• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal: Get Dashie to endorse/accept Dash

fulltimegeek

Foundation Member
OK, first off, I'm not sure how I didn't think of this before!! This idea JUST came to my mind not too long ago as I went out for lunch here at work. So get this, my first cousin, who is HUGE IN YOUTUBE, goes by the name, get this, Dashie. Yes, DASHie. How about that for serendipity! Here is a quick break down of his youtube channels:

DashieGames -- 1,955,366 Subscribers
DashieXP -- 1,488,642 Subscribers

His demographic is definitely not other crypto nerds but instead adolescents/teenagers/young adults which, to me, is a fantastic market for us to reach out to.

I was hoping to create a proposal of 25/50/100+? Dash which then would be given directly to Dashie for bringing attention to DASH on his channel. I know my cousin is very ambitious and creative, as his number of subsribers show, so I'm sure that the more he receives as incentivization the more time and effort he will put into marketing Dash for us. Maybe I can talk to him and have him do some sort of competition/lottery with his viewers so he can give half of his Dash to the winner and the other half he keeps for himself? Or, we can have him create some funny skit for Dash as he does for all his videos. But, of course he would need to be properly incentivized, I would assume. I have yet to get him on the phone and discuss this with him but I don't see why he wouldn't participate. This idea is brand new in my head so I'm sorry for not polishing this post. I'm just trying to gauge the support this proposal would have if I created it before I reach out to my cousin.

So what does the Dash community think of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, only had a look at a couple of minutes of one of his clips and if he likes what Dash does then yeah... hell yeah :)

Lol, yes, he's quite a character. I couldn't even wait 5 minutes after posting this to reach out to him. If I don't get a reply back from the email I sent him, I'll make sure to give him a call once I get home from work. Community backed or not.

I'm already chatting with my cousin via email and just sent him the proposition. Waiting now to see what he says. I also sent him the link to this thread.

OK, first off, I'm not sure how I didn't think of this before!! This idea JUST came to my mind not too long ago as I went out for lunch here at work. So get this, my first cousin, who is HUGE IN YOUTUBE, goes by the name, get this, Dashie. Yes, DASHie. How about that for serendipity! Here is a quick break down of his youtube channels:

DashieGames -- 1,955,366 Subscribers
DashieXP -- 1,488,642 Subscribers

His demographic is definitely not other crypto nerds but instead adolescents/teenagers/young adults which, to me, is a fantastic market for us to reach out to.

I was hoping to create a proposal of 25/50/100+? Dash which then would be given directly to Dashie for bringing attention to DASH on his channel. I know my cousin is very ambitious and creative, as his number of subsribers show, so I'm sure that the more he receives as incentivization the more time and effort he will put into marketing Dash for us. Maybe I can talk to him and have him do some sort of competition/lottery with his viewers so he can give half of his Dash to the winner and the other half he keeps for himself? Or, we can have him create some funny skit for Dash as he does for all his videos. But, of course he would need to be properly incentivized, I would assume. I have yet to get him on the phone and discuss this with him but I don't see why he wouldn't participate. This idea is brand new in my head so I'm sorry for not polishing this post. I'm just trying to gauge the support this proposal would have if I created it before I reach out to my cousin.

So what does the Dash community think of this?

That's great! But I think we should keep it later until our technology easy enough for teenagers to try.

Bad news guys! His reply:

"Thanks for bringing this to my attention never even heard of "Dash" before. With that being said this type of thing isn't for me but again thank you for thinking of me. And I hope this works out great for you which I'm sure it will! If you ever wanna just chat cousin to cousin sometime soon let me know! Take care!"

I think my first email scared him away with all the tech stuff. I don't blame him, since he is definitely not a tech guy nor do I think he's ever heard of "cryptocurrencies" before. Plus, I'm sure he already has a cushy monthly revenue from his ads coming in from YouTube, so 25-50 Dash doesn't really incentivize him (especially if he has never heard of Dash). But, I have planted the seed and that's the most I can do. At least he is now aware of Dash and hopefully starts to research cryptocurrencies .... hopefully.

He knows it can be used for hookers and blow? Sorry, I watched the GTAV clips ;) Would he add a tip address? With so many following that alone would be a boost

@fulltimegeek

Perhaps you should have mentioned the $ equivalent of that money.Could have been easy money for him for a quick youtube shout-out.

I did. I'll post my first email to him below:

Ok, I'm not sure how complicated or simple I should make this. But, let me try to sum up the proposition in one sentence first. The proposition is the following:

"Will you accept donations and/or publicly endorse the digital currency that goes by the name of Dash (Digital Cash)?" I'm not sure how familiar you are with digital money, aka cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin and so on .... but it is REAL MONEY that you can keep in digital format or convert it to $$$. Also, Dash is by far the BEST and most UNDERVALUED currency in the marketplace. Finally, your name is DASHie!! How perfect is that!

I got this idea like 20 minutes ago and posted it immediately in the Dash community forums to garner some support. As compensation for your time and effort, you will receive Dash as payment. As of right now, 1 DASH = $2.50.

For reference, here is my post in the forum: https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-proposal-get-dashie-to-endorse-accept-dash.6875/

For reference, here is a video that does a quick overview of what Dash is:

So, when you have time, can you send me an itemized list of what you can do for how much? Such as:
  1. I will tell my viewers I accept Dash if I'm incentivized with 25 Dash
  2. I will create a funny 2 minute skit that involves Dash if I'm incentivized with 50 Dash .... and so on.
I will pass on your information to the community and try to get this idea added to our monthly budget proposals. This way, if the community agrees with the submitted proposal, you are guaranteed to get paid. The Dash currency as a total of $14 million net worth. You can see it listed here: http://coinmarketcap.com/

After I got the reply from him saying he wasn't interested, I then asked him if he has at least heard of bitcoin before I sent him that email. And he replied:

"Yeah I'm familiar with bitcoin but it's just not something I want to do now I guess I just have no interest in that."​

Typical teenage behavior. I guess he's never heard of doing a good deed before, or learning about something new. God forbid we learn about anything new. Knowledge is the devil.

It's very aggravating indeed. Especially since he's family and quickly dismissed the idea. But him and I do live in completely separate worlds. So, what may interest me may not interest him.

It was a great idea though. Could inspire others.

Perhaps a more dumb down approach is necessary when approaching certain people. In this case, for example, perhaps something like "Yo bro I have dis shit I wanna push. I'll buy you *insert your new game of choice* if you just mention it to your peeps dog."

Guy probably advertises bunch of brands in exchange for cash. I've seen him advertising Evian water in some video. I don't think he gives a shit about Evian water either.

Most youtubers don't do promos especially not for companies/products that they don't already use. If you want him to do a promo, best to get him into the Dash community first. If I were the owner of a youtube channel that popular I think I would be just as skeptical and would not want to associate myself with a product that I don't even understand. What if it turns out to be a ponzi? You'd have to offer me quite a lot of money to do it, to the point where it definitely wouldn't be worth it for the advertiser.

Back