• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

1000 Dash for MN

c3works

I'm setting up a MN using my Dash-QT. I recently emptied that wallet of funds, except for some small residual value 0.0004..., or something.

My question is: If I send my 1000 Dash (exactly) to my 0 address in this wallet, will the network look to the 'exact' value of the transaction I send (and so work properly), or will it see a non-exact 1000 balance and so not work properly?

Thanks.

Hi congrats on your MN ownership. You shouldn't need to use 0 address you can just send 1000 DASH to any address in your wallet as long as it is a whole 1000 DASH. The other balances won't be involved just need that transaction. You will just have to make sure not to spend any of the 1000 DASH from that transaction. Hope that helps

Hi congrats on your MN ownership. You shouldn't need to use 0 address you can just send 1000 DASH to any address in your wallet as long as it is a whole 1000 DASH. The other balances won't be involved just need that transaction. You will just have to make sure not to spend any of the 1000 DASH from that transaction. Hope that helps

Perfect. Thanks!

One followup, please: To host a second MN, can that be done within the same Dash-QT instance somehow, or do I need a different implementation, say on a VM?

@c3works Yes, same wallet is fine; just use a different address on the wallet to send your 1k Dash.

Pablo.

Yep when adding more than one MN to single QT wallet you need to populate the masternode.conf file, there a several guides out there. Good luck

Back