• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal - Vendor-Experience UPDATED

Solarminer can you clarify what this means: "The software will be open source as much as possible"

In what circumstances would it not be possible to open source the software?

What I mean is, who owns the code, you or the Dash network, or what license will you release under?
I know I'm not Solarminer, so I hope he'll answer, but I believe this means that if they integrate with proprietary software, they may not be able to open source that part. As an example, 7-11s may all use a proprietary software to keep their inventory and we want to integrate with it in some way. This partnership may preclude being open sourced. That's just an example off my head, not necessarily what will happen, but that's why they're saying "as much as possible" because even they have no idea what they'll create.

But obviously, if they had the opportunity to work alongside a huge franchise like 7-11 or McDonnalds, etc... It would be more than worth the effort :)

In these tough times who could resist a full monty?
laptop_kit.jpg

I know I'm not Solarminer, so I hope he'll answer, but I believe this means that if they integrate with proprietary software, they may not be able to open source that part. As an example, 7-11s may all use a proprietary software to keep their inventory and we want to integrate with it in some way. This partnership may preclude being open sourced. That's just an example off my head, not necessarily what will happen, but that's why they're saying "as much as possible" because even they have no idea what they'll create.

But obviously, if they had the opportunity to work alongside a huge franchise like 7-11 or McDonnalds, etc... It would be more than worth the effort :)
The fact that this is even questioned demonstrates how detached from reality people are. If we stop to feed these details, we'll never get anything done...

It's bad enough to be obsessed with throwing stones at ever dog that barks. But when the people who are supposedly on the same team as you, keep throwing stones AND barking at the same time... It's a bit much. It's why we didn't put a ton of details in the first revision.

It's not an insult. But, if you're clueless, please realize that you're clueless. The whole point of this is to hire people who can handle and do what you don't understand and can't do. If you could understand and do this stuff, you wouldn't need someone else to do it for you, eh?

moocowmoo doesn't like me very much right now, but I still recognize that he's the first person I ever worked with that didn't need his hand held and to be micromanaged. It's fuckin' awesome to just stand back and let him do his thing! Work doesn't grind to a halt just because we disagree about something. Who needs me? I'll be on my boat! Awesome!

Can't you guys do the same?

This bizarre "not sure if we should breathe water or air" hangup has already monkey-wrenched a lot. Realize that a lot of eyeballs were watching this, and the moment they saw a management system that couldn't make such an obvious choice, many of them walked away. Why do you think I'm pissed off? You guys fucked yourselves and made me look lik a fool for putting faith in you at all. And now you want to kill the messenger?

It's salvage-able, but we could have hit the ground running... Now, we have months of cleanup before we can even get on with what could have been happening already... If my own team is going to fuck me like that, do I even care? Where's my boat...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to jump in but as I see it sometimes changes to proprietary code could be needed for the integration and those changes cannot be open sourced.

Sure, but it doesn't say that, it's open ended. If Evan said to me 'from now on with Dash we will only open source as much as possible' I would be asking the same question. It seems like a lot of people are in the 'warm fuzzy' period where they are not thinking clearly - i think there is great potential in this as
The fact that this is even questioned demonstrates how detached from reality people are. If we stop to feed these details, we'll never get anything done...

It's bad enough to be obsessed with throwing stones at ever dog that barks. But when the people who are supposedly on the same team as you, keep throwing stones AND barking at the same time... It's a bit much. It's why we didn't put a ton of details in the first revision.

It's not an insult. But, if you're clueless, please realize that you're clueless. The whole point of this is to hire people who can handle and do what you don't understand and can't do. If you could understand and do this stuff, you wouldn't need someone else to do it for you, eh?

moocowmoo doesn't like me very much right now, but I still recognize that he's the first person I ever worked with that didn't need his hand held and to be micromanaged. It's fuckin' awesome to just stand back and let him do his thing! Work doesn't grind to a halt just because we disagree about something. Who needs me? I'll be on my boat! Awesome!

Can't you guys do the same?

This bizarre "not sure if we should breathe water or air" hangup has already monkey-wrenched a lot. Realize that a lot of eyeballs were watching this, and the moment they saw a management system that couldn't make such an obvious choice, many of them walked away. Why do you think I'm pissed off? You guys fucked yourselves and made me look lik a fool for putting faith in you at all. And now you want to kill the messenger?

It's salvage-able, but we could have hit the ground running... Now, we have months of cleanup before we can even get on with what could have been happening already... If my own team is going to fuck me like that, do I even care? Where's my boat...

It's actually a real obvious question and anyone with basic experience in IP law would pick this open ended statement out and just ask for a simple clarification.

Not sure why you are firing ad-hominems because I asked it especially with all the support I have voiced to you yesterday too.

Hopefully Solarminer can answer

Hopefully Solarminer can answer
I've never applied for a job that expected me to work really hard and then quit without getting paid. Have fun with your cereal-box-top lawyers, since there's no contract here and no lawyer would ever advise a person to agree to such a deal in the first place...

I've never applied for a job that expected me to work really hard and then quit without getting paid. Have fun with your cereal-box-top lawyers, since there's no contract here and no lawyer would ever advise a person to agree to such a deal in the first place...

It's just a simple question Camosoul. If Evan said from now "Dash will be open source as much as possible" I would ask him for a clarification too.

It's just a simple question Camosoul. If Evan said from now "Dash will be open source as much as possible" I would ask him for a clarification too.
Such a simple question that it answers itself if you just think about it for 20 seconds... I don't have a problem answering it, it's just that if I am answering it, I'm not doing useful things. I'm sitting here answering questions that easily answer themselves. Is that something you really want to pay for? Me to sit here constantly stroking your hair, comforting you with every question that a clueless person might manage to come up with? Or doing work, useful things? It's a moot point because I'm not doing that.

Such a simple question that it answers itself if you just think about it for 20 seconds... I don't have a problem answering it, it's just that if I am answering it, I'm not doing useful things. I'm sitting here answering questions that easily answer themselves. Is that something you really want to pay for? Me to sit here constantly stroking your hair, comforting you with every question that a clueless person might manage to come up with? Or doing work, useful things? It's a moot point because I'm not doing that.

But i'm not a clueless person Camosoul. I have a lot of experience with IP issues and I just asked a simple question. If the question answered itself, I wouldn't be asking it.

But i'm not a clueless person Camosoul. I have a lot of experience with IP issues and I just asked a simple question. If the question answered itself, I wouldn't be asking it.
There's a question that precludes it.

Why would I enter into such a contract that has no penalty clause for the other party simply giving me the finger at any time? What does your experience say about that?

Camosouls point is anyone can spout out expectations and questions all day long, and if we sat around all day answering them, nothing would ever get done. SO at some point a line needs to be drawn.

How about this. The Lamassu Integration proposal had a set amount that it needed, and because the money was really big, it was spread out over a period of time.

Now that it's going to get 75% more than it needed, why isn't it being re-evaluated?

It's NOT an ongoing project. It had a set amount, and now it's getting massively overpaid, and the schedule isn't being revised, or the payouts... Just gonna sit there and suck up way more money than it needs. We're taking flack while it sits there quietly pork barreling...

It's duration could be reduced by 75%, or it's payout amount could be reduced by 75%... They're getting way more than they need, thanks to us, who have been kicked out of our own success for some silly bullshit that doesn't even matter...

This team is giving me good vibes for the coming season. Drama is good for the soul.
3425_00b1_500.jpeg

After all, these guys have taken the "Buy me a coffee" button to the next level. The creators of the Institute of Cryptobureaucracy and brmBar did not go so far as the InstantX soda machine. BTW, some things frogger said reminded me of this interesting interview:

25 Years of Hardware Manufacturing in Plovdiv

Transparency, gentlemen, transparency.

It seems like a lot of people are in the 'warm fuzzy' period where they are not thinking clearly

Oh I agree with you 100% on this subject. Clearly wasting brain power on useless details instead of focusing on the big picture. Kind of disappointing...

How about this. The Lamassu Integration proposal had a set amount that it needed over a period of time. Now that it's going to get 75% more than it needed, why isn't it being re-evaluated? It's NOT an ongoing project. It's duration could be reduced by 75%, or it's payout amount could be reduced by 75%... They're getting way more than they need, thanks to us, who have been kicked out of our own success for some silly bullshit that doesn't even matter...

Sorry can you explain, why is Lamassu getting 75% more because of you?

A pointed question that has already been answered several times is not a pointed question. It's an obtuse speaker. Who is trolling.

How about this. The Lamassu Integration proposal had a set amount that it needed, and because the money was really big, it was spread out over a period of time.

Now that it's going to get 75% more than it needed, why isn't it being re-evaluated?

It's NOT an ongoing project. It had a set amount, and now it's getting massively overpaid, and the schedule isn't being revised, or the payouts... Just gonna sit there and suck up way more money than it needs. We're taking flack while it sits there quietly pork barreling...

It's duration could be reduced by 75%, or it's payout amount could be reduced by 75%... They're getting way more than they need, thanks to us, who have been kicked out of our own success for some silly bullshit that doesn't even matter...

THIS.

With the speed of price hikes these days, the budgets should be resubmitted monthly.

If MN owners can't vote 1 time per month, they aren't very good MN owners now are they?

Back