BillBoards

acidburn

May 26, 2014
You ever noticed in bus stops around the UK is an advertising section? That one side where it scrolls and shows 3 adverts?

I wonder how much it would cost to get a dash advert done. If I head this up would someone be willing to do graphics?

Reactions: TheDashGuy

splawik21

Yeah, it's me....
Dash Core Group
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
You ever noticed in bus stops around the UK is an advertising section? That one side where it scrolls and shows 3 adverts?

I wonder how much it would cost to get a dash advert done. If I head this up would someone be willing to do graphics?
We have very good designers here around right Raptor73 alex-ru tungfa? ;)

TheDashGuy

Dec 16, 2015
I have previously designed & launched billboards in Seattle working with a company called Clear Channel who is one of the biggest in my state. I'll go email the contact and see how much they cost, if I remember correctly though the total cost was around $1,400 for my employer. I'll double check though.

This sounds rather fun... hmmmm.. Might even just make one and put it up for a vote! TO THE DRAWING TABLE!

fible1

Dash Core Group
Masternode Owner/Operator
May 11, 2014
You can also use DesignCrowd.com; great designs for a reasonable price.

Pablo.

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
As a general note i want to say, any community efforts are totally appreciated !
;)

but question is if the world would be actually ready for (example) billboards or ads on a busstop !
i honestly do not think so !

idea
- if that ad / billboard is across HSBC or whatever huge bank in london, that could be an idea
- if the ad / billboard is interconnected with (example) FinTech / Payment System .... Conference
anyway, you know where i am getting at :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
I too love the enthusiasm, it's really good. However, a part of me is saying, it maybe just a little too earlier because the Dash Evolution thing feels like a step change in the way things operate. When we see mobile apps using the DAPI, then I'd say run with it!

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
I did think we need more 'useages' rather than advertising. Hmm. What can I do to expand usage?
find a coffee shop and make them accept Dash or BTC !!
and then i come and order my latte and pay with the iPhone Dash Wallet with Shapeshift integration !
win win
;)

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
I was thinking of making preloaded paper dash wallets, with instructions, for tips (Uber etc). However, I've since found that Coinomi doesn't recognise dash private keys... and I don't want to recommend the Hash Engineering app when I don't like it or use it myself.... hmmm