• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Circus City Sponsorship

Syntheist

There is a large circus festival happening in my city featuring performers from across the world. Google "Circus City Bristol" (Will add link once forum allows)

Many circus performers work internationally and several I know have used bitcoin in the past to have global access to their money. The circus community in general is one that could really be helped by blockchain technology.

My idea is that Dash provides sponsorship and in return is integrated into the festival: with the logo appearing on all publicity, me running a team introducing people to Dash at the festival hub (explaining the basics, installing wallets, signing up to exchanges) so that performers can opt to be paid by the festival in Dash.

Given that Dash provides a faster, cheaper and more private service than fiat or bitcoin it seems like a win/win.

I'm a theatre maker who has been using blockchains since 2011 and I'm keen to bring the very clear benefits of Dash's technology and governance model to the communities I'm part of.

This would be my first proposal and all feedback is welcome.

For the mass users, I think we need to wait until the Evolution released.

Currently we should only reach to geeks and liberal entrepreneurs.

Currently we should only reach to geeks and liberal entrepreneurs.

Let me be clear I'm talking about contemporary circus, this is not the world of the traditional big top circus.

Inside the contemporary circus community there is a very high proportion of geeks, the rapid adoption and creative adaptation of technology is commonplace. From programming through to hacking hardware there is a big first mover advantage, being the only person who figured out how to do something can lead to years of work with that act.

Also every circus performer, being self employed, is an entrepreneur. Whatever the latest gadget is the first people I see playing with it are from the circus, because they are the ones looking for something new to give them the edge.

Of course there are slight technical hurdles at present and a small amount of help is required to begin with. This learning curve is far outweighed by the fact that Dash could solve everyday problems for artists who are already living transnational lives.

Let me be clear I'm talking about contemporary circus, this is not the world of the traditional big top circus.

Inside the contemporary circus community there is a very high proportion of geeks, the rapid adoption and creative adaptation of technology is commonplace. From programming through to hacking hardware there is a big first mover advantage, being the only person who figured out how to do something can lead to years of work with that act.

Also every circus performer, being self employed, is an entrepreneur. Whatever the latest gadget is the first people I see playing with it are from the circus, because they are the ones looking for something new to give them the edge.

Of course there are slight technical hurdles at present and a small amount of help is required to begin with. This learning curve is far outweighed by the fact that Dash could solve everyday problems for artists who are already living transnational lives.

Oh, that's very interesting!

Back