• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Corrupt Masternode Walet after RC3 soft fork

So I attempted to setup a darkcoind on a remote server. I created a wallet made an address and sent the money. Then suddenly the darkcoind crashed, and now I cannot open it up because it says wallet is corrupt and it was unable to salvage. I tried to move the wallet file to another computer and I get the same error.

Anyone have any idea how I can recover my massive losses?

I looked at the wallet file in a text editor and it just says NULL NULL NULL.... I'm beyond livid right now.

This is the address I sent it to but no longer have control because of the corrupted wallet.

Read my above post, I downloaded the new darkcoind, created an address sent money to it. Then the program crashed and my wallet is corrupt. Its nothing but 0's and I had just sent 1000 DRK to the address. Meaning i must lost 9700 dollars.

Read my above post, I downloaded the new darkcoind, created an address sent money to it. Then the program crashed and my wallet is corrupt. Its nothing but 0's and I had just sent 1000 DRK to the address. Meaning i must lost 9700 dollars.
You do have a wallet.dat backup right?

Please consider a hard fork. I went to start a masternode and sent 1000 a new wallet I setup on a VPS and then it suddently crashed and now says the wallet is corrupt. I checked the wallet in hex editor and it is all 0's.

Xcp5aAE56XpB19DkUjTvyptvGKGrZPv4cs

DarkCoin version v0.10.11.4-beta (2014-06-25 16:45:27 -0700)
Using OpenSSL version OpenSSL 1.0.1 14 Mar 2012
Default data directory /home/user/.darkcoin
Using data directory /home/user/.darkcoin
user@excoin:~$ Using at most 256 connections (1024 file descriptors available)
DarkCoin server starting
Using 8 threads for script verification
init message: Verifying wallet...
dbenv.open LogDir=/home/user/.darkcoin/database ErrorFile=/home/user/.darkcoin/db.log
Failed to rename wallet.dat to wallet.1403783993.bak
Error: wallet.dat corrupt, salvage failed
Error: wallet.dat corrupt, salvage failed
Shutdown : In progress...
StopNode()
Flushed 0 addresses to peers.dat 48ms
Shutdown : done
You do have a wallet.dat backup right?
My backup I made right before I sent the money is fucked too, the wallet file made by the new darkcoind appears to be corrupted from the start.

I have been using bitcoin since 2009, I have used several other alt-currencies. I never had an issue where the daemon crashed and my wallet file was completely corrupted. Then went and looked at my backups and they were just a wall of 0's in a hex editor.

In fact I loaded another wallet with that darkcoind and now it has been corrupted by it as well. The new darkcoind posted in this thread has serious issues.

blackempress. Doesnt really make sense to me you are since 2009 in bitcoin. How you dont have backups on a usb stick? Why are your backups corrupted as well, impossible? If its true im sorry for you.

The TX ID that fucked me over beyond belief is here: 36aa400f5ca01352b8da5bdf7d032c87764f21c6b3c2f8a56ee2e087ce7755de-000

I tried making other wallets with the closed source masternode darkcoind and they are having the same issues.

The TX ID that fucked me over beyond belief is here: 36aa400f5ca01352b8da5bdf7d032c87764f21c6b3c2f8a56ee2e087ce7755de-000

I tried making other wallets with the closed source masternode darkcoind and they are having the same issues.

Mate, I feel for you, but there are 315 MN up and running fine. Its not the darkcoind. It was your download. Delete it and re-download it. Might not even be the wallet.dat

I'm on crypto's since Feb'14, and I send crumbles, encrypt, back-up, test, send crumbles out, backup, test... and then I send serious funds.

Also, might want to copy the wallet to another OS with "good" QT going, and try there.

blackempress. Doesnt really make sense to me you are since 2009 in bitcoin. How you dont have backups on a usb stick? Why are your backups corrupted as well, impossible? If its true im sorry for you.

I would never back up on USB because flash is an approximation of your data first of all. Second it was a VPS so I couldn't use a USB.

Third after making the new wallet using the new closed sourced darkcoind I made a backup, I scp'd it to several servers and encrypted it. I then sent money to the address. After sending money I went back on the server and checked the darkcoind and it had crashed. So I reloaded it and it said the wallet file was corrupt. I opened a hex editor on one of the files I scp'd and it was a wall of 0's. To me it appears the new darkcoind is broken and is generating bad wallet files.

Mate, I feel for you, but there are 315 MN up and running fine. Its not the darkcoind. It was your download. Delete it and re-download it.
I understand that its not broken for all cases, if it was it would have never been pushed live. But to pretend because it works in most cases means it doesn't fail in some cases is absurd.

I understand that its not broken for all cases, if it was it would have never been pushed live. But to pretend because it works in most cases means it doesn't fail in some cases is absurd.

Look, dont want to get into a discussion here. Sincerely trying to help. I've been with darkcoin testnet since 2 months now, and I started as a linux virgin. Dozens of versions, and you're the first to report this issue. Not that its not real, but calm down dude. I know what you're going through, I almost shat myself during the last hard-fork sending 1k out.

Get a windows or mac, fire up the stable version of the QT, delete the wallet.dat generated, copy your "corrupt" wallet over to it, and see what happens!

Wasnt there a --rebuild option for wallets in the original bitcoind? IIRC... maybe darkcoind inherited it.

I alread
Look, dont want to get into a discussion here. Sincerely trying to help. I've been with darkcoin testnet since 2 months now, and I started as a linux virgin. Dozens of versions, and you're the first to report this issue. Not that its not real, but calm down dude. I know what you're going through, I almost shat myself during the last hard-fork sending 1k out.

Get a windows or mac, fire up the stable version of the QT, delete the wallet.dat generated, copy your "corrupt" wallet over to it, and see what happens!
I appreciate the advice, but unfortunately I already tried that. I scped the wallet.dat to my mac openeed it up in the newest QT and get the same error. Wallet corrupt could not salvage, which makes sence considering the wallet file in a hex editor shows just 0's.

This is worse than a hard fork issue, I cannot just rebuild the blockchain. The wallet I sent 1000 DRK to is now a blackhole because I have no access to the private keys.

Just zero's ? It could have been your hard-drive with bad sectors while writing to it.

Wallet options:

-disablewallet Do not load the wallet and disable wallet RPC calls
-paytxfee=<amt> Fee per kB to add to transactions you send
-rescan Rescan the block chain for missing wallet transactions
-zapwallettxes Clear list of wallet transactions (diagnostic tool; implies -rescan)
-salvagewallet Attempt to recover private keys from a corrupt wallet.dat
-upgradewallet Upgrade wallet to latest format
-wallet=<file> Specify wallet file (within data directory)
-walletnotify=<cmd> Execute command when a wallet transaction changes (%s in cmd is replaced by TxID)
-spendzeroconfchange Spend unconfirmed change when sending transactions (default: 1)

Try -salvagewallet

Just zero's ? It could have been your hard-drive with bad sectors while writing to it.

Try -salvagewallet
The server I did it on is a dedicated server with RAID I rented. Unfortunately I have also tried the salvagewallet flag :(

I had rented it just for setting up a masternode on. Was going to create multiple VPS for the other master nodes.

Don't mean to sound frantic but I just lost 9700 dollars and its very alarming.

You are the only one with this issue. Nobody else has reported anything. Rather than blame DRK and call it broken go back and try to figure out where YOU differed from others and fix the problem.

It is very hard to imagine that the coin is broken as you imply.

JGCMiner, I didn't do anything special. I used the newest closed source masternode darkcoind from this thread to create a wallet on a ubuntu machine and it failed to work.

You can pretend there are no issues because no one yet has reported them but me but that would be a major failure in logic.

Back