• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Best Way To Convert DASH into Malaysia Ringgit

wizlee

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if there's any veteran Malaysian here in the Dash Community? Found some decent DASH to fiat conversion method for Singapore, Thailand, Philippine and Vietnam. However for DASH to MYR, the closest I found is Uphold, which didn't support MYR yet.

There's old forum thread about using RocketPay but that service seems to be down. Would love to reach out to the Dash forum community to see if I missed some very obvious method/service before trying something like converting DASH to other crypto to MYR.

Last edited:
Update for others searching for similar solutions. So far dash[.]org/where-to-spend/ is the best way to spend. The best so far is the Bitrefill's Lazada gift cards. Only downside is there's no higher amount for the gift card.

Also, you can get domains and hosting from web.senang.online

I have some experience with them, I think it's a small operation, using standard off the shelf hosting software. They are based in Penang, Malaysia. I've not been to Penang but have been various other places there.. Pahang, Johor, Singapore and others. Beautiful country, beautiful people, my number two place to live and on my shortlist, might end up there yet, currently researching.

Thank you @GrandMasterDash for the info. Haven't heard about Huobi, will keep an eye on it and see if it is suitable. Though would say that most exchanges apps I saw so far have a very mixed reviews, that is making me kind of hesitant to try them out.

Thank you @GrandMasterDash for the info. Haven't heard about Huobi, will keep an eye on it and see if it is suitable. Though would say that most exchanges apps I saw so far have a very mixed reviews, that is making me kind of hesitant to try them out.

Well, Huobi is one of the big names, been around a long time. That said, it's good practice to not leave money hanging around an exchanges when you're not using them. OTOH, if the exchange has segregated bank accounts and appropriate insurance for losses, then it might be a different story.

Krakan comes to mind, they have a special banking license (world first) making them a Special Purpose Depository Institution. Basically, they have 100% reserves of all assets and fiat. Plus, debit cards available to US customers first and other countries / europe shortly after.

Just to report here for any Malaysians that are searching for similar solutions:

- Convert DASH to MYR
I settled with using sideshift.ai to convert DASH into any crypto that are supported in Luno. Both sideshift and Luno has their alternatives, but these two are either what I am currently using or is the best and most convenient that I can find now. On the exchanges side, SC Malaysia currently only approves 3 entities preliminary (Luno, SINEGY and Tokenize). So Sinery and Tokenize are something to look out for, currently Luno has the most adoption in Malaysia now.

- Spend DASH directly
The best for most use cases are bitrefill. Notably you can find mobile reloads, Grab and Lazada vouchers. You can also find vouchers for almost every other countries, so you can buy them and give your overseas friends/family or use it if you have an oversea account ;) Just make sure you buy the product for your intended location. For electronics or other more niche products just refer to dash.org suggestions.

Much more merchants are desired here but these are what we got for now.

Back