• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Congrats everyone for crossing $500, its time to get serious

Dashmaximalist

hi dash fans

Today has been has great day for dash , we have seen a good rise of 13% and dash price crossing $500.

So going forward we have lot more fire power in treasury and its time to make use this very wisely.

My first and foremost concern is this , we dont have user friendly dash wallet on Android , can we fix this ?

can the BD team contact few of good wallet providers like Xapo, BTCC , Coinbase , Blockchain.info etc and get us to listed on them or Hire a really superb Android team to make it really stand out

Why Android ?

The share of android world wide is like 90% and in developing countries its more like 97% , unless we have a killer Android app , we cant dream of competing with Bitcoin.

Now i know what some people say , wait till evolution ... now did the price run today - did it wait till evolution was finished ?

Every second wasted is time that we could have made dash better , simpler, user friendly with better network efforts which finally results in saving people from potential financial ruin and so on , all this cant wait till the damn Evolution wallet gets finished.

we got this fantastic Treasury facility up and running let's make good use of it.

Last edited:
What exactly is wrong with HashEngineering Android wallet? I use it and it works fine. Anyway hopefully soon the port of CoPay to Dash will be complete and we will get a cross-platform wallet.

its not as user friendly as say Xapo or coinbase is and given the fact that crypto is fairly geeky we need as user friendly apps as possible

finding your address and sending it on the Android app is such a horrible experience currently it takes like 4-5 steps which most people will just miss

it's not as user friendly as say Xapo or coinbase is and given the fact that crypto is fairly geeky we need as user friendly apps as possible

finding your address and sending it on the Android app is such a horrible experience currently it takes like 4-5 steps which most people will just miss

I can't confirm that if the other side can scan a QR-Code it takes 1 clicks and if they can't I need 3 clicks to get the address into the clipboard or share it with some messaging app.
Could it be improved I guess but it seems fine to me.

The other big deal is xapo and coinbase have like million plus users and are trustworthy and have excellent support so all these things count... Without support most users will find it hard obviously

My only complaint with Jaxx or Coinomi (which I use) is that I cannot send a MN "start" from either. I would jump on any app that enabled MN "start". Otherwise, I have no problem with Coinomi.

My only complaint with Jaxx or Coinomi (which I use) is that I cannot send a MN "start" from either. I would jump on any app that enabled MN "start". Otherwise, I have no problem with Coinomi.
For "masternode start" you have to keep funds there and with all my respect to all software wallet providers I would NOT recommend anything but using some hardware wallet (Trezor, Ledger, Keepkey) to store such amounts instead.

For "masternode start" you have to keep funds there and with all my respect to all software wallet providers I would NOT recommend anything but using some hardware wallet (Trezor, Ledger, Keepkey) to store such amounts instead.
Not really. You would only have to give the app a verifiable privkey containing a single 1000-Dash transaction. The app need not keep the privkey after sending the start. Sort of how Mycelium lets you send from paper.

[Later edit]: Come to think of it, that's how I use core. (1) Start core with new wallet, (2) Import my 1000-Dash privkey, (3) rescan, (4) send "start", (5) shut down, (6) delete the wallet. My complaint is too many steps, and I first have to find a desktop machine.

Last edited:
Not really. You would only have to give the app a verifiable privkey containing a single 1000-Dash transaction. The app need not keep the privkey after sending the start. Sort of how Mycelium lets you send from paper.

[Later edit]: Come to think of it, that's how I use core. (1) Start core with new wallet, (2) Import my 1000-Dash privkey, (3) rescan, (4) send "start", (5) shut down, (6) delete the wallet. My complaint is too many steps, and I first have to find a desktop machine.
Both methods mean that you submit you private key holding huge amount of money in plain text on potentially compromised machines connected to the internet - security wise it's the worst case possible. Stop doing that! Just spend $100, buy HW wallet and you'll never have to risk your private key this way anymore.

Back