• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can't get Dash Central to work

Skatopia

Anyone know my problem? I used Firefox and Chrome, neither worked any better. I try to create a proposal but it has no options under the drop down for dates or payments, and the only other things present to fill in are price and name of the proposal. Then I hit create proposal but nothing happens. I figure there is more to fill out, but the drop downs should work I'm guessing. I turned off the pop up blocker...not sure what else to do. Want to submit a proposal to the network, so please help.

Hello, sorry to hear of this problem you encountered and thanks for posting this. I've identified the issue (it's a server-side issue and nothing serious), I've forwarded this info along to our infrastructure guys as well as the owner of DashCentral. Should be fixed soon :)

Oh great! Thanks! Slayer is beloved at Skatopia, so bonus! So glad it wasn't on my end.

Way cool! I don't skate but I think need to visit sometime :)

MG_1037-blkwht.jpg

If you do, let us know...we'd love to have anyone from the Dash community show up. You wouldn't be the only non-skater there. Some people come for the skating, some for the freedom, some for camping, some to hunt (off season), and some to just participate in the ongoing art project that is the place. We're wanting to build a Stonehenge replica from used liquor bottles and grout soon, followed perhaps by a Greek style round, where people can sit in a circle and listen to a speaker or speakers, perhaps debates. Already have a pyramid and igloo made of the stuff :) The whole place is one big art project really.

Oh great! Thanks! Slayer is beloved at Skatopia, so bonus! So glad it wasn't on my end.

We're back up and running! You may have to "hard refresh" (hold Control+Shift on your keyboard while refreshing) before it starts working again. When you have a sec give it a try and let us know if you have any trouble :)

I did the hard refresh thing a couple times while troubleshooting here. Okay, have questions...

1. The way our payout is structured is pay-after-proof. We aren't going to get an even amount every month and I see no way to put in different amounts for each pay period. Further, we don't necessarily know what the amount will be...we know the maximum it could be (the proposal total), but we also mention we use re-purposed materials a lot, so its quite possible we come in under our total for reimbursement here.

2. The Your Proposal URL line lights up pink when I hit the Create Proposal button...it still goes nowhere.

The drop downs work now though. So does the amount changing by Total. Thanks again for your time.

I did the hard refresh thing a couple times while troubleshooting here. Okay, have questions...

1. The way our payout is structured is pay-after-proof. We aren't going to get an even amount every month and I see no way to put in different amounts for each pay period. Further, we don't necessarily know what the amount will be...we know the maximum it could be (the proposal total), but we also mention we use re-purposed materials a lot, so its quite possible we come in under our total for reimbursement here.

2. The Your Proposal URL line lights up pink when I hit the Create Proposal button...it still goes nowhere.

The drop downs work now though. So does the amount changing by Total. Thanks again for your time.

1. That's kind of a tricky one, the mechanics of the budget system does require a constant monthly amount (alternatively you could submit individual proposals but that might get costly and require voting each time around). If it were me I'd probably do my best to average the expected costs over that period (typically it's best not to submit for more than 3 months). With that estimate in mind then I'd put together a "plan B" on how any surplus above the actual costs could be used in a productive way :)

2. I wonder if the name of the proposal is causing this issue? Please keep in mind it needs to be < 40 characters and should not contain any spaces. I ran a test a few moments ago and it seemed to work okay using a proposal name of "Test-Proposal". If you could provide the name, amount, address of the proposal I can try reproducing this on my end.

So, I'm confused...I was told the community would prefer pay-after-proof proposals...they appeared to indeed love the idea when we proposed it without being prodded first...but now, if I understand correctly, there is no possible way to conduct such contracts with Dash? This is a HUGE problem for us. How can we do future proposals where we are paid on commission for adoptions by merchants if there is no way to pay-after-proof? You guys will have the same problem as before...you'll have to pay for potential adoptions that never occur. This is bad for Dash and us, as you pay more for less results, and we are less likely to get a proposal passed because we can't reduce costs for you without pay-after-proof. Can someone help me out here? We are excited about the response to our pre-proposal, but its 87+% support was based entirely on us receiving NOTHING upfront except the 5 Dash reimbursement and the Dash for a $5 in Dash giveaway promotion to some small percentage of our party-goers. The rest, the bulk of it, was paid only as we proved we completed tasks, bought materials, etc. Am I to understand this isn't even possible now?

And we can't submit multiple proposals. We're a non-profit. We can barely rationalize the risk of this one proposal. Hence, we say in the pre-proposal that ALL future proposals are dependent on this one passing...we can't waste that kind of money.

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't see anywhere on the page where it said not to use spaces, but that is likely the issue...I won't try again though until this payment schedule stuff gets cleared up. I'm really confused right now as to what the community expects given their support for something that seems to be impossible.

And we can't submit multiple proposals.
Should not be a problem, just ask 5 for proposal reimbursement and 5 for next month proposal in your first proposal.

Watched some youtube about Skatopia. I would really like this proposal to go through. You guys are rocking 'Freedom'. Dash fits.

thanks so much for the compliment and support...and that idea might help, but it does add like 15 Dash in cost to the proposal, as we have until August to provide proof of the last major stage of the proposal...the construction. It will be done at or before July 1st, meaning we might not get reimbursed for it to pay the marketing aspect of the agreement until the first week in August. So it's like a 4 month contract, even though there is barely anything paid until the last payment in July or August. But if the community is fine with it, so are we. Another person in the Slack just paged baby giraffe for me, saying they did a pay-after-proof thing before with a company (wall of coins I think), and so they may be willing to work with me there. We'll see! One thing about this community...they are helpful and quick to relieve frustration for those not experienced and trying.

Back