• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal : Promotion / Reimbursement / Core Team

First of all, I am very excited to officially be a part of the Dash community now :) In regards to OTC exchanges, within the last weeks, others have brought this idea to me...

Hello Everyone,
Off Exchange Trading - OTC

For some budget expenses, it will be required that we exchange Dash for fiat, because of pre-existing requirements for how we pay certain expenses. To protect the markets from excessive volatility we would like to create an OTC market for Dash. If we were to use an exchange like cryptsy to sell the Dash, we would create excessive volatility, from both of the buyers and sellers. To avoid this, we would like to start managing a list of buyers then arrange direct trades. This helps us by lowering the downward pressure on the coin and it will help buyers that would like large amounts of Dash without having to buy it from the ask side of the order book where there is often little available to purchase.

I will have the proposal listed soon. I look forward to having the opportunity to present a case to help solve this problem.

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/dash-adoption-tools2

I did get to posting this proposal! Not only will this proposal give Dash a friction-free OTC market, but also live phone support and live chat support for Dash newcomers (and crypto newcomers), an API that will help Dash app developers build a revenue base to support their development, and if we don't use all of the budget, we'll use it to continue developing to integrate into other Dash applications :) I greatly look forward to the opportunity to serve the Dash community and help the ecosystem grow!

I think the operative term was "working."

This wallet crashes every time I try to IX, and will never load again until it is uninstalled/re-installed, which, of course, deletes the wallet... And is the only reason why it works again.

If I shut off all networking, it'll stop instacrashing post IX attempt. But that's kinda useless. As soon as networking is enabled, crash. Using IX in this wallet is a great way to be forced to delete your coins.

I think the operative term was "working."

This wallet crashes every time I try to IX, and will never load again until it is uninstalled/re-installed, which, of course, deletes the wallet... And is the only reason why it works again.

If I shut off all networking, it'll stop instacrashing post IX attempt. But that's kinda useless. As soon as networking is enabled, crash. Using IX in this wallet is a great way to be forced to delete your coins.

This particular error has been reported by some, but I haven't been able to reproduce it in my testing. For me on several devices the Dash Wallet app doesn't crash when sending IX.

There is an unreleased update that has other fixes and this problem may have been fixed as well: https://github.com/HashEngineering/dash-wallet/releases/tag/v4.65.12A

In the mean time the solution is to turn off Networking or Wifi, then reset the blockchain, then turn back on Networking or Wifi. This will clear the stuck transaction that is crashing the app everytime it starts.

Back