• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

1969 VW DASH BUS

@Blake, I would approach DashForce with project funding requests like this one. They are actually becoming one of the intermediaries or managers of funding for small projects. It's kind of the way things are going due to the high volume of requests. I wouldn't request funding directly from the budget anymore for smaller projects like this. It's likely that it will not be voted on, as MN owners feel they can't follow and evaluate so many projects themselves anymore.

Ok, thanks for input-let me look up DASH FORCE and try to start a dialogue

find mastermined on the Dash Nation slack :)

BTW, I have a 1990 Vanagon :D Learned to drive in a '75 bus. Dad loved VWs, and I love the older ones too, the new beetle is adorable, but all I'd want is another bus again! The one they came up with that looked like a diesel train was so awesome, I wish they'd make it in electric, LOL.

I guess this is the latest version:
hvkhi5uqazb6g0x8weoe.jpg

I just wish they could make it rear engine because those drive like a 4WD!

If you already maintained a popular blog showcasing this beautiful van's travels and shenanigans, a sponsorship to a calculated degree could be justified.

Appreciate the words of advice-I am working on these things. I am hoping the bus will be ready soon and then I will start recording travels and such. I am patiently building up this project.

This looks awesome! Is this just a concept or you can buy one?
Just a concept again :( I just learned last night that Tesla is making an electric micro bus inspired by VW. If VW can't get their act together, I might get one of those :p when Dash reaches 10,000 USD, LOL

gxxd4kbslj8cawgz2kcx.jpg

Both of them are a little too short for my liking. The VW is supposed to be 16' long. Why? I want something that can haul a sheet of 4X10 plywood! or at least 12 foot long lumber minimum (at an angle is OK)

Proposal Evaluation Committee

Hi Blake

Just want to find out if you are planning to submit your proposal officially, i.e. Pay the 5 Dash to submit it?
If so, do you agree to the PEC (Proposal Evaluation Committee) assisting you in preparing your Pre-Proposal?

The way we do it is to give a Report on your Proposal highlighting areas that you can improve.
As you improve the Proposal the Report is adjusted and this may be done a number of times (up to 5 or more), each time the chance of your Proposal being accepted by the MNO’s will increase.

The Report also has another function:
To give the Pre-Proposal a percentage mark. This percentage will make it possible to give the MNO’s and community a prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. This list will save everyone time and increase the chance of your Proposal gaining votes.

However, please be aware that the PEC has not officially been accepted by the MNO’s. We are also in the Pre-Proposal phase, so you have no obligation to partake.
If you want to know who will be doing the Evaluations – see here: Official PEC Pre-P https://goo.gl/qrbeXK

If you do want to use our services (note this is a free service)
1. Please PM me on the Dash Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions Forum indicating agreement.
2. and if you have not done this yet, please read: How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ
3. Once you have read it you might want to adjust your Pre-Proposal before we submit the 1st Report, so I will wait for you to give us the go-ahead before we start the evaluation process.

If you don’t want the PEC to evaluate the Proposal – please PM me as well, then I won’t bug you again for an answer ;)

Good luck with your Proposal!

Forgot to mention. We will be doing Reports on all Pre-Proposals towards the end of the cycle in any case.
Couple of things in How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ has been simplified to make your life easier J
See Changes to Pre-Proposal and Note.

Good luck as always;)

Last edited:
Ah Ha!! Found you: bchamz!!
You skipped our clutches LOL
As long as you give me a spin when you come past. ;)
Good luck!

Oh thank you sir! It did get funded and now I have a project going on called Dash Texas-which is essentially about setting people up with Dash Wallets and informing them on how Dash is a global movement that is expanding fast!

Back