• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bitcoin prices plummet, Time to unlink !

elgringo

http://time.com/3666651/bitcoins-prices-plummet-to-2013-levels/

Today, the bitcoin prices have gone below 200$.
This is an example of why we should decouple from bitcoin.

I think still think that one of the best ways to do so is by establishing a seperate Darkcoin to fiat exchange.
run by darkcoiners for darkcoiners
preferably zero fee and decentralized, maybe trough the masternode network.
But we really need to take action if we want to "grow up"

I've been using weselldark but paying a bit extra. It's just the best I can find at the moment for using money in my bank.

I bought the domain localdrkcoins.com. Not as good as localdarkcoins.com, but would do the trick. Would be happy to donate it if we could get something sorted to get a new exchange up and running.

Screw fiat, everyone's fixated on a coins price and it distracts hugely from its utility. Commodities would be better, gold, silver etc. initially and aiming all the way to oil. Amagi Metals already accepts Darkcoin, setting up an exchange via that and getting the goods redeemable at a local jewellers would be much better solution imho. The more I look at the fiat/crypto relationship the less sense it makes to me, its as bad as trying to divide by zero, a fixed quantity one side and an infinitely variable quantity the other.

EDIT: If Amagi issued digital PM contracts signed with the message field on the blockchain there would be no need for an exchange at all, just a means of parsing contract ownership. Once that's trusted it would open the door to the same mechanism for fiat and ultimately anything tradeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think someone is working on an exchange for DRK already. Either way the time is clearly ripe for some coins to outpace Bitcoin. We are not winning, by any means, but we may pass Litecoin with some hard work. The main danger is the 'assets' coins.

Actually I don't get it why there is a need for separate exchange... What's wrong with https://www.bitfinex.com/exchange/index/drkusd ?
DRK volume is really low on bitfinex, there's a rumor it might be taken off that exchange, but I'm not sure.
If there's a "localdarkcoins.com" that works like localbitcoins.com, it can help the trading better than exchanges, i think.
(Except that the prices on localbitcoins are much higher, so it's not favorable to most people.)

DRK volume is really low on bitfinex, there's a rumor it might be taken off that exchange, but I'm not sure.
If there's a "localdarkcoins.com" that works like localbitcoins.com, it can help the trading better than exchanges, i think.
(Except that the prices on localbitcoins are much higher, so it's not favorable to most people.)

Any thoughts on integrating that into an android client using GPS data, "here I am and I want to buy/sell" kind of thing?

Any thoughts on integrating that into an android client using GPS data, "here I am and I want to buy/sell" kind of thing?
I'm not sure how that can be done. And i'm no coder. I've looked at multisig but haven't played with it yet. But to me, even if it can be done, i prefer an escrow. I would love to see a "localdarkcoins" to happen, even if i have to pay a little higher.

EDIT: With a "localdarkcoins" site, you can log onto the site and pick your seller, you tell them how much you want to buy, then you go meet the seller at a safe, public location and do the exchange, and sure you can do it on your phone if you have a DRK wallet on your Android phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decupled long time ago from DRK/BTC ... tbh btc is nothing more than old tech compared to todays crypto's

just use bitfinex drk/usd ;)

Back