• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Advice please; dash, bitsquare, BitcoinJ

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
I've been on the bitsquare forums, hoping developer(s) might be tempted to work on adding dash as a native currency. Someone made the following comment and, being I'm not a developer, I am not sure of the correct answer... so I was hoping someone here could go over there and address it. The post said....

"I forgot to add that BitSquare relies on BitcoinJ for the bitcoin part, a project the BitSquare devs are not (directly) involved in (or so I think). So, it would seem that a Java implementation should exist for coin X before it can be included as a native currency in BitSquare."

The relevant thread on their forum is https://forum.bitsquare.io/t/bitsquare-development-funding/561

I'm just hoping / praying someone would submit a proposal to work on this!

Thanks

I've been on the bitsquare forums, hoping developer(s) might be tempted to work on adding dash as a native currency. Someone made the following comment and, being I'm not a developer, I am not sure of the correct answer... so I was hoping someone here could go over there and address it. The post said....

"I forgot to add that BitSquare relies on BitcoinJ for the bitcoin part, a project the BitSquare devs are not (directly) involved in (or so I think). So, it would seem that a Java implementation should exist for coin X before it can be included as a native currency in BitSquare."

The relevant thread on their forum is https://forum.bitsquare.io/t/bitsquare-development-funding/561

Thanks

Have to wait for a dev to confirm but I'm certain Bitcoinj has been ported to Dash, iirc UdjinM6 ported it and hash engineerings android wallet and Mycelium implementations use it.

EDIT: My bad, HashEngineering ported it:
https://github.com/HashEngineering/dashj

Thanks

You are not a developer. but someone offered you a developer job.

This is what advertisers are doing. They offer developer jobs to non developers, and when developers are asking them for a job, they deny to pay.

Actually, I'm changing my mind for now. Unfortunately I don't think Manfred is up to the job and the more I think about it, I think there are motivation / project management issues. The way I understand it, his funding method is to give tokens to a few developers and doesn't want to give out too many tokens to different developers because that would dilute shares. At the same time, he has very little understanding how dash works and not much interest anyway. In fact, money is not his motivation and seems more content keeping the project walled to himself and just a few developers.

Forking is an option but a dash-only fork would not be a good idea because that would dilute what is already a thin userbase. Although it would be a lot of work, I think a fork that allowed cross-trades natively would be the best option... but then why would dash fund such development? Tbh, I think it's a bit disappointing.

upload_2017-1-7_20-10-3.png

this is the current trading reality in Bitsquare - I suggest to use it more often for DASH trades

Back