• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Better late than never, here is the 90 day report/scorecard for the Trust Protectors

solarguy

Howdy!

Here is a link to our 90 day scorecard. I'm sure you will notice it has been more than 90 days. Our apologies for the lateness because of .....reasons.

Every quarter I think to myself, "This next quarter should be easy and uneventful." Hasn't happened yet! Never a dull moment in the Dash ecosystem.

But, in any case, here it is:

The main points were:

Get the DCG internal board back up and running. (We did that, yay!) AND, with the goal of getting some external board members. Despite our very best efforts, we did not get any external board members, but there were some very near misses. On a related note, we are always looking for qualified people to serve in leadership roles like the Trust Protectors, the internal DCG board, the Dash Investment Foundation, etc.

Have we finalized, implemented, and communicated the “Escalator Protocol” to the Dash Network? It is finalized, and it is somewhat implemented, but it is not quite ready for deployment. If it turns out to be useful as an additional governance tool (and we believe that it will.) we will have to think about how to fund it since it will take some ongoing labor requirements/costs.

Have we created and implemented a “suggestion box” for community members to submit great ideas, or complaints, or items they would like us to add to our meeting agendas? Yes! It's right here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...j_ZTpp1XzrgZqz08tqbSQGPTu0w8kg/viewformPlease bookmark it, as the more suggestions we get, the more useful it becomes.

Have we posted and shared official meeting notes for each of our regular Dash Trust Protector meetings across all of our communications channels? Yes. It's right here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DStJmbf0QcYFJ5tw5388L9Fb9X3sdERdyHZ1nc5-w7w/edit?usp=sharingA word of caution, as of right now, the November 11th meeting is the most recently published minutes. At that time, with the best data we had available, the amount of reserves compared to the burn rate to keep DCG chugging along did not look that hot. But at the December 2 meeting, and especially at the December 16th meeting (yesterday) the reserves and the burn rate looked substantially better. This is due to Brian Foster (our new acting CFO) nailing down much better data and in more detail. Big shout out and hearty thanks to Brian. We (the Trust Protectors) were not always super prompt at publishing the minutes, but we believe we have all the kinks worked out and they should appear about a week after the meeting from here on out.

If you have additional questions or comments or additional feedback, feel free to post it here, or DM me on any of the forums, or put it in our suggestion box, or send me an email at my official Dash email: [email protected]

solarguy

Thanks for posting @solarguy

Two immediate findings (potential improvements) :
Have we created and implemented a “suggestion box” for community members to submit great ideas, or complaints, or items they would like us to add to our meeting agendas? Yes! It's right here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...j_ZTpp1XzrgZqz08tqbSQGPTu0w8kg/viewformPlease bookmark it, as the more suggestions we get, the more useful it becomes.

The link doesn’t work for me.

But at the December 2 meeting, and especially at the December 16th meeting (yesterday) the reserves and the burn rate looked substantially better.
it looks like it took 2 months to publish this update :/
Be more careful with what you are placing on the public forum.

Back