• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal - Vendor-Experience UPDATED

He's looking at you like that because you can't read english.

He never said it was because of him, he said it has 75% EXTRA funding now that the price is hiked.

and what happens if Bitcoin gets suddenly so high a lot of masternodes decide to cash out and Dash's price drops ?
We put in another budget proposal to catch the lower price ?

Don't forget guys that you can still downvote this proposal. Camosoul seems to be jubilant right now spamming with new threads, being his own repulsive self, showing he doesn't give a rat`s ass about this community or the money that's gonna be invested.

Camo was surprised to find out (in another thread) there won't be enough money in the current budget to include this proposal. He pretends to be so knowledgeable and yet he was totally oblivious to such an important detail. So much for expecting a professional execution on this project,

Last edited by a moderator:
He's looking at you like that because you can't read english.

He never said it was because of him, he said it has 75% EXTRA funding now that the price is hiked.

I'm refering to this: "They're getting way more than they need, thanks to us".

Why?

I'm refering to this: "They're getting way more than they need, thanks to us".

Why?

You still aren't reading.

Because of us means we helped the price rise. Because the publicity from the soda machine etc. (obviously he's not taking credit for the entire rise, but a portion of it is because of the soda machine.)

Don't forget guys that you can still downvote this proposal. Camosoul seems to be jubilant right now spamming with new threads, being his own repulsive self, showing he doesn't give a rats ass about this community or the money that's gonna be invested.

Camo was surprised to find out (in another thread) there won't be enough money in the current budget to include this proposal. He pretents to be so knowledgeable and yet he was totally oblivious to such an important detail.So much for expecting a professional execution on this project,

And you seem intent on hunting him down and trolling him, maybe you should cool it a bit and let the man stop feeling so ganged up on?

and what happens if Bitcoin gets suddenly so high a lot of masternodes decide to cash out and Dash's price drops ?
We put in another budget proposal to catch the lower price ?

unworkeable, Dash / Bitcoin is very volatile especially in this early stage.

So we should have a bloated/broken budget in that case? We should be wasting funds?

How about this. The Lamassu Integration proposal had a set amount that it needed, and because the money was really big, it was spread out over a period of time.

Now that it's going to get 75% more than it needed, why isn't it being re-evaluated?

It's NOT an ongoing project. It had a set amount, and now it's getting massively overpaid, and the schedule isn't being revised, or the payouts... Just gonna sit there and suck up way more money than it needs. We're taking flack while it sits there quietly pork barreling...

It's duration could be reduced by 75%, or it's payout amount could be reduced by 75%... They're getting way more than they need, thanks to us, who have been kicked out of our own success for some silly bullshit that doesn't even matter...
The proposal owner takes the risk that comes with dash appreciation or depreciation. What if he already locked the dash value in USD with contracts?

And you seem intent on hunting him down and trolling him, maybe you should cool it a bit and let the man stop feeling so ganged up on?

I had a long chat with Camo yesterday on Slack where I was saying to not drop the proposal and keep on with it because it was a great project.

And I already said I think the Soda machine was some of the best marketing Dash has done.

I am just asking questions - the kind of questions anyone in business would ask.

I had a long chat with Camo yesterday on Slack where I was saying to not drop the proposal and keep on with it because it was a great project.

And I already said I think the Soda machine was some of the best marketing Dash has done.

I am just asking questions - the kind of questions anyone in business would ask.

Can you read sir? That was directed at InTheWoods.

Losers gonna lose. I've made my choice. 31ft Southern Cross. Tiller, cutter rig. Already got this handy Yamaha and a GPS, way more survival skills than a man on a boat can use...

Camo was surprised to find out (in another thread) there won't be enough money in the current budget to include this proposal. He pretends to be so knowledgeable and yet he was totally oblivious to such an important detail. So much for expecting a professional execution on this project,

I just want to be clear on what happened here. When the Vender-Experience was submitted there was open funds available. Evan's Roundtable proposal for about the same amount was submitted shortly after that created the competitive situation.

As for the question about making as much of this open source as possible? It means just that. We can't control everything we connect to or who can actually do the programming. The intent is to have 100% open source, but real life happens. We will connect to vendors systems that are proprietary. And specifically, that involves inventory systems that I doubt merchants are going to share.

I just want to be clear on what happened here. When the Vender-Experience was submitted there was open funds available. Evan's Roundtable proposal for about the same amount was submitted shortly after that created the competitive situation.

As for the question about making as much of this open source as possible? It means just that. We can't control everything we connect to or who can actually do the programming. The intent is to have 100% open source, but real life happens. We will connect to vendors systems that are proprietary. And specifically, that involves inventory systems that I doubt merchants are going to share.

OK thanks for clarifying.

My interpratation of that statement then is that you will release all of the works you create under an open source license unless they are derived from works restricted by a preexisting proprietary licenses for the purpose of vendor integration.

The reason I asked is because if every proposal with IP creation in future has an open ended statement like in the proposal then eventually we will get problems like someone saying after 6 months e.g. 'well Dash price has gone down so it's not possible to open source everything because we need to cover our costs' - I mean there is no legal protection wheras if a statement is made on IP ownership / assignment in the proposal text then that protects the network because it has a claim based on breach of (at least) implied contract if it was an important area that we didn't want to go wrong (with the implied contract evidenced by the proposal text and blockchain transaction for the funding).

I obviously don't think this applies to you or this project, i'm talking generally - but it doesn't matter what I think because it can apply to anyone involved (even husbands and wifes) and any lawyer or company director would say the same I guess.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying. I hope the proposal goes ahead and if it doesn't I hope you do another one because i'm excited to see the tech you are describing in action and it's also exciting to see DGBB start to get used too.

Thanks

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back