• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can we get Dashpay Card?

I'm pretty sceptical about that card.
There are a lot of issues with card issuers regarding crypto-based debit cards.
TenX had all of their cards disabled a few months ago and LitePay had their Litecoin card delayed.

Additionally, card issuers are notoriously problematic when privacy based coins are involved.

I'll believe the SmartCash card when I see it in action.
I don't have anything against the project, I just think this is all just marketing for now and no concrete functional product is guaranteed.

Edit:
I watched the video now and he says it's a "crypto to crypto" card.
That would mean that the card is just a replacement for mobile wallet, as far as I can tell

I'm pretty sceptical about that card.
There are a lot of issues with card issuers regarding crypto-based debit cards.
TenX had all of their cards disabled a few months ago and LitePay had their Litecoin card delayed.

Additionally, card issuers are notoriously problematic when privacy based coins are involved.

I'll believe the SmartCash card when I see it in action.
I don't have anything against the project, I just think this is all just marketing for now and no concrete functional product is guaranteed.

Edit:
I watched the video now and he says it's a "crypto to crypto" card.
That would mean that the card is just a replacement for mobile wallet, as far as I can tell

Yes, its only uses crypto, no USD, no visa, no mastercard, it pure crypto, but you dont need your phone, just the card. You can print the card yourself with the code, go to any merchant and they scan it and you type in your pin to release the amount that you are paying for. This is way faster than take out your cellphone to pay for things, plus it's safer while traveling, no phone. You load as much as you need on the card. Also people that dont have phones can buy the card and load it. People rather use a plastic card than a phone to pay for things. If you watch the amount of time it takes to pay with your phone its a lot of time wasted.

Last edited:
So, in essence, it's just a paper wallet.

Yes, looks like it's using a hot wallet using payment codes and hopefully spending rules in a smart contract (guessing)

The merchant needs a dedicated terminal but the biggest hurdle to overcome is integration with existing accounts and taxes. I doubt they have done that bit but would be very interesting if they did.

Hello! I'm new the community, but in my opinion, maybe it's not that diferent from a wallet, but there is a lot of paradigms have to be broken, so Dash can get massive adoption and with something that traditional as a card could break that resistance for change of elder generations.

I still don't see why this card is so hyped.
This would be useful only in places that have a custom POS system in place to accept it and in that case you can do the same thing with a mobile application as with this card.
If we had a Dash POS network in place, we could make a card like this in a day.

Also, I don't see any mention of where would this POS system even be implemented.

SpectroCoin is to announce new cards that can be used with DASH as well as our other supported wallets BTC, ETH, and XEM. (more to come in the future).

Please take a look at it HERE and check all of our existing and future updates HERE
We have a 24/7 support team that would also be glad to guide you through and help you in case any issue arise.

Last edited:
Back