• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Couple newb questions

Dmann

So I've only been mining scrypt coins for this last week or so that I've been mining (newb all around) and I started mining DRK today using windows and the miner from the website through the official pool.

My first question is what is the difference between intensity and xintensity and which would be better to use?

Second question is when I start up the miner I get this:
drkquest.jpg

Should it be saying Diff 0/0?
Also I'm not noticing any numbers next to A: (accepted shares right?) although i did receive partial credit on the pool. I'm mostly just making sure that there won't be any damage done to my pc.

Thanks!

Your settings look messed up. How are you launching the miner?
If doing a pool do
Code:
Sgminer.exe -o stratum+TCP://[pool address] -u [worker name] -p [password]

Also there is a newer version of sgminer. I recommend using that. Get it here for windows. Newest version as of today.

Edit: also when not launching from a config file, make sure your using the Darkcoin kernel. Do that with the -k flag.
Code:
-k darkcoin

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm launching using the .bat file
That's exactly how my .bat is setup. No more, no less.

So I should add the kernel thing in my bat? Anywhere in particular, after the -o?

I'll try the new sgminer,
Thanks.

Can you help clarify the difference between Intensity/Xintensity/Raw Intensity?

So I should add the kernel thing in my bat? Anywhere in particular, after the -o?
Can you help clarify the difference between Intensity/Xintensity/Raw Intensity?

Doesn't matter where you put the -k for reference, it's usually the first thing I put when not using a config file.

I believe sgminer does not utilize x intensity and raw intensity.

The new version 4.1 should display diff as something other then 0 and 0.

Back