• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Are these masternode permissions correct?

Ignition75

Ozziecoin setup my masternodes for me, since he went AWOL I'm going to need to reach out to the community for a little help whilst I come up to speed on IPTables and Linux in general.

This is what I know I have, Ubuntu 12.02 64 bit with csf as a firewall on a VPS. I only have one IP allowed through my firewall and that's my home connection.

I have no issues with hot wallets, my wallet passwords are long and I'm satisfied with wallet security.

My first question is around permissions and the darkcoin.conf file. Are these file permissions correct?

permissions_zps353f0cd8.jpg

Any issues with having darkcoin.conf readable by the public with my private key in there?

When I bring a new masternode online I build a VPS from an image, drop the new wallet in, change IP address and privkey in the darkcoin.conf file and adjust permissions anything else I should be doing?

I also always clear bash before I log off, regardless of what I've been doing.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

yes
it is enough :)
Load the Image + eventualy update the client
get new wallet on remote
close darcoind remote
on local client get the privkey from wallet with 1000drk/close
insert on darkocin.conf on remote new privkey and IP and the same on local
start remote than local
masternode start

yes
it is enough :)
Load the Image + eventualy update the client
get new wallet on remote
close darcoind remote
on local client get the privkey from wallet with 1000drk/close
insert on darkocin.conf on remote new privkey and IP and the same on local
start remote than local
masternode start
What about having the darkcoin.conf file readable by the public, any security issues with that?

I'm satisfied with wallet encryption, I just need my questions answered at this stage which not 1 person has done. Can anyone answer a couple of my security questions please?
I think Vertoe also uses hot wallets, I'm sure he can help you.

Back