• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

1969 VW DASH BUS

Blake

My bus is currently in the shop to be painted-they are doing all the body work now to make my bus a pristine 1969 VW BUS. I had a thought about painting it white with the DASH logo on it- along with information- and making it a travelling bus that goes across North America to Bitcoin Events, Concerts and Festivals... just anywhere and everywhere a responsive digital currency enthusiast might happen to be.

I watched the Dash Detailed profile on Mastermined and I think the bus could be added and tracked on www.discoverdash.com

Would anyone vote to fund this if I were to provide pictures of the bus, a detailed list of events that I would hit that I would post onto a youtube channel using a HQ camera that was full of interviews and debates on Dash and where it is headed.

Willing to submit the 5 dash.

I'd be happy to list and hit events with a budget of 25 Dash per month- and be willing to travel for up to 6 months.

Picture of 1969 VW BUS down below-this is what it looks like before being painted- I am spending about $4,000 on bodywork and paint. Imagine the bus with a superb paint job and that DASH logo shining bright.

Let me know- I am passionate speaker for Dash and have a good knowledge of digital currencies and this would be a total labor of love. The iconic 1969 VW Bus gets stopped everywhere it goes and with it soon to be coming out of the garage and it time for me to pick a color I thought of this great Dash Opportunity.

Last edited:
IMG_20160403_191138.jpg

Someone please leave feedback- They just finished the body work and they are fixing to put an expensive paint job on- should I go for a Blue Bus with a White DASH LOGO on it

Instant. Private. Secure. Learn more at Dash Detailed on Youtube

Someone please leave feedback- They just finished the body work and they are fixing to put an expensive paint job on- should I go for a Blue Bus with a White DASH LOGO on it

Instant. Private. Secure. Learn more at Dash Detailed on Youtube
Hi Blake,

Thanks for the proposal.

So to clarify, the bodywork and paint job is $4,000. And you are asking for $15,000 over 6 months?

Couple of comments:

typically new members are asked to submit shorter term proposals.

What events are you considering attending?

There isn't many days left to the next super block. I'm not sure if your proposal has enough detail to get the nesecessary yes votes before then.

Hi Blake,

Thanks for the proposal.

So to clarify, the bodywork and paint job is $4,000. And you are asking for $15,000 over 6 months?

Couple of comments:

There isn't many days left to the next super block. I'm not sure if your proposal has enough detail to gbro
Hi Blake,

Thanks for the proposal.

Couple of comments:

There isn't many days left to the next super block. I'm not sure if your proposal has enough detail to get the nesecessary yes votes before then.[/QUOT

Hey Haslo, first thanks so much for a reply. I truly believe this bus and me could make an impact. I was getting the bus painted anyway and I am a super supporter of DASH and I feel with a pristine fly paint job on the bus I could really make an impact showing up to events. I've restored two VW busses and they draw attention- add the whole DASH look to it and your going to have people asking questions. And if I could answer those questions with "Oh yeah, and I am funded through the dash treasury-you know-the masternodes voted and I got approved and now I travel from meetup to meetup, conference to conference."

A bus full of flyers, pamphlets...have cameras where we can hold debates and talk show formats about the power of DASH and DAO.

For an outline of possible destinations I would target cities that are currently having digital currency meet-ups. For example- I would attend this meeting in Austin, Tx next week, lay knowledge down on some who may not quite understand the benefits of the masternode/2nd tier Governance/setup DASH has going for it... like bitcoin...it's complex to take in at first... but when you get it..... BOOM....

I would make an itinerary that hit major cities that could be tracked on 'Mastermined's DiscoverDASH.com project that Amanda B Johnson covered on the last Dash Detailed-

Attend meetups like-
https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Bitcoin-Meetup/
https://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Bitcoin-Society/events/233577285/

Also hitting big events like-
http://conference.americanbanker.com/conferences/blockchains/

No event too big-no event too small.

Always showing up with the bus looking pristine representing the DASH LOGO

I'd be more than willing to accept a one time payment or shorten my plan to a 3 month tour.

Break it down like this:

I'm paying for bus to look sharp- If I go with the DASH style it's going to look sharp and draw attention.

Three months of travel and videos- asking 20 dash per month-hitting all meetups and conferences outlined in official proposal. Or a one time pay out of 50 dash

I truly feel l could make an impact-get real live exposure to DASH on the street level, get web exposure to DASH through shows while traveling and posting up a PRISTINE DASH BUS at any point on the map that our community deems important.

Last edited:
I think it`s a nice call. Yo can repair a car and ride for 6 months for "community" purposes. But if you are so passionate and i misjudged you, i`m sorry

I am not asking for the treasury to pay for the paint job- I am willing to pay for that. My bus is in the shop-it is getting done. What I would like to have happen is for the paint job to be put on and the bus be a mobile DASH information station that attends meet-ups and conferences across North America informing people on the 2nd tier/Masternode/Treasury aspect of DASH.

I am not asking for the treasury to pay for the paint job- I am willing to pay for that. My bus is in the shop-it is getting done. What I would like to have happen is for the paint job to be put on and the bus be a mobile DASH information station that attends meet-ups and conferences across North America informing people on the 2nd tier/Masternode/Treasury aspect of DASH.

Good luck with that! I hope i didn`t offend you, but story was looking quite shady

It's all good! Any other master nodes please look at this! It would come out nice! The paint will be put on soon-me and the painter- Rico- Ricos Paint and Body Shop Nacogdoches, Texas.... he is the one working on it and going to paint it. I was going turquouise but if this builds momentum I'll gladly go dark blue with white logo or vice versa. I can provide pictures of all the work and process....

This could be really cool. I was going to be driving it afterwards anyway, might as well hit every crypto meetup and conference and rep DASH. And I am very articulate when pontificating the ways DASH is superior to alt coins from many different angles!!!! LABOR OF LOVE GENTLEMEN! (and ladies)

More feedback please I am ready to submit 5 dash and do this!!!!!

Appreciate it- hoping some masternodes will see this and chime in as well! I won't let Dash team down if approved.... ready to submit the 5 dash.... I can provide pictures and an itinerary- working out the small details but it would pay off.

I'm glad to hear it man. I would just strongly recommend getting as much feedback as possible before you go through with it. 5 dash is a lot of money. Better safe than sorry.

I told the guy painting my bus about it today-about the possibility of painting the bus with the whole DASH motif and he says, "The coins you like..."

But you see-this guy can paint and this bus is going to come out looking great- and if you have ever seen a 1969 with a fresh coat of paint on it when it's looking pristine it makes an impression. Its real life DASH 2nd tier treasury advertising in it's purest form-I can map out the itinerary I would hit if more people seem interested in this idea. A part of me is really pushing for this my friends because it could be a big push in the right direction. Its small projects like this that the DASH treasury can fund that can and will make an impact. When I travel in previous VW BUSSES around the west coast I talk to so many people-and if I were to be able to do that in a DASH BUS and have a small amount of funding I could reach a lot of people.

Austin, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Tucson, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco- I hit all of these places before in my old bus and was passing out bitcoin flyers! For FREE!!!! I talked everyones head off I could find about bitcoin.

There is a bus. A DASH BUS...and there is a driver of the DASH BUS- who thinks DASH is great- and he drives all over with joy and flyers and midnight conversations on economics and philosophy.

Please anyone reading-help me get this in the masternodes attention. I will not let you down.

Blake Chamness

Do it Blake! This is once in a lifetime bro! The masternodes will support you once they see your bus out there having fun. Take some Dash on your phone and spread it around. Look me up if you need a side kick - I'll ride with you.

Sell me the bus when you're done, I'll keep the Dash logo, drive it around the world, and get the masternodes to pay my repair bills! lol just kidding or maybe I'm not. Give 'er, this is your chance!

Do it Blake! This is once in a lifetime bro! The masternodes will support you once they see your bus out there having fun. Take some Dash on your phone and spread it around. Look me up if you need a side kick - I'll ride with you.

Sell me the bus when you're done, I'll keep the Dash logo, drive it around the world, and get the masternodes to pay my repair bills! lol just kidding or maybe I'm not. Give 'er, this is your chance!

And seriously, I'm interested in buying that bus (paid for with Dash) when you are done with it.

And seriously, I'm interested in buying that bus (paid for with Dash) when you are done with it.

Man, I appreciate the support! It's messages like this that tell my heart go for it! And your right- if I go ahead and paint the bus and commit to the idea I can start taking photos and building up the support and awareness on here. All the body work is almost done and it's going to look great-were going all out-even going so far as getting a custom chrome bumper-I can't wait to have it looking great-and if I feel more support coming up I will do this and I can guarantee I can get the bus noticed and the DASH vision out there.

It would be great to track the bus which seems could be possible with the website I saw Mastermined and the crew put together.

CaptainPicard-thanks for the words! I'll keep you posted and please stay tuned and involved in getting this attention-the more I get feedback the more I feel like doubling down on this-with DASH price rising it's not like I couldn't go ALL OUT IN PROMOTION ALL OVER THE USA!!!!

The bus could be sold and passed on-perhaps we could put something about that in the contract/proposal.... but lest we get too fancy on this already fanciful idea!

Man, I appreciate the support! It's messages like this that tell my heart go for it! And your right- if I go ahead and paint the bus and commit to the idea I can start taking photos and building up the support and awareness on here. All the body work is almost done and it's going to look great-were going all out-even going so far as getting a custom chrome bumper-I can't wait to have it looking great-and if I feel more support coming up I will do this and I can guarantee I can get the bus noticed and the DASH vision out there.

It would be great to track the bus which seems could be possible with the website I saw Mastermined and the crew put together.

CaptainPicard-thanks for the words! I'll keep you posted and please stay tuned and involved in getting this attention-the more I get feedback the more I feel like doubling down on this-with DASH price rising it's not like I couldn't go ALL OUT IN PROMOTION ALL OVER THE USA!!!!

Yeah, Blake dude, just give 'er. Seriously. Don't hesitate. You will be amazed at the support you will receive once you commit to the idea. Chances like these don't come along every day. You'll meet great people and maybe even spark a fire that blazes Dash across the nation. Share pics of your trip on Twitter, Instagram and FB and it will work wonders.

The masternodes are cool, they will see what your doing and say "go".

If this works, we'll set up a Dash bus in every country on Earth!

Give 'er bro!! Make this the summer you will never forget!

If you want to pass the torch to me later - by selling me the bus or whatever - let me know (for real). But for now you are in the driver's seat (literally). If you have this idea, just do it.

YOUR PUMPING ME UP MY FRIEND! I am starting to imagine this summer possibly becoming the summer of the DASH BUS- because you know what- I would love that- rolling across the country promoting the hell out of DASH and being funded to do that- for it to be a job- now that's DASH DREAMIN!

I just want all to know who come across this thread that I would make the most of the funding- I have given thought about an amount- if I were to legitimately go across the country for lets say 3 months I'd be content with a payout of about 40 DASH. This would include me filming interviews and events that I attend and posting them online. The paint job would be all me paying upfront and I am fine with that but I do put that in when considering my request for 40 DASH.

If DASH keeps going up I may not need funding but the beauty of DASH is that funding is there for this type of stuff-that's what trips my trigger about DASH!

Back