Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Aidster Platform

Discussion in 'Budget Proposal Discussions' started by Philogynist, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Philogynist

Philogynist New Member

Hi

I am looking at ways that I might be able to get a project online. I saw the Dash mention of FB and thought that it might suit my needs. I have been an aid worker for about 17 years, mostly working on shelter and livelihoods projects in disaster and conflict zones. Over the years I have managed the transfer of nearly 600 million dollars in aid, much of that as cash payments. At times I have had to cart bags of cash across inhospitable country. In Afghanistan I was working in places like Kandahar and Jalalabad at a time when there was no security. The platform I was proposing would instead of carrying cash, indirectly transfer a crypto payment to the beneficiaries. It could work off the Dash platform with a variation. Instead of giving the beneficiaries crypto, they would get a debit card that has been charged with a certain value against the Dash transfer that could be redeemed at nominated vendors in the field who would accept Dash as payment. I was proposing to build the platform so that all non-profit agencies could access it. I am in Australia and the amount that the government and the non-profits transfer each year is around 5 billion Aus dollars. Globally there is about 300 billion US dollars transferred annually. Not all is cash to the field of course but it still requires a transfer and exchange to be done. I was aiming to have the platform be able to reconcile the transfers against the agency budgets keeping track of what has been used and not used and a range of other management issues It needs to be simple to use and with a stable value crypto currency. Is this something that would fit in here?