• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

CAMEROON CRYPTO EDUCATION PROJECT

Will you support this project?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • How do you think we can improve it?

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

bitnoah

REVISED CAMEROON CRYPTO EDUCATION PROJECT [PRE-PROPOSAL ]

The Cameroon Crypto Education project aims to foster awareness of cryptocurrencies in general and Bitcoin & Dash in particular in French speaking countries in Africa in general and Cameroon in particular in the wake of the upcoming Evolution release.

OUR STORY

I, Noah Roger Justin, stumbled upon bitcoin while doing a search on the Internet in early June last year. I then resolved to learn as much as possible on bitcoin and other crypto-currencies. I even contacted the BEN-bitcoin education network helping me with education material.

I have been an entrepreneur for more than 16 years delving in transport, hotel, finance, real estate and agriculture. In 2009, I started Sanaga Technologies Ltd to distribute NComputing products in Central Africa and were able to successfully launch those zero clients products across the region reaching as far as Benin and Senegal. Today, NComputing is a well known brand used by major companies in banking and insurance.

Back in 2007, I successfully carried out a national campaign on fighting malaria as part of a community project prior to the Africa Junior Chamber International regional conference in South Africa.

I have been appointed an ambassador for the new crypto HUMANIQ that wants to cater for the 2 billion unbanked people across the world with the task of increasing awareness of the project in my country. I am crypto trader and investor and I produced a training for French speakers sold on a French e-products platform here http://noahrjustin.1tpego.net/noahrjustin/le-miracle-du-bitcoin.php

WHAT WE HAVE DONE SO FAR

We have formed an association Cameroon Association for Financial Education which goals include, among others, educating the general public on crypto-currencies in general and bitcoin and Dash in particular and now building a network of enthusiasts mostly from Douala and Yaoundé including some people from West Africa.

The association has been approved by the ministry in charge of internal affairs through the divisional officer of Mfoundi in Yaoundé.

We have realised that French speakers across the continent have little awareness of bitcoin and dash because most of the information is in English. As a result, we started a website www.bitcoinmonde.com where we publish up-to-date information on cryptocurrencies. We have an article on dash at http://bitcoinmonde.com/index.php/dash/. And we recently published a few articles on dash like http://bitcoinmonde.com/index.php/2017/02/23/le-dash-atteint-le-cours-de-23/ and http://bitcoinmonde.com/index.php/2017/03/01/gagnez-de-largent-avec-dash/ and also posted on one facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/bitcoinmonde/

I am myself an investor and trader and hold more than half of my funds in Dash.

clip_image002.jpg

WHAT WE WANT TO DO

Therefore, we intend to embark on our maiden project in the form of a tour to educate the general public including business people, teachers, people trained in IT, students on cryptocurrencies in general, bitcoin and dash in particular. We are planning to hold a major conference in the political capital Yaoundé and in the economic capital in Douala and also a conference in each of the other cities where there are state and private universities viz. Bamenda, Buea, Bafoussam, Dschang, NGaoundéré and Maroua. We plan to give some free bitcoins and dash to students to get them do their first transaction.

JUST FIRST OF A SERIES IN FRENCH SPEAKING AFRICA

Once we are successful with this initial project that concerns Cameroon, we shall replicate it in the major French speaking countries across the continent viz. Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Democratic Rep. of Congo, Gabon, Chad, Benin, Togo and Congo. We have an existing network of contacts in each country.

HOW WILL THE COMMUNITY BENEFIT

Africa is one of the continent with a lot of room for growth in the use of ICT and a huge market yet to be tapped by cryptocurrencies in general and Dash in particular. Dash, with Evolution, will come up with a solution that will be include Africa back in the financial loop since Paypal is not entirely accessible across the continent due to their restrictions viz. on receiving money.

Informing people about that future in Dash will help increase awareness of the crypto across the continent as people could use it instead of PayPal.

In Cameroon for example MTN and Orange, the two major mobile operators have more than 12 billion CFA francs i.e. more than 20 million in e-money transfer services within two years with still high fees. Imagine that we do only 1 million dollars transactions with Dash Evolution in Cameroon alone?

HOW WE INTEND TO USE THE FUNDS

So, we shall needs funds as follows:

1. Donating to students 30% in bitcoin and 70% in Dash. That will be done through successfully answering questions on Dash during conferences, workshops and radio. And we shall show them how they can use the money. $2000

2. Hotel, conference rooms and transport (we shall organize conferences and training workshops in major cities Douala, Yaoundé, Bamenda, Buea, Bafoussam, NGaoundéré, Maroua, Bertoua, Garoua and Ebolowa) $2500

2. Video and audio equipment including camera for recording our events

(The equipment will serve to produce videos for our Youtube educational channel) $2000

4. Flyers, posters, media ads via Facebook ads and other (we shall have printed 100 000 flyers explaining in a concise way what is Dash and its use cases to be distributed during conferences and workshops and awareness campaigns via posters (500 posters) in Universities and facebook ads) $5000

5. Press coverage for the entire tour (to include press in the loop and reach you more people with the campaigns) $1000

Total $12,500 in Dash over a 6-month i.e. $2,100 monthly in Dash

The project will run for a period of 6 months.

Members of the community could check our work through video posted in a dedicated YouTube channel that we shall start for this project.

Attachments

• cyberfund noah march 2017.jpg
    cyberfund noah march 2017.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I really dont think giving away DASH benefits anyone, I think you can work the DASH into something more self sustainable and rewarding for both your students and the community. We are not only looking for a few people getting their hands on DASH, we are looking to kickstart an economy full of buyers, sellers, services and products. I will recomend to improve your proposal in a way that DASH are better put in order to that goal.

Regards.

Hi, Bitnoa, so i think it a great proposal, but like said JZA oyou need to review some thing, or explain more, so it good that you will give bitcoin to student, but they will not spend it, what you will do next after this event ? to keep people into Dash to use it, so you can give them the Dash and they will buy something on internet with, so you now Africa is a poor country people dont play with money, me too am in a poor country it so difficult for someone to work for free here. so i think you need to make a review and your proposal will be good because we need Dash in our country.

I'm a newbie my self. Just been into dash and this community for up to three weeks. But I have a vote, so I'll give my honest and (hopefully) constructive feedback when I can.
I do agree that the African market could benefit much from a decentralized and easy to use currency. And Dash would be a very fitting coin for such a purpose. However, I have some concerns.

Such a proposal have to deal with a lot of trust. I suspect that you will have a hard time getting enough votes for a couple of reasons. You're very new on this forum, and possibly to the Dash currency as well. With little proof of let's call it "good intentions" or know-how to really make such a project successful, I do think that many people will not put their trust in you. Yet.... We know little of how big of a reach you have in your community or how much of an impact you could have. So, that's another uncertainty that I think will make it hard for people to vote yes.

I would have to vote no my self, but hope that you will find some other more tangible project to complete first and that you do not get discouraged from proposing again. Good luck!

I'm a newbie my self. Just been into dash and this community for up to three weeks. But I have a vote, so I'll give my honest and (hopefully) constructive feedback when I can.
I do agree that the African market could benefit much from a decentralized and easy to use currency. And Dash would be a very fitting coin for such a purpose. However, I have some concerns.

Such a proposal have to deal with a lot of trust. I suspect that you will have a hard time getting enough votes for a couple of reasons. You're very new on this forum, and possibly to the Dash currency as well. With little proof of let's call it "good intentions" or know-how to really make such a project successful, I do think that many people will not put their trust in you. Yet.... We know little of how big of a reach you have in your community or how much of an impact you could have. So, that's another uncertainty that I think will make it hard for people to vote yes.

I would have to vote no my self, but hope that you will find some other more tangible project to complete first and that you do not get discouraged from proposing again. Good luck!

Carlh, I thank you very much for your frank feedback. According to Google statistics, Worldwide Dash is better in countries we do not expect. On top of them Nicaragua, Honduras and Trinidad & Tobago. The united states comes in the fifth position. Now regarding Africa, Dash scores below 25 on Google table meaning the awareness is very low. That's what we want to tackle. Like I said we have formed an association for financial education in general and cryptocurrency in particular. I have been running website for french speakers across the continent that you can check at www.bitcoinmonde.com. In the past I have been a member of Junior Chamber International and one of the graduated trainers. Should I add that I was educated in Finance? Would I have to add that I am an entrepreneur and one of the serious achievements is the job we did to introduce NComputing in Central Africa back in 2009 when I stared sanaga technologies www.sanagatechnologies.com.

For your information, some members of my group and myself are working to launch a panafrican crypto exchange in Africa to be available in all official languages spoken on the continent? Do not forget to check me on facebook @rogerjustin.noah1. I have coined bitnoah in many whatsapp groups because of my evangelism on bitcoin and other currencies. I know and understand how Dash works even if I just joined the forum.

Rest assured that I have already successfully carried projects like that. I have given conferences on many occasions as a student and much more as an entrepreneur when launching NComputing and when I was Johannesburd Conference Director for JCI Cameroon in 2007. Taking NComputing from unknown territories in this region to well-known in business &education today is a huge achievement by itself when I remember hurdles we went through, i was then an evangelist of Ncomputing like I have become for bitcoin and Dash. I have been made an ambassador for Humaniq that will ICO on next 6th april raising awareness about that new crypto, the banking 4.0 system for the 2 billions unbanked people around the world.

Look, people in most parts in Africa cannot receive money through paypal and we suffer from this injustice. Last year, i wanted to buy an online business with annual net profits of $50,000 but had to forget about it because all customers payments were through paypal. Now with Dash Evolution, we shall at last have our unrestricted paypal. And we have to inform people. And that's why we have come up with this project.

Thanks for your time

Hi, Bitnoa, so i think it a great proposal, but like said JZA oyou need to review some thing, or explain more, so it good that you will give bitcoin to student, but they will not spend it, what you will do next after this event ? to keep people into Dash to use it, so you can give them the Dash and they will buy something on internet with, so you now Africa is a poor country people dont play with money, me too am in a poor country it so difficult for someone to work for free here. so i think you need to make a review and your proposal will be good because we need Dash in our country.

Thanks for your feedback and I shall consider your point. I am bullish on Dash.

I'm from South Africa and see how cryptocurrencies can and will benefit the African market. In fact, because there is such a strong push for mobile payments on the continent I think that the crypto revolution will take place here rather than anywhere else.

I had a similar education based proposal where students could win dash for completing questions correctly. My suggestion would be that students can win Dash/Bitcoin based on answering questions about the currencies correctly. In that way you are educating people and they get the benefit of winning cash.

I'm from South Africa and see how cryptocurrencies can and will benefit the African market. In fact, because there is such a strong push for mobile payments on the continent I think that the crypto revolution will take place here rather than anywhere else.

I had a similar education based proposal where students could win dash for completing questions correctly. My suggestion would be that students can win Dash/Bitcoin based on answering questions about the currencies correctly. In that way you are educating people and they get the benefit of winning cash.
Thanks for your suggestion that i have included in the revised pre-proposal

The project will run for a period of 8 months.
You can split $12,500 on 4 parts, and make 4 proposals for 2 months each.
I'll explain - I don't want give you at once 12500$ because you actually don't need it at once, you need it for a period of 8 months.
And I don't want you to make one proposal with period of payment of 8 months because price of dash can change a lot.
But if you'll make one 2 month proposal for $3125 and after 2 months new one and update us there with results of previous part of proposal, then I can keep vote for next payment.

I'll explain - I don't want give you at once 12500$ because you actually don't need it at once, you need it for a period of 8 months.
And I don't want you to make one proposal with period of payment of 8 months because price of dash can change a lot.
But if you'll make one 2 month proposal for $3125 and after 2 months new one and update us there with results of previous part of proposal, then I can keep vote for next payment.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think you have a point as this will build trust. Taking into account that there are some costs paid one time for better prices like printed material and audiovisual equipment, I would rather split in two i.e. $7,000 for the first quarter and $5,500 for the final quarter as we intend to run the project over 6 months not 8. What do you think?

I wonder if besides replying to the comentators, have u made any adjustments to the original proposal, I still see a lot of things that could be worked better some of them are:
- break down into different proposals.
- create a more viable model to kickstart a community don't just give away dash
- some of this stuff is a bit too expensive, 5,000 dls on flyers and FB ads is a bit excesive IMO.

Also this seems to be more of business expenses, I dont think DASH should fund other business or NGO, I mean is good to help out but this seems to be the whole budget for the business/organization. You should get your own investors.

I think you should count on dash only for very targeted situations, like push the crypto-dash agenda, not to buy cameras because you are going to make a video. I would be perfectly ok if you record the video with your phone, and after you have a few up online, ask to get them improved with an SLR cammera. I think the project is well but the budget should be around 15 dash.

You said it yourself, Africa is a poor country, so services and infrastructure should be cheap. I also see a problem with over promising. Please always under promise/over deliver so you can get investors/masternode trust.

Last edited:

I wonder if besides replying to the comentators, have u made any adjustments to the original proposal, I still see a lot of things that could be worked better some of them are:
- break down into different proposals.
- create a more viable model to kickstart a community don't just give away dash
- some of this stuff is a bit too expensive, 5,000 dls on flyers and FB ads is a bit excesive IMO.

Also this seems to be more of business expenses, I dont think DASH should fund other business or NGO, I mean is good to help out but this seems to be the whole budget for the business/organization.

I think you should count on dash only for very targeted situations, like push the crypto-dash agenda, not to buy cameras because you are going to make a video. I would be perfectly ok if you record the video with your phone, and after you have a few up online, ask to get them improved with an SLR cammera. I think the project is well but the budget should be around 15 dash.

You said it yourself, Africa is a poor country, so services and infrastructure should be cheap. I also see a problem with over promising. Please always under promise/over deliver so you can get investors/masternode trust.

Hi

Thanks for your comments. If you read our pre-proposal again, you would realize that some changes meaning that we are improving our proposal with your contributions.

We are actually thinking of making this bi-monthly or quarterly project so that people can see how we are doing before trusting us with their vote on the next round.

Now on this item: 4. Flyers, posters, media ads via Facebook ads and other (educational material to be distributed during conferences and workshops and awareness campaigns via posters in Universities and facebook ads) $5000

We consider that what we shall do here will be kind of a pilot that we intend to replicate in a few other french speaking countries in Africa. English-speaking countries already have a better awareness.

Take for the cost of producing 50 000 flyers even at cfaf5 that's already $500 and we think we shall need 300,000 flyers to distribute all over the country, Posters are more expensive. We are thinking of running FB ads targeted to cameroonians with a secondary education. There are more than 500 000FB members in Cameroon. Just imagine, we have to target a 100,000 on a monthly basis. In addition, it cost money to rent rooms for workshops.

I have had a very instructive discussion with a MN owner this morning and I shall take action on his suggestions including yours except that your stated amount will not even cover the cost of a large conference here in Yaounde.

We shall further split the costs and rent audiovisual equipment initially. I have already conducted such projects as founder and CEO of Sanaga Technologies educating companies on NComputing technology, as an official of Junior Chamber International Cameroon and other associations.. I was educated in Finance working as a financial consultant. I have been trading markets since 2004 when I was trading in options at the then LIFFE in London. Therefore, I am not the type of guy for whom $12,500 represent a very important account.

I really think that Dash can help africans to join the financial loop in particular when Evolution is implemented. It gonna be paypal without its restrictions. We in Africa can send money through Paypal but we cannot receive money through them. Sending money through western union or Moneygram is expensive. Dash can help us in that regard moving faster than bitcoin. Africans can use Dash for payments purpose to move money safely and quicker around the continent and the world. We shall have Dash/btc and Dash/USD included in pairs available in our exchange to be launched by end of this year or early next year. With that project, we want to build an ecosystem to support Dash in the continent and that will good for the Dash community. The future of cryptocurrencies in general and Dash in particular is in Africa believe it or not. We are actually leading the world in google statistics for the search term bitcoin and soon for the search term "Dash".

Total $12,500 or 208 Dash one time at average price of $60/Dash
I am still seen this on your proposal. If it was true that you are making changes, this shouldnt say one time and $12,500. If you think of making it bi-monthly this would have change to something like, 3125.0 for two months or something like that.

Also the most important part, you haven't really come up with a self-sustainable way to get people to use DASH, giving it away is not a good approach. Also if you think DASH is so transformative, how come you will spend it as FIAT. Is not like you will be spending them as DASH, so consider actually thinking on ways you can make those renting, purchasing etc in DASH.

I was educated in Finance working as a financial consultant. I have been trading markets since 2004 when I was trading in options at the then LIFFE in London. Therefore, I am not the type of guy for whom $12,500 represent a very important account.
Then you should be able to get investors to put half of that budget easily. correct? Well, give them a call and lower the funds proposal.

I am still seen this on your proposal. If it was true that you are making changes, this shouldnt say one time and $12,500. If you think of making it bi-monthly this would have change to something like, 3125.0 for two months or something like that.

Also the most important part, you haven't really come up with a self-sustainable way to get people to use DASH, giving it away is not a good approach. Also if you think DASH is so transformative, how come you will spend it as FIAT. Is not like you will be spending them as DASH, so consider actually thinking on ways you can make those renting, purchasing etc in DASH.

Then you should be able to get investors to put half of that budget easily. correct? Well, give them a call and lower the funds proposal.

We are still working on that. Yet there are other changes already there like not giving Dash away, it will be as a result of contests and quizzes. Like I have said , Dash is still new across Africa and only a few privileged know about it and understand the potential and those are the people that will spearhead the campaign of Dash. If you want to effect a payment now, you have to do it in local currency not even in dollars. Even in Europe and the USA, it took time to have the kind of awareness we have now that has improved adoption. We need to work to improve user adoption here. And that's one of the problems we want to solve by allowing people to use common alternative payment methods not just bank transfer nor visa/matercard. We have to be creative here and all facilities are in place, we just have to use them. As far as I am concerned I accept payments in bitcoin and dash for my cryptocurrency training product here www.miracledubitcoin.com

Bear with me changes on amounts will appear later in the week.

In addition, this is a pre-proposal which purpose is to get contributions from the community. Once completed, we shall move ato a full proposal and pay the 5 dash fee. Again, I want to thank all those who have read our pre-proposal and made some suggestions.

In addition, this is a pre-proposal which purpose is to get contributions from the community. Once completed, we shall move ato a full proposal and pay the 5 dash fee. Again, I want to thank all those who have read our pre-proposal and made some suggestions.
Right but doesnt make more sense to modify the original preproposal, click the edit button and modify the terms, otherwise people wont know if those terms are already outdated. And first time visitors won't know what has been agreed or thrown out. I for once encourage you to do modifications as soon as you see fit, so people get the updated picture of the proposal.

What ever happened to this proposal, it went dormant? Will it be launched this month? Was there any new way to format the DASH economy scheme?

What ever happened to this proposal, it went dormant? Will it be launched this month? Was there any new way to format the DASH economy scheme?

Hi, we are still working on the proposal. Recently we did some changes and expect to modify again. We are out for a video to be released soon on youtube. keep posted.

Back