• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Community Innitiative #3 - Virtual Corporation IPO

GreyGhost

Foundation Member
Another discussion that started with this post over at the trolls infested Bitcoin talk I will copy paste to see if a conversation could start...

As I watched Evan's video on the Virtual Corporation
I've been thinking about an IPO ("initial public offering," for the uninitiated).

DASH could ponder that route also:
-- Each Masternode would be a class "A" share;
-- IPO would issue common shares;
-- DASH token / coin / currency would still be a unit exchangeable for services and products (or other coins, fiat on currency exchanges) not unlike renminbi - yuan distinction (an official name of the currency and its units' denomination).

# # #

Edit: a link Tante posted or re-posted https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118 is already a great document for the "financial disclosures." Anther route for DASH to gain traction would be to consider (Evan's transparency is an incredible valuable asset for such a move) Rule 506 of Regulation D private offering. MN as a share "A" -- and given that Rule 506 D stipulates you can't offer the shares to "non sophisticated investors" (i.e. those who can't afford to lose the money) the offer can and should be private. But the talk about it could be public
smiley.gif

A more general talk... not edited copy paste of my post from the Bitcoin talk...

I think if we want DASH to move toward the grown up world this discussion - any sort of engagement with the parrots regurgitating same old same old garbage - is moot.

In the grown up world, where you must disclose financial statements, have a business plan, disclaimers, risk factors (check out the FORM U-7, DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT as a part of the SCOR Form, used for private funding offerings; Rule 506 of Regulation D) in order to attract investors to your venture, Evan Duffield, as the Virtual Corporation CEO (or whatever) behind DASH already has a huge advantage: his real name and surname, his working history and ethic, his mind-boggling set of innovations. And Was The Instamine A Positive Thing For Dash? (https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118) is all that is needed regarding this particular issue. (it also serves as a perfect disclaimer)

His invention also has a market cap value that is multiple of that of any startup begging for angel investments or venture capital and he does have several hundred or thousands of eligible class "A" shares investors (i.e. investors to Masternodes; I can't know how many individuals hold all these MN for many are multiple MN holders)

He is way up on the scale an investor uses to measure a serious business. So whomever supports DASH should start thinking about the real world, outside of our lunatic fringe niche and push toward realization of the greatest idea humanity has seen, when financial world is in question. Let me reiterate, if one reads Debt: The First 5,000 Years by anthropologist anarchist David Graeber (also one of the key figures in the Occupy Wall Street movement, thusly a perfect "target" for any and all DASH related promotional activities) he or she would better understand that all the money, throughout the history, was made out of debt. Money as we know it is essentially debt.

DASH is not created out of debt, on the contrary, it is a math based thingy, inflation free (or at least inflation is predictable) that can function better (safer, on a long distance as well) than cash and therefore, capable of enabling the humans to live more humane life than this one we all live under the tyranny of the Financial Crime Cartel and the war-machine that keeps the FCC alive.

This is, indeed, a grown up game, what we strive to achieve.

However, we can't live in a vacuum of a geek-geniuses limbo or spend our time (energy) squabbling with kindergarten kids spewing garbage here (so-called "trolls") for we want a "real world adoption." Well, the real world is confused and confusing enough without any need for X11, isntamine, wallet, keys or any other crypto geek-speak. People never understood how Netscape worked, and even now, I guarantee you, 99% of the people have no clue what the HTML stands for but are now "enjoying" Chrome (or FF, it does not matter) as they browse the Net anyway.

The underlying genius of DASH technology is here to stay. Well, will it stay in the future tech museum of genial discoveries that never took off onto the real world or not, does not depend, I suspect, on Evan and the developers, it depends on all of us. We were given a unique opportunity to be a part of something big, no matter it flaws, but let us fix these flaws for these are mostly coming from us, the community. We are not as good as the product / invention / genius / token / asset we swear to love and support and have faith in, so we need to step up our work. Fuck these idiots and useless bickering; let us see how to advance this thingy.

Back