• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Calculating the hashrate of darkcoin

acidburn

Does anyone know a reliable way of calculating DRKS network hashrate? Or does the wallet expose this information?

brilliant, thank you :) I'll give this a whirl.

I'm guessing there's no event to subscribe to within the wallet to obtain notifications when this updates?

If it doesn't work, just type help into the console and look for the other command that has the word mining in it! I think there are two....one shows local hashrate and the other the network hashrate. As you can probably tell, I'm on a work PC and have no access to a console!

The network hashrate would change so regularly that I can't think of a way that you could monitor it easily without finding a way to set thresholds i.e "notify me if hashrate increases by 10%". I doubt you'd end up using the wallet to do it either.

getmininginfo
{
"blocks" : 186575,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 3532.67429150,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 3,
"hashespersec" : 71253, ==> when you mine with setgenerate true 3 with your wallet
"networkhashps" : 92812690831, ==> 92,8GHs
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

getmininginfo
{
"blocks" : 186575,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 3532.67429150,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 3,
"hashespersec" : 71253, ==> when you mine with setgenerate true 3 with your wallet
"networkhashps" : 92812690831, ==> 92,8GHs

"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

The only thing is the setgenerate value--depends on the cores your cpu has. If you set it to 1, it uses 1 core, 2, 2 cores, etc, etc. -1 maxes out all available cores.

Thanks splawik, maybe my day job isn't ruining my memory after all!
indeed thought about you to have less on mind to do after you come back home ;)
The only thing is the setgenerate value--depends on the cores your cpu has. If you set it to 1, it uses 1 core, 2, 2 cores, etc, etc. -1 maxes out all available cores.
yes, true, i use all cores - 1 :)

This is indeed how it is supposed to function but on my i7 it always seems to use all cores but 1 uses all cores at 25%, 2 uses all cores at 50%, 3 uses all cores at 75% and 4 which uses all cores at 100%.

I don't know whether this is something particular to my PC architecture, chipset, drivers or whatever but its definitely a bit odd.

Back