• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal - Vendor-Experience UPDATED

Here's a quick cute marketing idea in the same vein.

"Dine and Dash" a/k/a "eat and run" is about as old as the hills as it can get. Ordering food, eating it, getting up and sprinting out of the restaurant.

In this case:

"Dine n Dash" where half the idea is true, eat and run but pay for it. Start small and low e.g.:

hot dog vendors
food carts
food trucks

Where busy people on the go, order their food, swipe their smart phone, and go. No fiddling around with dollar notes and coins, no waiting around for change to be handed back. Similar to say 'tap and go' on a credit card, or if the mechanisim for the vending machine is the way to go. Actually that brings up an idea: chipped plastic reloadable DASH filled card which you can use as a 'tap and go' or 'dine and dash'.

The key point is that surely someone out there knows of someone who owns or operates hot dog vendors, food carts or food trucks before attempting the bigger idea of supermarkets and proper resturants? Hell even if someone here or out there owns a resturant or bar, the trick is to implement it, advertize it so that it gets out there and build from that.

a) get it implemented somewhere anywhere now
b) register or trademark it thereafter

grow from there.

Big bag holder here, non forum(s) participant anywhere, just feel its need to chime in. No question the techonology and development from the outset to date is first class, what is lacking and always has been, is the marketing and actual usage ideas. This vending machine is fantastic but it is the first time someone has come up with something in all this time. It really shouldn't have taken so long for someone to come up with something. Just don't get clogged down in the minutiae.

Foundation needs to hire a go-getter, a sales man, someone who can get on their bike and make it happen. There are a ton of ideas and real world applications. For the vending machines find out who is a technology savvy bottler of any one of these new modern age drinks. JV with them to make these vending machines, replace UPC codes with DASH QRT codes and stick a few anywhere that they can be seen.

For the big picture of stores, supermarkets and resturants other I suspect you will have to build your own backend to convert in real time DASH to FIAT to make it of interest to them. Look at Coinkite and their POS terminals and set up for that perhaps. Create and inventive for the vendors, a discount or bulk rate or even some donation to their favorite cause. For the customer, using it all, the quickness or to DASH in and out is already there. There is nothing worse than standing in a line in a grocery store waiting to pay for anything, getting the bill at a reasturant and waiting for the terminal to connect print out and be given to you.

Speed is of the essence in today's workd. Time is money.

Thats all.

:)

Thanks.
Great minds think alike! I have the infrastructure to make this happen! I put a pre proposal up Dine and Dash check it out.

I see this proposal is going to be eating Amazons lunch! Killing Amazon Go's originality by allowing auto pay for Dash users. That would be killer!

I'm glad to see you will be open sourcing as much as possible. That is a very key component to the proposal. Although you are modifying current machines, would it be easy for someone to copy the work you did and implement it into their machines? Given there are many different types of machines out there, with many different features would it be easier for it to be adopted if it was built from the ground up?

To also comment on a question in the FAQ about how the budget is getting tight, if there is more money voted yes by the masternodes than we have, the budget will go to the proposals that have received the most yes votes ratio from what I understand. So it doesn't matter at all.

Necro much? The OP has abandoned the DASH project, and I don't blame him.

You can get stabbed in the back only so many times before you quit.

I see this proposal is going to be eating Amazons lunch! Killing Amazon Go's originality by allowing auto pay for Dash users. That would be killer!

I'm glad to see you will be open sourcing as much as possible. That is a very key component to the proposal. Although you are modifying current machines, would it be easy for someone to copy the work you did and implement it into their machines? Given there are many different types of machines out there, with many different features would it be easier for it to be adopted if it was built from the ground up?

To also comment on a question in the FAQ about how the budget is getting tight, if there is more money voted yes by the masternodes than we have, the budget will go to the proposals that have received the most yes votes ratio from what I understand. So it doesn't matter at all.

Just to correct all the misconceptions. The proposal on this thread is a year and a half old and is no longer active. Start a new thread if you want to put ATMs in restaurants or replace Amazon business. This was only about in person purchases, yeah, vending machines, never ATMs or online purchases.

Anyway, like @camosoul said,I am putting my time in on other things these days.

Back