• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bitcoin Darkwallet being implemented. Thoughts?

MrMime

Foundation Member
So this has been an ongoing talking point, but seeing more and more threads pop up on reddit that discusses adding an auto mixer into the BTC protocol. How do you guys think this will impact Darkcoin?

Could obviously be very disruptive, depending on how things work out. There are so many uncertainties that it's hard to make an informed judgment now though. Iif people can keep a transaction entirely in BTC it will probably remain the preferred option. However it may also turn out that Darkwallet never materializes, has significant problems, or is not supported by the bitcoin community (or draws the attention of the legal community). We'll have to wait and see.

Darkwallet does not work in the same way as Darkcoin does? I think they have much more of a centralised approach.
But, if anonymity wins, we all in. So I really hope works out well.

I know Amir Taaki and the people developing Dark Wallet, they live in Calafou, near Barcelona where I live. They did several
presentations of Dark Wallet, and I think they are rock solid. I remember once I asked Amir about Darkcoin and he said, Yes, I know but, why another coin? That's his point, and I understand that.

I think they are deeply idealistic about transform capitalsim from inside. They want leave offside banks and goverments, and let people and transactions flow. They are outside the "Alts world", making money with speculation etc..

Good and smart people working hard. They can succeed.

Even the BBC is talking about:
http://www.bbc.com//news/technology-26996936

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several individuals who admit to having >10% of the BTC network. They can keep their Dark Wallet. Anyone serious about privacy would be daft to trust the increasingly centralised BTC network.

I know Amir Taaki and the people developing Dark Wallet, they live in Calafou, near Barcelona where I live. They did several
presentations of Dark Wallet, and I think they are rock solid. I remember once I asked Amir about Darkcoin and he said, Yes, I know but, why another coin? That's his point, and I understand that.

I think they are deeply idealistic about transform capitalsim from inside. They want leave offside banks and goverments, and let people and transactions flow. They are outside the "Alts world", making money with speculation etc..

Good and smart people working hard. They can succeed.

Even the BBC is talking about:
http://www.bbc.com//news/technology-26996936
Pretty awesome video! I digged the orbital tracks they dubbed over. That's awesome about the Spain community. I wasn't aware of this, thanks for sharing.

Back