• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Address list in Dash Core wallet

Sven

I'm running Dash Core version v0.12.2.0 (64-bit) on Mac OS. Is there a way to see a list of the addresses used in my wallet with their respective balances?

I got the wallet funded by an incoming transaction from an exchange. Then I sent part of those funds to myself within the wallet. At the Transactions tab, the first incoming tx is listed with the receiving address, let's call it address A. The next tx says "Payment to yourself" and shows "n/a", no address.

Menu > File > "Sending addresses..." is empty and "Receiving addresses..." shows address A and the address where I received the tx (B). I can look them up on a block explorer and see that A is now empty and B contains the amount I had sent from A to B. Apparently the change from A went to an address C, which I can find by tracing it on the block explorer, but can't see anywhere within the wallet.

I know that the wallet has access to it because the balance on the overview tab includes the change. Perhaps it was an intentional design choice to hide cryptic addresses from newbies as much as possible, but I'd like to be in control and know what's going on under the hood. So can I see how my funds are split across which addresses without going through a block explorer?

use coin control
in there you see exactly what address is holding what

use coin control
in there you see exactly what address is holding what
Thanks. I had to search around a bit to figure out what coin control means. Found a reference buried in the Masternodes documentation. If anyone else needs this info:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...drawals-Option2:WithdrawalsfromDashCorewallet

Scroll down to "Option 2: Withdrawals from Dash Core wallet".

Basically, you have to enable it in Preferences or Settings and then get to it from the Inputs button on the Send tab. It will show all UTXOs. Not very intuitive, but works.

Back