• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

BUDGET PROPOSAL - DashWisdom

Would you support a proposal to setup a DashWisdom site?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TaoOfSatoshi

One thing that I've seen come up a lot here and on BCT is the fact that Bitcoinwisdom is not being updated and simply seems to have abandoned Dash (I know there is still a link to Cryptsy but we are no longer on the home page). In addition, there are many exchanges that trade Dash, that do not show up on the site.

As Dash grows, I believe that having a BitcoinWisdom type site for Dash would be beneficial. We could add new exchanges as they come up and provide comprehensive Dash information for traders, such as the info that is provided on that site.

So, as this is simply a discussion thread, I will pose the following questions.

Would you like to see a DashWisdom site created?

Would you use such a site?

How much Dash would we need to pay a qualified dev to set it up?

Are there any qualified Devs in the community or do we have to reach outside?

How much would this dev need per month to maintain the site through exchange updates?

Thanks for your input into this proposal.

Tao

Last edited by a moderator:
Benefits:
- Incentive for exchanges to accept Dash trading and be listed.
- Resource for traders, which would be Dash-centric, with comprehensive information.
- Increased visibility for Dash.

Budget estimates (setup):

Budget estimates (ongoing):

Qualified Developers:

I like the idea.
I think it's really a great opportunity to create more visibility to DASH decentralised funding by creating this site not only for DASH but to other coins too.
"brought by DASH decentralised funding"

Yes, that's true. Other coins can be listed there as well.

That is a good point about the publicity that a community-funded site would bring, I didn't consider that.

"bitcoinwisdom" is not about bitcoin - it is basically about all altcoins... So it is for altcoin traders - right?

Why Dash should make (finance) a copy of this site for traders (so to promote all other altcoins, not DASH itself)?

Do we know the reason why they excluded DASH? Maybe just better communication is needed instead of creating competing site? Is "bitcoinwisdom" really so popular we should care about it?

"bitcoinwisdom" is not about bitcoin - it is basically about all altcoins... So it is for altcoin traders - right?

Why Dash should make (finance) a copy of this site for traders (so to promote all other altcoins, not DASH itself)?

Do we know the reason they exclude DASH? Maybe just better communication is needed instead of creating competing site? Is "bitcoinwisdom" really so popular we should care about them?
Yes, Bitcoin is the primary focus of that site. They have comprehensive information about Bitcoin such as difficulty, mining info, many different exchanges listed with different national currencies.

There is support for alts, but not nearly as much as the focus on BTC.

It IS popular! It really is a well done site with lots of hits each day. If we could create a Dash-centric version (lots of blue :wink:) and actually keep it maintained, it would be huge for our status in this space.

Just to clarify, while I don't know what the costs would be to setup such a site, I'm sure the ongoing maintenance costs would be minimal. This wouldn't take up much budget space going forward.

Just to clarify, while I don't know what the costs would be to setup such a site, I'm sure the ongoing maintenance costs would be minimal. This wouldn't take up much budget space going forward.

The problem (and main expanses) is not to create and maintain this site but to make it as popular as (so as efficient as) "bitcoinwisdom".
Can we "buy" same popularity (attendance) among traders?

The problem (and main expanses) is not to create and maintain this site but to make it as popular as (so as efficient as) "bitcoinwisdom".
Can we "buy" same popularity (attendance) among traders?

It doesn't really have to be popular if it is just meant to close the gap that bitcoinwisdom maintenance problems have caused. i.e. If the point is just to give people interested in trading Dash back the tools they've lost, then you just have to point those people there (and they will become more if Dash's popularity rises).

That being said, I wouldn't underestimate the development costs. I mean, if you can get a suitably-licensed working codebase and just have to adapt the branding, it's easy. But building all this stuff from scratch takes time

It doesn't really have to be popular if it is just meant to close the gap that bitcoinwisdom maintenance problems have caused. i.e. If the point is just to give people interested in trading Dash back the tools they've lost, then you just have to point those people there (and they will become more if Dash's popularity rises).

That being said, I wouldn't underestimate the development costs. I mean, if you can get a suitably-licensed working codebase and just have to adapt the branding, it's easy. But building all this stuff from scratch takes time
That's why I'm asking for information. We may be able to get a sense of what the project would cost, so I can make an accurate proposal with devs on board to do the work. It seems that there is tentative support here.

First is about cost and benefit. How much to maintain the cost of such site. How large will the benefit will be?
Except Cryptowatch there are other site provide Bitcoin and other Crypto information e.g. http://dc-charts.com/
How many people will you attract to use this site?
Currently Cryptowatch is not adding DASH just because the demand for it is too low.

In long run, these type of site will become popular and maybe bring some profit (I means real money profit) for the community. But for now, maybe it is more efficient to give reward to developer (cryptowatch like site) that support DASH.

i think this whole Bitcoinwisdom thing is all about pride, that they dropped us, out of whatever reason.
i have no problems finding my charts to work with somewhere else (but then i am not a day trader)

i do not think this has to come out of the budget,
i think this is a great opportunity for somebody out of the community to build their own Dashwisdom,
pop some google Ads on there, make some money and done !
how hard can that be ?

just my personal opinion obviously
:wink:

https://cryptowat.ch is a very similar site.
It seems much more active (they already added ETH). Maybe they are open to add DASH or help you to get more info
This is a good idea. I will also try to ping the creator of Bitcoinwisdom to

a) get information about the Bitcoinwisdom site and
b) see if he would be willing to take on a paid job with us if it comes to it.

First is about cost and benefit. How much to maintain the cost of such site. How large will the benefit will be?
Except Cryptowatch there are other site provide Bitcoin and other Crypto information e.g. http://dc-charts.com/
How many people will you attract to use this site?
Currently Cryptowatch is not adding DASH just because the demand for it is too low.

In long run, these type of site will become popular and maybe bring some profit (I means real money profit) for the community. But for now, maybe it is more efficient to give reward to developer (cryptowatch like site) that support DASH.
This is something to think about for the short term. Long term, I think Dash would be better served by having its own world-class monitoring site. I guess it really depends on the cost, like you say. I'm hoping to figure that out here, or on Twitter.

i think this is a great opportunity for somebody out of the community to build their own Dashwisdom,
pop some google Ads on there, make some money and done !
how hard can that be ?

just my personal opinion obviously
:wink:
That would be nice! Any volunteers? :what:
:grin:

I think wisdom dropped cryptsy btc/dash pair because of some issues with cryptsy, not with dash.
Personally I would ask wisdom creator to add a few btc/dash pairs from other exchanges and just simply pay for it.

I think wisdom dropped cryptsy btc/dash pair because of some issues with cryptsy, not with dash.
Personally I would ask wisdom creator to add a few btc/dash pairs from other exchanges and just simply pay for it.
That idea is probably better and quicker to update as the engine is already there.
Why to reinvent the wheel?

So, I'm thinking that the proposal could be modified as an incentive for a site to add Dash pairs/exchanges to its existing ones. What site is comparable to BitcoinWisdom?

CryptoWatch?

I would love there to be more charting sites that support Dash, but I really thing this is putting the cart before the horse. Charting sites will magically sprout up like mushrooms whenever there is trading volume to support it, just like exchanges do. The reason is that it is profitable. Bitcoinwisdom seems to obviously be a for-profit site funded by advertisements.

Long term, I think Dash would be better served by having its own world-class monitoring site.

Call me overly cautious, but I think we want to stay away from anything that suggests an "official exchange rate." One DASH is worth whatever someone is willing to accept for it in any particular place at any given time. I don't think it is the job of a currency to set its exchange rate relative to other currencies or commodities. This could end up contradicting the very free-market principles Dash seeks to defend and might easily be accused of self-serving manipulation.

That being said, I would support a proposal to lobby some larger more established world commodity/currency charting sites to add an aggregate index of major Dash exchange rates. Check out Bigterminal.com, for example. They already have BTC and LTC. How much would it take to get them to add DASH? Or maybe ask the BitcoinAverage guys to make a DashAverage?

Back