• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Anybody need cheap hosting?

oaxaca

Foundation Member
$36 USD per year for 2 masternode VPSes is a pretty good deal. 2GB should be plenty to run 12.1 for a while. Disclaimer - I have no connection to them whatsoever, just happened to come across this offer. @babygiraffe Ever heard of these guys with a Phoenix data center?

https://lowendbox.com/blog/woothosting-bogo-2gb-openvz-vps-for-36yr-and-more/#more-9561
--------------------------------------------------------------------
New Year VPS BOGO – VPS-2048MB:

Buy One, Get One Free! Order one of these, get another VPS of the same specifications, free for life (as long as you keep the parent service!) Open a ticket to claim your free VPS after this order.

New Year VPS-2048MB:
– 2048MB RAM
– 2048MB Swap
– 2x vCPU
– 30GB HDD space
– 2TB transfer
– 1Gbps uplink
– 1x IPv4
– 30x IPv6
– OpenVZ/SolusVM
– No Coupon Needed
– $36/year

Not if you do it the normal way which is to set up a cool wallet on a computer you only connect to the internet to issue restart commands (computer you control and keep safe, say and old laptop), and a set up a hot node on the VPS. The "hot" node holds no private keys, so it doesn't matter if it is compromised.

Pablo.

I just took this from their terms of service ,,,

would a MN be classed as a mining application ??

• Services that disrupt either our services, or the services of other clients
  • Spam. All mailing must comply with requirements of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003. Any space that becomes “blacklisted” (space that is listed upon any blackhole lists) during your possession may result in your services being suspended or terminated. SPAM complaints may result in a “clean-up fee” of $1-5 per complaints, at our discretion.
  • Sending any type of Denial of Service (DoS) attack
  • IRC (or other) usage responsible for attacks against our services
  • Port scanning
  • TOR exit nodes (and similar services)
  • CPU-intensive services on VPS and shared hosting (example: mining applications)
  • IP-spoofing
  • HitLeap and similar services
  • Torrent services (p2p)
  • Nested Virtualization (example: QEMU within a VPS instance)

Last edited:
I just took this from their terms of service ,,,
would a MN be classed as a mining application ??
No, I don't think so. A MN is not very CPU-instensive, at least it wasn't before 12.1., haven't updated yet. They just don't want you do have a process running with 100% CPU utilisation 24/7.

I have tried the place, no problems so far and great support.

Back