• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Buyout Dashcoin

Should Dash buyout Dashcoin?

• Total voters

bluebit

We have a 4 letter symbol, DASH, it's great but most exchanges use 3 letter symbols. Bitfinex still has DRK on it's beta page, they love using a 3 letter code. Dashcoin has DSH. I say we buy them out, and use that symbol. It would also get rid of any confusion for new people that see Dashcoin on the exchanges and wonder if they buying the correct coin or maybe they already bought Dashcoin and wanted to buy Dash.

Vote on the Poll to voice your opinion.

Payoff the trolls? No way.

QpKS7qo.jpg

Do we even need to buy them out?

We could just say that our 3-letter symbol is DSH and let the exchanges go with it. Sure it coincides with Dashcoin but so what.

Only Poloniex would have a conflict, but there is no Dashcoin volume there anyway, they'll probably get delisted soon.

I don't think it would work:

From who would Dashcoin be bought? Would it be like offering X DASH in exchange for Y DSH sent to a burning address? I am affraid the trolls would not "burn" their DSH, and will continue to troll DASH... (It could possibly work if we were able to "negociate" with exchanges to unlist DSH, but new exchanges could start listing it, in order to troll or to ask for some ransom negotiation).

I also don't think it would be a good idea to simply adopt DSH ticker, because it could create confusion for (distracted) buyers...

:/ no easy solution, as it seems... it's better to stick to DASH ticker buy now, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry but I agree
this will not work
even if there is one DSH guy left (and he is a monero dude propably as they took this over as much as they could) we will never get a clean slate with that
best to let this be and move on as we already are

Calling it trollcoin will not make things better. And we kinda missed any chance of action long time ago. Check its hashrate chart at chainradar (sorry, I cannot post direct link).

What can we do to minimize potential damage? Should we really care about it?

Calling it trollcoin will not make things better. And we kinda missed any chance of action long time ago. Check its hashrate chart at chainradar (sorry, I cannot post direct link).

What can we do to minimize potential damage? Should we really care about it?

do not worry about it
the more attention you/we give them , the better for them
the coin has been taken over by some monerero guys, trying to throw some bricks in our way , same old story , nothing to worry about and best to ignore

Back