• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Blocksize monero solution

Gaby_64

I would be more confident holding DASH if it implemented the same solution monero has for the blocksize issue
I personally believe we have the fiber connection point (consumer and datacenter) capacity around the world to support 200MB blocks or 5168 tps and maintain adequate decentralization
Can the masternodes support that kind of throughput, assuming all transactions where InstantX?

Hi Gaby, isn't the Monero blocksize one of its weakest features? From my understanding it is very expensive to run a node on Monero.

Monero transaction sizes are much bigger, but this does not invalidate the blocksize limit solution

that being:
The new block's size NBS is compared to the median size M100 of the last 100 blocks. If NBS>M100, the block reward gets reduced in quadratic dependency of how much NBS exceeds M100. E.g. if NBS is [10%, 50%, 80%, 100%] greater than M100, the nominal block reward gets reduced by [1%, 25%, 64%, 100%].

Veltor with its Donar network has got a nice solution, scalable block size and depended chain (instead of slow fork)

Last edited:
Back