• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Central California Convenience Stores

DirtyExpert

I believe I can get local stores to integrate with an idea I have. It involves a 3 month giveaway campaign and several medium sized rallies. What are the thoughts on this?

Could you elaborate a little bit on your plan? As a California resident (who admittedly only occasionally visits the central valley), I would be incredibly excited to be able to spend Dash at any brick-and-mortar stores. I can see the obvious upside for the businesses being the low transaction fees. I can see the obvious downside being exposure to price volatility. Of course, if Dash had a futures market, a Dash payments service could insure itself against this risk.

I don't see how rallies and a giveaway fits into all this...

Could you elaborate a little bit on your plan? As a California resident (who admittedly only occasionally visits the central valley), I would be incredibly excited to be able to spend Dash at any brick-and-mortar stores. I can see the obvious upside for the businesses being the low transaction fees. I can see the obvious downside being exposure to price volatility. Of course, if Dash had a futures market, a Dash payments service could insure itself against this risk.

I don't see how rallies and a giveaway fits into all this...
It is the only way I can see getting enough people to have/use DASH. There are 7 store owners and almost all of the vendors at a local open air market here on Mondays willing to give it a shot. I am not sure that there is a fully functional platform to facilitate this.

Out of curiosity where are you at in Central California? I spent a good amount of time in Santa Ynez Valley/Santa Barbara recently....the central coast has people interested in crypto and needs direction. The Santa Barbara Famers Market would be great to have banners/flyers/atm at

Out of curiosity where are you at in Central California? I spent a good amount of time in Santa Ynez Valley/Santa Barbara recently....the central coast has people interested in crypto and needs direction. The Santa Barbara Famers Market would be great to have banners/flyers/atm at
I am in the San Joaquin Valley, east, north east. On the inland side of that mountain range. I still have big plans but I've had to slow way down. I couldn't find, can't find any help with these projects. I live in the heart of the farming mecca of earth. Within thirty miles of the largest dairy economy,(huge block chain implications) the raisin capital of the world(no big deal) but, and this is where it gets interesting. Over 65% of the US ag product, 55% of all heavy farm machinery, the farming capitol of the world and the world ag expo is right here every year. 3 million people from all over the world here to make huge deals every year. Sorry about rambling, did I answer your question?

Strategically located at one of the only stops along the LA to Silicon Valley high speed rail. Our property values are 1/5 that of those two areas and we are directly in between. Good area for innovation and mass media is everywhere, like taxis in New York

That would be a great place to have Dash being represented. Probably in some ways similar to how I feel about the Santa Ynez Valley where I just spent a good amount of time and there are just so many local shops (as oppossed to corporate chains) where the people owning and operating them have a shot at getting involved. Hope you keep elaborating on your idea here. I think we both see what needs to happen in these valleys-if one or two stores can start accepting.....! Like you say-it's starts with a group of people owning and supporting Dash....get one or few stores taking them.....boom. I've got a list of of a few people and places that are supportive but none that close to you San Joaquin Valley.

I keep saying this is the year where we go from 1/100 people you know having a wallet to 1/10-once this shift happens Dash Treasury projects will really start to shine.

Seeing people like you post on here gives me hope the time is coming....I've spent so much time thinking about how it gets done-how we close the circle and get people involved-practically driven myself insane thinking of how it happens.

At the end of the day it's going to be through wallets, giveaways, and local stores accepting where you can go buy a beer or a burger with your DASH. When Dash Accepted Here stickers are seen at a few places....this will do so much.

Anyway-hope more people comment on your thread-sometimes I think we all forget how crucial it is to comment and support the pre-proposal stage. People are going to want details so be thinking. Always good to start small to prove yourself. But I am with you man-I think you understand how the change happens. Keep posting! I'll be back in California soon.

Thank you @Blake I actually made that original post in February I think and got no response as my others only got negative or none. I wasn't about to post again until seeing your reply. As far as utility I think that Dash has the advantage still and now am a little more apt to continue my focus here.

We have a huge open air market (flea market) here every Monday that draws 10,000+ people on a regular day. Holidays are double that easily. It was my original idea to have a small booth with a few people to explain dash and administer a sign up for a drawing. Facilitate the local convenience stores ability to accept dash and explain how to protect themselves from volatility. The vendors at the flea market will catch on very quickly. Stores generally have to checkout areas but only use one... We may even be able to turn that into an express Dash type of thing. The possibilities are endless

It's a wonderful idea. With a Dash Banner, a booth, and two people passionate about Dash much is possible.

In Santa Barbara there is a similar situation that I have been looking into with a Dash Supporter there. Like I said the Santa Ynez Valley is also ripe for a few Dash Supporters.

The people that will respond are the people you are talking about-I have not given up on the others but they will only come I believe when we get these groups. The risk takers, the rebels, the entrepreneurs...once we blaze the trail it becomes easier.

Just my opinion as someone who has been posting up in cities and passing out bitcoin flyers since 2013!!!

Keep pushing forward with your idea! What would it take to make it happen! That is the question???! If not now, when! Forward!

It's a wonderful idea. With a Dash Banner, a booth, and two people passionate about Dash much is possible.

In Santa Barbara there is a similar situation that I have been looking into with a Dash Supporter there. Like I said the Santa Ynez Valley is also ripe for a few Dash Supporters.

The people that will respond are the people you are talking about-I have not given up on the others but they will only come I believe when we get these groups. The risk takers, the rebels, the entrepreneurs...once we blaze the trail it becomes easier.

Just my opinion as someone who has been posting up in cities and passing out bitcoin flyers since 2013!!!

Keep pushing forward with your idea! What would it take to make it happen! That is the question???! If not now, when! Forward!
I like you @Blake very inspirational! Okay deal I will do a small demonstration of my proposal, as I have a full scale model I am putting together also.

I swear my best work was my projects that didn't get funded! When I was loose, having fun, and just getting out there and talking about Dash!

Start small, take photos, make friends!

I think your ideas are great!

Back