• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Blockchain & "human version 2.0"

Ivo Upan

Hi, I'm Ivo, I just joined this community and I am very exited to be here.

One of the reasons I am here is that I think blockchain(DASH) might not be just a new revolutionary technology but something that might change also the way we think and act - our patterns of how we communicate with each other, with the system and with the nature/environment around us.

I believe it has potential to support our development as human beings. "Human V 2.0" - responsible, sustainable in actions, caring & creative.

Through years we have built up a creative community of 500-1000 people here in Estonia. Very different in backgrounds and skills. We have our festival, all-year round gatherings, different creative projects, workshops etc. Among us there are also active members in DASH community and there has been first DASH introduction webinars/seminars in Estonia.

Estonia is a small country (1.3 million people) and well known for its digital development (e-elections, e-government ...). That makes us very open in terms of digital and technological development. The way I see, Estonia is very suitable place for a test platform to new ideas/solutions/technology and how this changes society and people.

How do you see blockchain is supporting/developing us as an individual, our creativity, freedom from political and/or financial systems. Acting more as an responsible community, living sustainably, not harming and abusing an environment. Based on positive actions, caring and trust. What do you think it is the potential of it?

Before I will share further what I have in mind and what I vision. I would like to get your reflections, ideas and experience of this blockhain&human revolution idea :)?

thank you
glad to be here :)

Ivo

Thanks for joining the community. I like your passion, but "revolution" seems like a strong word to describe the values of cryptocurrencies or the development process related to their values - it can serve more as a buzz word in the community - but I do agree, the benefits of blockchain technology are numerous. The goal of this community is to work together strategically, prepare professional proposals with some ideas related to education and promotion of Dash and its technology, and slowly implement them. This can range from sponsorships and workshops to marketing campaigns, getting merchants on board or educating the market. My advice is to start small, a simple proposal with a nice outline of activities, and slowly build your way up to earn the trust of the community and submit proposals with major financial scope. Make sure to present your vision well, it might be hard to take seriously someone too attached to ideas of "revolution" and "changing the world". We might get there, but lets be humble and take it slowly.

Thank you for your advice !

I guess the word "revolution" might be a bit too ambiguous and can be misunderstood ;)

The point I see and have noticed so far that this technology can have a rather strong influence on a person and the ways we are used to interact with each other and systems around us.

I

Thanks for joining the community. I like your passion, but "revolution" seems like a strong word to describe the values of cryptocurrencies or the development process related to their values - it can serve more as a buzz word in the community - but I do agree, the benefits of blockchain technology are numerous. The goal of this community is to work together strategically, prepare professional proposals with some ideas related to education and promotion of Dash and its technology, and slowly implement them. This can range from sponsorships and workshops to marketing campaigns, getting merchants on board or educating the market. My advice is to start small, a simple proposal with a nice outline of activities, and slowly build your way up to earn the trust of the community and submit proposals with major financial scope. Make sure to present your vision well, it might be hard to take seriously someone too attached to ideas of "revolution" and "changing the world". We might get there, but lets be humble and take it slowly.

I believe blockchain will automate many things and thus dis-intermediate overpowered oligarchs and entrenched oligopolies. It will improve quality of life, giving humanity more time and wealth to do things that we wish to do. This I believe will reduce stress and provide an environment where we can appreciate life instead of just racing to pay bills.
If we can execute this revolution of the financial system, the wealth tied up in the richest families of the world will flow to the early adopters and make life easier for the masses.
Saving will be valued more than spending and materialism, because saving results in greater wealth in the long run, due to the accumulation of scarce assets (limited supply coins).
Focusing on saving instead of buying the next materialistic gadget will also reduce stress and improve the human experience.
I believe Dash can help the poor in developing nations rise up and free themselves from the corruption of the State.
If we can take away the power to create money from centralized institutions, the whole house of cards collapses.
Humanity will be free from war and the death economy and can start rebuilding and revitalizing the planet.

I like your approach and find this to be interesting conversation. I hope it all comes to fruition.

What is your experience in Estonia, being a tech-friendly country?
Is technology improving quality of life and happiness?

Good question. I cant really see that people are happier here than in any other countries. As the driving force is still "to get more money/be sucessful" - this will never make you happy. As long as you are aiming to fill your "personal/ego driven interests" - this cup will never be full. So the technology that is built to serve that mentality - it cannot bring a change.

On the other hand I think we have been able to get rid of lot of paperwork/byrocracy - you can declare you taxes, register your car, vote... - communication with the government/system is more or less paperless. This saves us from spending so much unnecessary time and energy. I think that experience makes us open for new ideas/changes and ready to test/adopt new technologies and possibilities. Average estonian has nowdays probably better and closer experience with innovative technology than it many other countries.

I believe blockchain will automate many things and thus dis-intermediate overpowered oligarchs and entrenched oligopolies. It will improve quality of life, giving humanity more time and wealth to do things that we wish to do. This I believe will reduce stress and provide an environment where we can appreciate life instead of just racing to pay bills.
If we can execute this revolution of the financial system, the wealth tied up in the richest families of the world will flow to the early adopters and make life easier for the masses.
Saving will be valued more than spending and materialism, because saving results in greater wealth in the long run, due to the accumulation of scarce assets (limited supply coins).
Focusing on saving instead of buying the next materialistic gadget will also reduce stress and improve the human experience.
I believe Dash can help the poor in developing nations rise up and free themselves from the corruption of the State.
If we can take away the power to create money from centralized institutions, the whole house of cards collapses.
Humanity will be free from war and the death economy and can start rebuilding and revitalizing the planet.

I like your approach and find this to be interesting conversation. I hope it all comes to fruition.

What is your experience in Estonia, being a tech-friendly country?
Is technology improving quality of life and happiness?

Back