• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can I have 1 Wallet in 2 Computers?

you can lose some coin because change address at both wallet might be different after you make some transaction. if you use 2 computer might be better using trezor.
or you can reuse change address that present at both comp.

Ahhhhh this is what I was looking for, thanks. Yeah I was wondering it may create synchronization problems in the future of some sort.

Ahhhhh this is what I was looking for, thanks. Yeah I was wondering it may create synchronization problems in the future of some sort.

If you generate new address make sure you backup it and copy to another computer. I haven't tried to put the data directory in Dropbox folder. Don't know if that will work. Maybe it is better to use a hardware wallet.![emoji4]

使用Tapatalk 發送

You might also consider the Jaxx wallet. Using the hierarchically deterministic mnemonic in order to backup/restore the wallet would be one option, but, while using Jaxx I have noticed the option to "pair devices".

"Pairing devices" sounds an awful lot like what you're trying to do, semantically. But, I read the Jaxx FAQ and was unable to turn up specifics.

havent tried that yet
Don't do that! It's bound to generate problems later on. They will each generate different new addresses and become inconsistent with each other. You might lose coins if you treat them as copies of each other.

Don't do that! It's bound to generate problems later on. They will each generate different new addresses and become inconsistent with each other. You might lose coins if you treat them as copies of each other.
I had read this elsewhere and truly believe the indiscriminate copying of wallet.dat files is a bad idea.

So, with regard to the Jaxx wallet, what I am trying to figure out is, the difference between backing up and restoring a wallet with the mnemonic versus "pairing devices". There must be some difference, or they wouldn't have built both methods into the software. But, I am unable to discern what the difference is... @adiiorio

Last edited:
You can simply copy the wallet.dat to another computer. It will work!

使用Tapatalk 發送

To put an answer, just this statement: Yes, you can copy a wallet.dat file to another computer and it will work
- but - it is ill-advised without knowing exactly what you are doing....
.....hence the above responses

Do so at your own risk....

You can copy the wallet.dat to another computer, but it isn't a good idea to continue using the wallet on both computers. If you are permanently transferring the wallet from one place to the other then that's fine, but it's not a good idea to start transacting in a wallet when you don't have the absolute latest copy. If I need to use a wallet on another computer that is different from the one I last transacted from, I always copy over the latest wallet.dat every time

Back