• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Coinfire, honest journalism?

stan.distortion

Hadn't been following the whole XPY and GAW thing but don't much like the sound of it. Hadn't paid much attention the news site CoinFire either but noticed most crypto news sites have had varying degrees of FUD and bias creep in. Time will tell on coinfires SEC report so not too concerned about that but have CoinFire put up any dishonest articles in the past? Honest journalism is getting hard to find in the crypto world and they may have been attacked for it by what looks like someone with a lot of resources, looking for some idea on their credibility is all. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hadn't been following the whole XPY and GAW thing but don't much like the sound of it. Hadn't paid much attention the news site CoinFire either but noticed most crypto news sites have had varying degrees of FUD and bias creep in. Time will tell on coinfires SEC report so not too concerned about that but have CoinFire put up any dishonest articles in the past? Honest journalism is getting hard to find in the crypto world and they may have been attacked for it by what looks like someone with a lot of resources, looking for some idea on their credibility is all. Thanks.

I hadn't really followed their website until the recent news of their hacking broke so I am unsure of whether or not they have had any dishonest articles in the past. I do like that they have their editorial and ethics policy posted right in the menu of their website, if they in fact follow those policies is beyond me.

http://coinfire.io/ethics-policy/
http://coinfire.io/editorial-policy/

He really does have it in for GAW, I hold some XPY (sold enough to purchase a DRK MN) as I was with GAW for several months (started with Scrypt hardware, which was all fine, even had units shipped, still am generating some through their stakers and a few hundred GH of SHA sending me dribbles of BTC), as I think it has a good chance of rising (1st Feb - 2nd March their "buyback" program kicks in anyway) or doing something anyway... Gotta speculate to lose everything huh? I can't see it getting near their magical $20 mark, but I think it will go up from it's current rate as people lock up coins in their escrow thing on Paybase.

Anyway, sorry for digressing (just worth stating my holdings/opinon for clarity), but I find questionable the length that he goes to undermine GAW, I mean there are plenty of other companies, and scams, but apart from "news" you can read about at pretty much any other site, he seems to constantly focus on "taking GAW down", my guess is he was invested or lost out somehow. You just need to read his Reddit comments to understand that about 50% of what he says is some way linked to GAW/Paycoin/Paybase. Maybe he should put as much effort into other articles to become a bit more balanced.

TL;DR IMO, he puts too much effort into it to just "be reporting the news", there's definetely something fishy going on with him, with him it seems more personal and is at odds with his policy of "Some sites make money by being trashy. We don’t do this" (except when it comes to GAW).

Back