• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

2014 Darkcoin wallet won't unlock

Taztoo

Hi chaps,

I wondered whether you can help me. I've spent a long time reading previous threads on DRK migrations to DASH however I still have some questions.

I have an old Darkcoin wallet.dat from 2014, unfortunately I don't have the Darkcoin blockchain or the databases which were used with this wallet.

I downloaded a fresh copy of the Dash QT wallet and restored my wallet.dat file. The Darkcoin balance transferred to Dash immediately and all the transactions are showing.

My problem is that the wallet claims to be "LOCKED" with a passphrase.

1. I don't remember locking it
2. If I had of locked it there would of been a choice of 5 passwords - none of which have worked to unlock the wallet.

So my questions are:

1. Is it at all possible that the .dat has become corrupted and thinks it's locked when it shouldn't be?

2. What does "upgrade wallet format" do in the repair tools?

Given the fact I am running an old .dat file, do I need to change the formatting in anyway which may correct the locking status?

Is there an old archived copy of the Darkcoin QT wallet laying around so I can test it by loading the .dat into it to see if it's still locked?

Failing all of this, I can only assume I have forgotten the passphrase which I have never ever done in my entire life. This is particularly unusual to the point that I'm convinced there's some sort of file error.

Your advice would be very much appreciated thanks for your time.

the wallet is encrypted by user with password
passwords do not hange by themself
maybe you have a spelling mistake in your password ? things happen , i have seen / heard it before
wallet.dat files are encrypted and stay encrypted if encrypted initially - corruption of wallet.dat would not resolve in changing encryption in would show different errors
sorry not sure how to help - except there is a guy who can help u with forgotten password recovery (bitcoin dave)

Back