• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can no longer install Dash Core 12.1 wallet

Zack

I installed Dash Core 12.1 and it did work and started rebuilding the block index. I realized this probably wasn't going to be the way to actually upgrade a wallet on my computer so I exited out, uninstalled Dash Core and tried again using the proper "upgrade local wallet" directions.

But now it won't start at all and it gives me the error: "Failed to load masternode cache from mncahce.dat". Even if I uninstall Dash Core AND erase my DashCore user folder completely to try and just create a brand new 12.1 wallet again (so I can transfer my dash from a 12.0.58 wallet), it still gives me that same error. It just refuses to install. And now If I open the Dash 12.0.58 exe it opens but says it needs to reindex the block chain.

I'm using win10 and both versions are 64 bit. I don't know if that is enough info to be useful. I'm wondering if I go ahead and spend the zillion years getting 12.0.58 updated again would that maybe be the thing that would allow my to try to install Dash Core again? I don't see why that would be the case since I don't know what's stopping me from just being able to install a brand new 12.1 wallet? But since I'm using the "installer", perhaps it sees my somehow-not-updated 12.0.58 Dash folder and freaks out in some way? I have no idea at this point. Maybe this all makes sense to someone? Appreciate any help.

let it reindex the block chain
that is exactly what it is supposed to do :rolleyes:
(patience young padawan)

oh wait - forget 12.0.58
we are on 12.1.1 !
secure wallet.dat
erase rest
start fresh

I downloaded 12.1 a few days back and didn't know about 12.1.1. Looks like it's working for me, thanks!

Back