• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Antminer D3- what to do?

seavey87

I purchased a antminer d3 for $8500 last week. It got held up in shipping and didn't arrive until today.

What would you do if you were in my shoes? Hope for the best with the higher difficulty or sell asap?

What do you mean? If it arrived today, then you have it in your possession already, don't you?

I believe it'll still be profitable and you'll ROI in ~6 months

I paid $8500 which was a mistake, I missed the days where difficulty was low due to payment/shipping issues. I got a little over that on ebay just a hour ago.. but between shipping it to the buyer and ebay fees I am at a loss of a few hundred dollars.

Current difficulty (4m) using whattomine.com puts ROI at 190 days mining dash.

Thats $9000 in equipment costs, 12c power costs, 5% pool fee, and 17.5 hash rate (most people report this without overclocking). 6m difficulty puts it at 300 days.

Too risky, I bailed.

WOW! That is amazing! I honestly wouldn't spend over 900 at this point on a D3. Good for you. I think you absolutely lucked out because it looks to me like the difficulty will bring the profit down to around 3-5 USD per unit by the time I get my 6 in December. Hey, I'll just funnel it into bitcoin and hold on to them. It will pay off eventually. Congrats though, I think you just dodged a bullet there.

The reason why the profit is looking good at this moment is because at this moment the difficulty is at 2.9 million. A few hours ago it was at 6.3 million. The difficulty has been doubling recently every 2 days. Unless it levels off soon, and it does not appear that will be happening anytime soon, there will be very little profit. Especially 7 weeks from now. Who knows though. The price could start jumping up to compensate, but things are looking bad right now

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 10.22.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 10.22.24 PM.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 123
The problem is that it will probably be 10 tomorrow and 20 by next week. In 7 weeks it needs to stay under 55 for me to have any profit at all and I'm not sure that is going to happen. But I really don't know. I am hoping it does.

You can mine other x11 coins but others are also doing that. I can't see the future. The price of Dash could skyrocket the difficulty could level off. I am hoping both happens because I have quite a lot invested

Current difficulty (4m) using whattomine.com puts ROI at 190 days mining dash.

Thats $9000 in equipment costs, 12c power costs, 5% pool fee, and 17.5 hash rate (most people report this without overclocking). 6m difficulty puts it at 300 days.

Too risky, I bailed.

5% pool fees seems excessive. I'm on Coinmine, which one were you thinking on Mining?

im confused what to do now lol

I'd buy and hodl, honestly. It's the most passive strategy, and very effective. It will probably pay for your retirement, but probably not your rent next month.

I purchased a D3 on the November batch from GigaWatt @2200, which I don't think it's bad. Yes, diff by then will probably be Moon level, but it wasn't too much money, and will ROI in a few months.

SOLD OUT WITHIN 2 MINS I CHECKED lol

Don't worry. The batch that I bought sold on days, not hours / minutes like Bitmain's site... So wait a little and if you have the money, buy it. They hold and host your miner, though. Bit Ove found it beats paying the electric bills myself and dealing with customs to get it. Besides from the freaking loud noise they make.

@$8,500 that's too rich for me. I was on gigawatt's website sometime it was for $2,100 and available but most of these websites just popping up and some were created a week ago from looking at the whois, the gigawatt was created apr 2017 which is not too bad, but just never know who to trust nowadays. I'm glad you got it. I don't know I think somewhere else I was reading that people thought it was scammy. I hope you make back you money on it, what it'll take about 6 months?

i got my self 5X D3's at $1450 each for end November batch but that does not include shipping or power supplies. Crypto compare shows difficulty fluctuates every few minutes witch is worrying. But by the look of things they will make there money back in the first 2 Months. Lets hope for the best.

WOW! That is amazing! I honestly wouldn't spend over 900 at this point on a D3. Good for you. I think you absolutely lucked out because it looks to me like the difficulty will bring the profit down to around 3-5 USD per unit by the time I get my 6 in December. Hey, I'll just funnel it into bitcoin and hold on to them. It will pay off eventually. Congrats though, I think you just dodged a bullet there.
Exactly what I'm getting today 25 Nov 4 dollers before electric bill

Back