• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

2021 DIF Candidate Announcement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand you're really upset. I wasn't really following the Kuva drama and the Dash News defunding, so I'll reserve judgement, although it does look like it was a loss for the community. But in either case, let's tone down the name calling a bit. @xkcd, stand above it, you're better than that!

I agree about the Kuvacash fiasco but imo DFN being de-funded turned out to be better for both Joel and dash in general. Obviously I can't speak for him, but my guess is, if you was to ask him, he'd say he's in a better place now and enjoying it more. He's now doing exactly what I hoped for, more diverse topics and a more diverse audience, yet still extols the wonders of dash. From an audience perspective it comes off as more genuine because he's clearly not funded from the dash treasury (though still runs masternodes). Good for him and dash needs more people that are happy to promote dash without being paid that way.

That is a great question! name3 is a floating turd in the bowl that just cannot be readily flushed. He once applied for Trust Protector in it's formation round, lost and is now appying for DIF Supervisor and this is deeply unsettling to me given his track record as a staunch Kuvacash supporter and him being instrumental in the defunding of gems such as DASH FORCE NEWS.

I want to be damn clear, the swine name3 does not have my support for a DIF supervisor and it would be very bad if anyone voted for him because he will act to enrich himself and his goals and values are NOT aligned with the DASH network.

This piece of shit wrote a hit piece on DFN and has since tried to cover his tracks by deleting his post, you can see what is left of it here
Swine!
View attachment 10743

Filth!
View attachment 10744
Lies!
View attachment 10745

To read more of his garbage, enter this search term into the Discord search bar.
Code:

Recently Arden noticed we used to have a DASH News Site and wondered what happened to it since it was so successful and so well ranked.

View attachment 10746

So, name3 was responsible in part for the destruction of one of the few well indexed excellent sources of news for DASH that was keeping the coin relevant and in the forefront of investor's minds and this turd bag is now coming back to run for DIF supervisor? my ass he is ! :mad:
To be perfectly clear I definitely campaigned to defund DFN, and as long as XKCD is giving me all the credit for it, I am quite proud of what was accomplished. I periodically delete reddit accounts to maintain my privacy which is why the thread is no longer up, but I am sure you can see the arguments I made using one of the many websites that cache reddit data.

I was reviewing the past year and (in the other thread) found our Q3 balance sheet.

After paying the liability of a deferred director's fee the DIF had less than a quarter million of all assets.

Since then we have invested $700k, in 5 different companies and we were organized enough to accept other equity (not included in these 5) in ReadyRaider and DashRetail.

We also have more than a quarter million in the DIF bank account alone. In addition, we have just under 2000 DASH, are beginning to purchase a significant amount of RUNE, and have $25k as a receivable.

I hope the network would agree with me that this reflects very well on the current supervisors. I also hope the network will support candidates that want to add to the growth that has been demonstrated this past year.

I've taught statistics, so I know that numbers can lie. However, these numbers are very strong.

Last edited:
As if the above post wasn't long enough yet, let me add a few more thoughts.

There are voices that call for immediate action from the DIF to support the Dash price, some even going so far as asking the DIF to sell assets and buy Dash. Again, let me refer to my Reddit history on that, you see my reply right underneath the linked post.

Even if watching the price drop is painful, I believe for the DIF to make panicky steps to try and countersteer would be not only naive and foolish, but also ultimately futile and self-destructive.

I see the DIF along the lines of an angel investor or VC. It is designed to allow the network to participate in the success of commercial Dash-funded projects in a way the treasury alone never could. Too often, commercial projects gladly took DAO funding only to give us the short end of the stick once they were up and running.

Case study:
Livingroom of Satoshi
Funded in 2016 with 1000 Dash it has become a seemingly successful business: https://www.livingroomofsatoshi.com/graphs How much profit share does Dash get from it? Zero. Now look at their website again and see if you find Dash on there. I'll wait ... Found it? Yea, me neither. Why has it disappeared? I don't know. But I do know that cases like this should not happen again.

The DIF and the treasury should both focus on projects with a clear benefit for Dash. That's a given. The difference is in the expectation of a financial return.

The treasury is giving away money as a gift with no enforceable obligations to the recipient once it has been paid out. That's suitable for cost-heavy projects without direct profit. Open-source software development, events, marketing campaigns etc.

But why should Dash gift money to startup founders who hope to create a profitable enterprise and ultimately obtain personal wealth from their success? That's where the DIF comes in. By providing capital in return for equity, not only will we all benefit from the success of our portfolio companies, but we will also be able to ensure alignment with Dash long past the initial investment.

We all have to be very clear, though, that this is a long-term play. You can't invest in a startup today and pull the rug from under its feet tomorrow. This shouldn't really come as a surprise to any crypto veteran familiar with the "hodl" meme. It applies in startup funding just as much. Only here investors are even contractually tied to their investment until an exit event occurs. And "Dash price is dropping!" ain't one.

We also have to be clear that startups often have a long ramp-up time before they generate profit. Facebook took 5 years. Amazon took 7. Exit events can happen earlier, but it should be very clear that everyone wanting to see returns or even calling the DIF a failure after a year or two of operations needs a reality check of his/her expectations.

I was one of the early employees in a startup called TubeMogul. Years later, the company was sold for $540m to Adobe providing a very nice payday for everyone. We would never have made it there if our early investors had let us hang out to dry.

However, this is not to say that the DIF has carte blanche to absorb funds from the treasury at will. We often pride ourselves of having a self-funding network. It's one of the main differentiators from BCH or LTC. It's also only half the truth.

The DIF receives hundreds of Dash each funding round, 70% of which get liquidated to USD according to the last report. Together with DCG funding, most of which is also converted to fiat, this puts significant sell pressure on Dash. Between the DIF and DCG, each month hundreds of thousands of dollars of fresh fiat money have to flow into the Dash ecosystem just to keep the price stable.

If that fresh outside money doesn't flow, price drops, which can put us into a vicious cycle of diminishing investor confidence, even less money flowing, even lower prices and ultimately less funding. That means the onus is on the DIF and DCG to at least provide enough value to the network to offset price dips from budget sales.

Of course it's easy to point fingers at the overall crypto market now: "Hey look, everything's tanking! We can't stem that tide!" Sorry, no cop-outs! Investors will be familiar with the concept of "alpha", a measure of performance against the overall market. For simplicity, we can use the DASH/BTC rate or the DASH/BCH rate as an approximation. DIF and DCG should work towards keeping those rates at least stable if not rising=outperform.

Still, I won't make this post about DCG performance and I stand by what I said earlier about the DIF. The DIF is not in a 100m sprint, it's in a marathon. And with a couple hundred $k AUM, it's barely viable as an investor. It needs significantly more firepower. Angel/VC investing is inherently very risky. 90% of average angel investments result in a loss, a good half of that in total loss. Of the remaining 10%, most will make a little money beyond the initial investment and probably less than 2% will become outsize successes. I'm already bracing for impatient MNOs calling DIF a failure when the first investment dies. Which will inevitably happen. But like it or not, that means we do need a whole portfolio of companies to have a decent chance at catching one of those superstars that end up moving the needle for the entire Dash network.

So, for better or for worse, we will still be in the fundraising stage for quite a while, yet we need to strike a careful balance between loading up fast enough to play with the grown-ups and putting too much pressure on the network when its already under stress.

I promise I'll shut up now! :)

I agree with some of what you wrote and have a slightly different take on other parts. I agree that the DIF shouldn't try and actively support the price, simply because that won't work, they don't have nearly enough buying power for something like that. I agree with the overall strategy you envision, but I think that the true power of the DIF is as an entity that can enter into contracts that benefit the Dash network. Aiming for projects that will eventually produce return is good, but aiming for projects that will create some concrete benefit for Dash users and price in the short term is better. Ideally investments will be a combination of the two. But the real value of the DIF (IMO) is creating new use cases for Dash now. We are in an incredibly fragile position at the moment and need to be aggressive in the short term so that we can survive to fight in the long term.

What I was communicating above is the DIF is much better off today than at the end of Q3.

I agree with some of what you wrote and have a slightly different take on other parts. I agree that the DIF shouldn't try and actively support the price, simply because that won't work, they don't have nearly enough buying power for something like that. I agree with the overall strategy you envision, but I think that the true power of the DIF is as an entity that can enter into contracts that benefit the Dash network. Aiming for projects that will eventually produce return is good, but aiming for projects that will create some concrete benefit for Dash users and price in the short term is better. Ideally investments will be a combination of the two. But the real value of the DIF (IMO) is creating new use cases for Dash now. We are in an incredibly fragile position at the moment and need to be aggressive in the short term so that we can survive to fight in the long term.

That is a great question! name3 is a floating turd in the bowl that just cannot be readily flushed.
I dont blame @Name3 . He is loved by some people, and hated by some others.
The floating turd in the bowl is the one who decided the rules of the DIF elections, and didnt allow us to cast negative votes.

ostracism.jpg

Last edited:
I periodically delete reddit accounts to maintain my privacy which is why the thread is no longer up, but I am sure you can see the arguments I made using one of the many websites that cache reddit data.
You do great when you try to maintain your privacy.
But If you delete your reddit accounts, how do you expect us to judge your behavior, and cast a positive vote on you?
You can still maintain your privacy if your thoughts, opinions and actions are visible in the network, but nobody can accosiate them with your real name. For example look at @UdjinM6 , we all know him, but nobody knows him.

So, could you please reveal all your deleted reddit accounts (post a link of the cached reddit data here), for us to judge your personality and vote for you?

Depending on your fully fleshed out plan this is definitely something that I think would be worth funding! Looking forward to learning about your company, and how you would go about accomplishing this.

Last edited:
You do great when you try to maintain your privacy.
But If you delete your reddit accounts, how do you expect us to judge your behavior, and cast a positive vote on you?
You can still maintain your privacy if your thoughts, opinions and actions are visible in the network, but nobody can accosiate them with your real name. For example look at @UdjinM6 , we all know him, but nobody knows him.

So, could you please reveal all your deleted reddit accounts (post a link of the cached reddit data here), for us to judge your personality and vote for you?

I have always been name3 when it comes to Dash. This is evident from everyone I've argued with in the past coming out of the woodwork to try and make sure I don't get elected. I have a reputation in Dash and you can judge me on that to your hearts content. You can also ask me my opinion on anything Dash related and I'll give you my honest answer.

I have always been name3 when it comes to Dash. This is evident from everyone I've argued with in the past coming out of the woodwork to try and make sure I don't get elected. I have a reputation in Dash and you can judge me on that to your hearts content. You can also ask me my opinion on anything Dash related and I'll give you my honest answer.

I dont really care and dont take into account what you are saying now, because whatever you say now it is said because you are a candidate. I want to know what you have said and have done when you had no intentions to become a DIF candidate.

I am looking for your past. Your past will judge you and make me cast my single vote in favor of you (or against you, in case the election method allows me to do it).
For example, once upon times, back in 2017, you said a positive word here in Dashtalk for the Dash Satellite proposal of Gilemon . This is very good. Anything else?
Please point to all the cached and deleted words and actions of yours in reddit or anywhere, because I may want to read many of them and certainly want to read the ones you dont want to advertise.

Last edited:
I dont really care and dont take into account what you are saying now, because whatever you say now it is said because you are a candidate. I want to know what you have said and have done when you had no intentions to become a DIF candidate.

I am looking for your past. Your past will judge you and make me cast my single vote in favor of you (or against you).
For example, once upon times, back in 2017, you said a positive word here in Dashtalk for the Dash Satellite proposal of Gilemon . This is very good. Anything else?
Please point to all the cached and deleted words and actions of yours in reddit or anywhere, because I may want to read many of them and certainly want to read the ones you dont want to advertise.

If you are hoping to see my opinions on different issues that have come before masternodes the best I can offer you is to look on Dashcentral under a proposal you want to know about. My reddit account rarely weighs in on proposals, because there was rarely discussion on reddit about proposals. my current reddit account is mybrandnewaccount95 which goes back to about a year ago I think if you want to do some snooping into that.

I stand behind every position I've ever taken in Dash. I wanted to
  • Defund DFN
  • Defund most proposals ever put to the network by Dash Racer (with the exception of the Sports betting one) and Coingun
  • Defund Ben Swann
  • Fund most proposals out of Africa and Venezuela
  • Allow the DIF autonomy in making decisions with the understanding that the mechanism to hold them accountable is this very election we are in the midst of.
  • Lower the Proposal fee
  • Fund the first few Kuvacash proposals and not for the last one, which seemed to me to be intentionally inflammatory so they could make the case to remove Dash from their platform.
But none of that is particularly important in my opinion. This isn't about me as a person. This is about the idea that the DIF needs to be more aggressive in securing benefits for the Dash Network in timely manner. The longer the time horizon on the benefit that is supposedly secured by an investment the less useful it is. We are rapidly declining in value in comparison to our competitors. The lower we drop on CMC the more irrelevant we become (and yes marketcap is a dumb way to measure success in crypto, but that is the way it is). Something needs to change. I don't see anyone in positions of power in Dash expressing an understanding of the urgency with which we need to act. So I am doing it, if for no other reason than to show other masternodes that we don't have to fall into the groupthink that seems to permeate every DFO and that there are others who see the situation as it truly is: bad.

Given we know which way name3 has voted on certain proposals, it shouldn't be too hard to cross-reference the unique set to identify the exact IPs.

Given we know which way name3 has voted on certain proposals, it shouldn't be too hard to cross-reference the unique set to identify the exact IPs.

Do you mean this?
I stand behind every position I've ever taken in Dash. I wanted to
  • Defund DFN
  • Defund most proposals ever put to the network by Dash Racer (with the exception of the Sports betting one) and Coingun
  • Defund Ben Swann
  • Fund most proposals out of Africa and Venezuela
  • Allow the DIF autonomy in making decisions with the understanding that the mechanism to hold them accountable is this very election we are in the midst of.
  • Lower the Proposal fee
  • Fund the first few Kuvacash proposals and not for the last one, which seemed to me to be intentionally inflammatory so they could make the case to remove Dash from their platform.

Or, do you have some additional info?

We could search https://mnowatch.org/ about it, and spot the voter that matches the above profile.
But I dont remember the official names of the afforementioned proposals.
Does anyone remember the official proposal names?
For example, what was the name of Dash Racer's proposal?

Last edited:
Maybe this helps. The only one I'm not 100% sure of, though likely correct, is 2018-10-17:

2017-12-18, No, Ben-Swann-Reality-Check-Relaunch, https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Ben-Swann-Reality-Check-Relaunch
2018-02-17, No, Dash_AeroSports_Zero_Funds_Requested, https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Dash_AeroSports_Zero_Funds_Requested
2018-04-18, Yes, KuvacashBaseFunding002, https://www.dashcentral.org/p/KuvacashBaseFunding002
2018-08-17, Yes, KUVACASH-RESTRUCTURED-LAUNCH-PROPOSAL, https://www.dashcentral.org/p/KUVACASH-RESTRUCTURED-LAUNCH-PROPOSAL
2018-10-17, Yes, KUVACASH-NOVEMBER-LAUNCH-FUNDING, https://www.dashcentral.org/p/KUVACASH-NOVEMBER-LAUNCH-FUNDING
2020-08-14, Yes, dash-platform-incubator-phase-3, https://www.dashcentral.org/p/dash-platform-incubator-phase-3
2021-04-13, No, DashElectrumApr2021, https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DashElectrumApr2021

According to this ancient report (it was produced 31-12-2017 from the info provided by dashninja.pl and refers to the whole 2017 year) here you are the 245 IPs that voted NO for Ben-Swann.
2018-02-17, No, Dash_AeroSports_Zero_Funds_Requested, https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Dash_AeroSports_Zero_Funds_Requested
And according this ancient mnowatch report here you are the ones who voted NO for Dash_AeroSports.
107.170.196.35 ba306ab4cdf33e3bb37116233f5a73315a7ca518c1331faef34fa264cac5ad13-0
45.63.110.18 446e0a84bd7bf720e73a1c295eb27e307c56bf17f6beabda413a6d6b6a747714-1
45.63.85.61 498d46d62f7201007cfa4aebe422f6dedf6e359a3c30208b562b1379d191262d-1
45.32.236.222 ca74a7e95d3af1fda1b191f8b3d3e8f29c7a10dfb2b5aa53d7544b8503f00a2f-0
45.32.88.32 a08037aea966f40fd517cf530fab969cbc7b1632da83f304b79028330b7c545b-0
45.76.132.227 57498db5ee8071b970fc28a1f7d947acd2edb73f22a83d3b8d9331332551bc6e-1
95.85.56.182 f21ec9053d8be842814f086f04aeb44920fbcf5680c68d8a2ea16375385ab49d-1
45.32.81.11 92ba273f0b1b529ed2ef0d3606aca00816c65c3486e6d56c3eb56d72214187af-1
45.32.188.243 8651a4dfbac38a9748b66929788d6248eff2c3364d62087997b5c31dd68e94b2-1
45.63.15.216 1f8c92f9f6a584cf982b435842f72338fd617966bca973b25db76c2ac6275ab3-1
45.32.70.56 addccc9ed75bc9751df700290d5e01840cfd38c45171c84f5a03037fa7c38fc5-1
88.99.185.190 6dfa8e4a64db57214e0222b8597d9763e6de336f7eda1d2efc82b32340b089e7-0
45.32.88.136 b6cc6fd0d3d14e1206ccd978ccf30a1be90139e98c30a02f8047394eddb25df0-1
Regarding Dash_AeroSports, you may also search the below ancient reports.
the_results_dashd_01-03-2018.html
the_results_dashd_31-03-2018.html
For example If you look at the_results_dashd_31-03-2018.html, more No_voters for Dash_AeroSports appear....
and so on....

By using the data of mnowatch.org , some basic shell scripting, and the above method, everybody can easily discover the IPs of @Name3. Maybe someday I will automate this, and put it as query3 in mnowatch.

Do we really need to do it right now? I mean, the DIF elections are over, so whats the meaning of this? Lets get prepared for the next DIF election, we have plenty of time until then, so no rush....

Last edited:
According to this ancient report (it was produced 31-12-2017 from the info provided by dashninja.pl and refers to the whole 2017 year) here you are the 245 IPs that voted NO for Ben-Swann.

And according this ancient mnowatch report here you are the ones who voted NO for Dash_AeroSports.
107.170.196.35 ba306ab4cdf33e3bb37116233f5a73315a7ca518c1331faef34fa264cac5ad13-0
45.63.110.18 446e0a84bd7bf720e73a1c295eb27e307c56bf17f6beabda413a6d6b6a747714-1
45.63.85.61 498d46d62f7201007cfa4aebe422f6dedf6e359a3c30208b562b1379d191262d-1
45.32.236.222 ca74a7e95d3af1fda1b191f8b3d3e8f29c7a10dfb2b5aa53d7544b8503f00a2f-0
45.32.88.32 a08037aea966f40fd517cf530fab969cbc7b1632da83f304b79028330b7c545b-0
45.76.132.227 57498db5ee8071b970fc28a1f7d947acd2edb73f22a83d3b8d9331332551bc6e-1
95.85.56.182 f21ec9053d8be842814f086f04aeb44920fbcf5680c68d8a2ea16375385ab49d-1
45.32.81.11 92ba273f0b1b529ed2ef0d3606aca00816c65c3486e6d56c3eb56d72214187af-1
45.32.188.243 8651a4dfbac38a9748b66929788d6248eff2c3364d62087997b5c31dd68e94b2-1
45.63.15.216 1f8c92f9f6a584cf982b435842f72338fd617966bca973b25db76c2ac6275ab3-1
45.32.70.56 addccc9ed75bc9751df700290d5e01840cfd38c45171c84f5a03037fa7c38fc5-1
88.99.185.190 6dfa8e4a64db57214e0222b8597d9763e6de336f7eda1d2efc82b32340b089e7-0
45.32.88.136 b6cc6fd0d3d14e1206ccd978ccf30a1be90139e98c30a02f8047394eddb25df0-1
Regarding Dash_AeroSports, you may also search the below ancient reports.
the_results_dashd_01-03-2018.html
the_results_dashd_31-03-2018.html
For example If you look at the_results_dashd_31-03-2018.html, more No_voters for Dash_AeroSports appear....

and so on....

By using the data of mnowatch.org , some basic shell scripting, and the above method, everybody can easily discover the IPs of @Name3. Maybe someday I will automate this, and put it as query3 in mnowatch.

Do we really need to do it right now? I mean, the DIF elections are over, so whats the meaning of this? Lets get prepared for the next DIF election, we have plenty of time until then, so no rush....

Oh sure, I just find it amusing :)

The intersect of those three tables is:

All except the last one are with Choopa / Vultr, the last one with Digital Ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back