• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bitalo AG and Lamium OY Dash Re-Branding discussion

Would you like to see a separate Dash Only Re-Brand?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FabioMacno

Hi Dash Community,

some of you know me as @Macno and some as Fabio Bossi and I had another account here but in London Fernando convinced me that the easiest is to just keep it real, so I am Fabio.

As I have to wait for 3 posts to submit any link, I will just provide a short introduction.
I know Bitalo and its founder Martin Albert almost longer than Dash. Actually longer, because back then it was Darkcoin. Martin is a great guy with one deplorable flaw: he is a Bitcoin Maximalist at heart.
BUT! That made him create a whole ecosystem of online-services to never have to get back to FIAT once one had put the first Step into the Magic Kingdom of Crypto.

Along came I with my CV that stands the strict scrutiny of the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin). We are in the final stages of getting a licence that would allow us a Bitcoin dot DE like service but fully On Chain in Germany (ENG already possible without permission). User Side Enycrypted Multi-Sig HD Wallets. Our ukrainian Devs finally started today with the Dash integration and I as the CEO of Bitalo AG, would love to brainstorm with the community about a possible Dash Only/Dash Separte launch.

Cheerio from Munich

Fabio

As someone with a modest understanding from the technical side, this sounds like a robust and self contained ecosystem, just for Dash. You can buy stuff with Dash. You can sell stuff for Dash. You can buy services with Dash. You can sell services for Dash. You can also buy and sell stuff/crypto for fiat, but that function is person to person.

Bitalo itself never touches fiat. But the person to person functionality allows Bob to buy Dash from Michael with USD and other fiat currencies. But the fiat goes directly from Bob's bank account to Michael's bank account. In that way, Bitalo never touches the fiat. The complete exclusion of fiat from the platform...what does that do to the KYC/AML requirements?

How good or bad would initial liquidity be? How would you compare Bitalo to Bisq? Would there be collateral requirements to enable dispute resolution?

Thanks!

As someone with a modest understanding from the technical side, this sounds like a robust and self contained ecosystem, just for Dash. You can buy stuff with Dash. You can sell stuff for Dash. You can buy services with Dash. You can sell services for Dash. You can also buy and sell stuff/crypto for fiat, but that function is person to person.

Correct!

>The complete exclusion of fiat from the platform...what does that do to the KYC/AML requirements?

I it similar to know industry procedures. If you want to exchange Fiat for Crypto, without any limits, full KYC/AML, if you want to sell Goods, local laws apply.

>Bitalo itself never touches fiat.

Nor Crypto. We don't have the private keys.

>But the person to person functionality allows Bob to buy Dash from Michael with USD and other fiat currencies. But the fiat goes directly from Bob's bank >account to Michael's bank account. In that way, Bitalo never touches the fiat. The complete exclusion of fiat from the platform...what does that do to the >KYC/AML requirements?

How good or bad would initial liquidity be? How would you compare Bitalo to Bisq? Would there be collateral requirements to enable dispute resolution?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Thank you! I will look into Bisq! In my opinion the liquidity would depend very much on community adoption, but I am pretty optimistic. With the Lamium part one can also get Fiat payers on board. Accept Fiat, Get Dash.

Back