• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cost of a DASH 51% Attack Article

With the Antminder D3 coming on line (at 15 GH/S), it costs even less money for a 51% attack. Also, the network hash rate in the article looks too high. I'm seeing a network hash rate of 15,000 GH/S. The article shows network's hash rate at 71 740 GH/s.

He's corrected his numbers a few times in that article and I think it's still off. Quite sloppy. I guess some information on the internet might not be accurate after all :)

The Antminer D3 would reduce the cost of 51% attack today assuming one could obtain a lot of them, but they are on back order. By the time the D3s are more freely available I'm assuming the hash rate will be much higher. Then the cost of a 51% attack would be similar to what it was before they came out would it not?

I agree with your comments on D3 availability and the resulting increase in network hashrate. It will hit similar 51% attack cost numbers as the D3's ramp.

Back