• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Craigrant is spamming the forum with his videos

Should we put a temporary ban on Craigrant in the Dash Forum?

• Total voters

bluebit

At first when craig started making videos about Dash everything seemed great. But now it seems apparent that something different is going on.

As a community do we want Craigrant to be representing us? He appears to be goofing/clowning around, posting his videos all over the places in order entice Dash users to give him even more tips. He has stated that he has already received over $100 in Dash tips. Not only that but he has stupidly posted his Driver's License and Bank Statement on the forums. He appears to be out of control.

I voted "no", but, anyway, this craig guy has been blocked here for me since long.

The point is, for me, he's too anyoing, but other people might enjoy what he is doing. So, as long as he is not "hurting" the community (insulting, etc) it'd make no sense to block him.

... he seems to be a happy guy, anyway...

and, remember: The prudent keep their knowledge to themselves, but a fool's heart blurts out folly

:wink:

I sometimes I forget there are people out there not willing to learn or earn on their own just waiting for hand outs. Spamming for digital tips much?

Definitely no imo, there is nothing wrong with bringing your own point of view in fun and crazy way.
I never was able to do so so I'm a bit envious but that's not the reason to ban either :grin:

EDIT:
bitcoin reddit
Naahh... Everyone is free to talk here in an appropriate subforum unless they are trolling or (really) spamming. Some have vision that you're too active and find that suspicious but they have the right for it just like you have the right to be very active :smile:

Maybe ask him to post his videos in the relevant section instead of general thread every time. Or create one thread where Craig can post his videos. It was fun for a minute or two but i blocked him now as well.

Guys, this is really starting to feel weird - just imagine you asking btctalk (or any other forum) mods to ban someone for posting too much (without violating the rules) or to make a special thread/section for him :confused:
Regarding him creating many threads: 1) each one has single separate topic so far 2) they are Dash related. Nothing is wrong imo - some found him fun and that pays off.

PS. You are free to ignore whoever you want (just like on any other forum) of course.

EDIT: craigrant I must notice however, that keeping your videos more organized could help those who are interested to stay always informed and there will be less "noise" for those who aren't. win win :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, this is really starting to feel weird - just imagine you asking btctalk (or any other forum) mods to ban someone for posting too much (without violating the rules) or to make a special thread/section for him :confused:
Regarding him creating many threads: 1) each one has single separate topic so far 2) they are Dash related. Nothing is wrong imo - some found him fun and that pays off.

PS. You are free to ignore whoever you want (just like on any other forum) of course.

EDIT: craigrant I must notice however, that keeping your videos more organized could help those who are interested to stay always informed and there will be less "noise" for those who aren't. win win :)

It was a suggestion. I hardly ever seen anyone post personal content in general thread even if it's DASH related. I've even refrained from posting my podcast links there when 90% of the content is DASH related.

When a new user comes here and the first things they see is Craigs videos it's a major turn off no matter how fun and jolly the guys threads are.

In addition to all this it would serve craig well to create 1 ongoing thread as he could easily converse with the minority few who will continue watching his videos.

*edit also wasn't asking anyone to create a thread for him. Was saying if he's going to post 3 new videos every day it would be wise to ask him to do that.

No! His enthusiasm is great. You don't have to check out his threads, but maybe the mods will combine them if there are too many? I'm not paying attention to that part.

yeah hi craig if you read this I watched a few of your videos saw your posts sprawling the forums here is a video for you,
looks like life is very "beautiful" for you. that is great I agree positive thoughts are very powerful. if everyone could have the same payroll as you and have so much energy we would all love this life as it is a miracle. Wouldn't that be great.

But some of us scrape buy, many of us don't have extra money each week let alone each month, your crypto budget could pay for my rent. but look around the forums we don't have a lot of users asking for big big tips and posting videos and media so frequent. we all want DASH to make a change in the way people exchange value. this is long reaching and has many facets some public some private. Some things we may not agree on but others we will, it takes a strong foundation and a lot of different views to build something so powerful that it makes everyone think in a different light...thanks for joining

But please i agree start a craig thread and keep your videos there so we won't have a bunch of different topic threads always being started. people who want to watch can watch your thread. People who want to find the history of the videos can read and stay in one thread. I voted other*

It was a suggestion. I hardly ever seen anyone post personal content in general thread even if it's DASH related. I've even refrained from posting my podcast links there when 90% of the content is DASH related.

When a new user comes here and the first things they see is Craigs videos it's a major turn off no matter how fun and jolly the guys threads are.

In addition to all this it would serve craig well to create 1 ongoing thread as he could easily converse with the minority few who will continue watching his videos.

*edit also wasn't asking anyone to create a thread for him. Was saying if he's going to post 3 new videos every day it would be wise to ask him to do that.
the single thread would still be the first thing a new user sees, as it would still get allot of comments... from the mods point of view, banning is the only option... the motion was brought forth by the Dash King, so obviously everybody will side with what the King proposes, the vote is just a mirage, I am already banned, that's for sure

the single thread would still be the first thing a new user sees, as it would still get allot of comments... from the mods point of view, banning is the only option... the motion was brought forth by the Dash King, so obviously everybody will side with what the King proposes, the vote is just a mirage, I am already banned, that's for sure
Well...
1) I'm one of the mods and I think I gave you no reason to say this, quite the opposite.
2) There is no relason to insult everyone based on your vision of a poll proposed by another community member.
That wasn't fun at all.

My advice - take a break, relax, maybe have a sleep or a drink or whatever... and then get back to doing whatever you like.

Cheers

Well...
1) I'm one of the mods and I think I gave you no reason to say this, quite the opposite.
2) There is no relason to insult everyone based on your vision of a poll proposed by another community member.
That wasn't fun at all.

My advice - take a break, relax, maybe have a sleep or a drink or whatever... and then get back to doing whatever you like.

Cheers
And I smile

yeah hi craig if you read this I watched a few of your videos saw your posts sprawling the forums here is a video for you,
looks like life is very "beautiful" for you. that is great I agree positive thoughts are very powerful. if everyone could have the same payroll as you and have so much energy we would all love this life as it is a miracle. Wouldn't that be great.

But some of us scrape buy, many of us don't have extra money each week let alone each month, your crypto budget could pay for my rent. but look around the forums we don't have a lot of users asking for big big tips and posting videos and media so frequent. we all want DASH to make a change in the way people exchange value. this is long reaching and has many facets some public some private. Some things we may not agree on but others we will, it takes a strong foundation and a lot of different views to build something so powerful that it makes everyone think in a different light...thanks for joining

But please i agree start a craig thread and keep your videos there so we won't have a bunch of different topic threads always being started. people who want to watch can watch your thread. People who want to find the history of the videos can read and stay in one thread. I voted other*
Yes, the single thread is a good option, after reading your words I can see more clear

i'm a bit disappointed by OP for creating such a personalized attack thread like this and right away using heavy words like "'ban",
only moderators should ban people when in violation of forum rules ....
funny, I was under the assumption that the person who started this thread was a moderator or a highly respect individual with a long track record in the forum, me seeing the word "ban" gave me that assumption, and I saw the D logo on their thumbnail, but now I realize that's not the case, so now I feel silly as I have been posting in forums since 1999 and have never been banned, but I am aware that it's easy to throw words like ban around and create chaos. I definitely wont be posting that much from this point on though, so at least this led to something good

i'm a bit disappointed by OP for creating such a personalized attack thread like this and right away using heavy words like "'ban",
only moderators should ban people when in violation of forum rules ....

ya know, like racism.

All i have to say to everyone grabbing the pitchforks is good job. You are non tolerant human being, who would most likely have been in the wrong side of history, many times.

This guy legit is trying to help and be a part of the community, and you are shunning him for his personal views. Everyone who voted yes, please say so instead of hiding behind some dumb vote mechanism, or are you scared of people knowing you are hateful?

And edit: I care not what people think of me honestly, I'm more worried about the fact the same hateful attitude is permeating through Dash that helped ruin Bitcoins appeal.

You may not understand public perception, and I get that. But when we run around smacking people down instead of being helpful, we are not creating a welcoming atmosphere, and anyone who hasn't done 3 months of research is going to ignore us.

Is this your goal? Because that is all you are accomplishing by acting this way to someone just because they approach life differently than you.

If we set the precedent with banning Craig for offering his input on this community, I will fully dissapointed.

Don't be a Theymos. Not everyone gives a crap about privacy, respect that. Just as he is respecting your shitty attitudes towards him.

Malcom X said it best:

Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
Malcolm X

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps we can create a VIDEOS section, with official and unofficial subforums? I'm on record as saying that I like Craig's bizarreness, and I would still watch some. I do agree however that these types of posts should have their own place, so they don't dominate the general discussion. Don't get turned off, Craig, you still have a few fans here!

Hey Craig, if you start a "Craig Rant Thread" You can keep your latest videos on the top post by editing it, and the others can be backed up in the thread on the day you posted them (in other words, new video goes in thread at the next post, and also replaces what was in the first post (temperately until a new one replaces it) So it'll be like a fresh thread for each video and yet there will be an archive of the old videos embedded in the thread. And everything will be easy to find :D

Back