW Proposal.....

M

MangledBlue

Let all of this Proposal stuff be a lesson to you..... (if not by witness alone)

There should be some common guidelines, for anybody to follow, to gain a successful proposal submission...

NO TROLLS PLEASE - THIS A CONSTRUCTIVE THREAD TO GATHER DATA, CONCERNING:

-[An approach to a successful DASH proposal]

Here's a few to get started....

- Plan your proposal out - just don't throw an idea at the wall and hope it sticks

- Give a clear and concise plan that contains all the known details
- - of course there will be times when info will be need to be kept secret, in special cases, - which would be a great time to lobby for votes behind closed doors... (just say'n because it's going to happen)

- Cover your funding completely and add 20% for items that might go over budget and/or a possible dip in the market, if you really do need to sell for fiat

- Lobby for votes
- - If needed, contact individuals that publicly state that they will down-vote your proposal and also contact the individuals, to reward them, for supporting your cause(s)

- Create an AD campaign and post it at least (1) time
- - TaoOfSatoshi will run with it, once he's on board..... [free cheerleader(s), just not the best looking :p ]

- etc
- - etc

Keep the list going.......

What do you believe makes for a 'proper approach' to any DASH Proposal Submission?

NO TROLLS PLEASE - THIS A CONSTRUCTIVE THREAD TO GATHER DATA, CONCERNING:
[An approach to a successful DASH proposal]

I see where you're trying to get and honestly I support you 100% but as an alternative to all that work to submit a proposal one could just get Evan's direct approval and obtain the same result.
This is not trolling it's just a fact, people accept leader guidance with fewer question than some other guy, it's majority human nature!
So lobbying Evan would be the best, not saying it would be easy because in my opinion Evan is not an easy person to lobby, fortunately.

I see where you're trying to get and honestly I support you 100% but as an alternative to all that work to submit a proposal one could just get Evan's direct approval and obtain the same result.
This is not trolling it's just a fact, people accept leader guidance with fewer question than some other guy, it's majority human nature!
So lobbying Evan would be the best, not saying it would be easy because in my opinion Evan is not an easy person to lobby, fortunately.

Agreed. This is not the way a voting process should happen, unless its the same for everyone. We need basic guidelines and expectations INSIDE the proposal area.

Might not fit 100% so sorry, but regarding volatility: We definitely need a way to peg fundings to USD and dynamically change the DASH-payout. At least for now. In 5 years prices might be more stable. Isn't that the main criticism with the whole "Vendor-Experience" story?

A 3rd tier Evolution App utilizing oracles ("What's the current price for 1 DASH?") could be done for that.

Agreed. This is not the way a voting process should happen, unless its the same for everyone. We need basic guidelines and expectations INSIDE the proposal area.
It is what it is. I strongly believe this will be less and less of an issue as time goes by. Weak hands will leave as the price won't rise and make them rich and strong hands will accept the responsibility of having a direct democracy system at their disposal ;)

to makes things a little bit more complicated, the yearly 7% block reward cut will impact the superblock amount which will impact certain already
established budget proposals... things are about to get stirred up a bit.

Back