• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

100 DRK active member lottery! - Winner drawn, congratulations DieCommieScum!

Thanks for doing this. We really need to find some kind of incentive to encourage people off the bitcointalk thread as it's a total disaster to read through. Hope that this encourages migration!

I'd say it's not just that thread but the whole BitcoinTalk site in general. The amount of FUD and scams, and even just the usability of that site is just terrible...

I'd say it's not just that thread but the whole BitcoinTalk site in general. The amount of FUD and scams, and even just the usability of that site is just terrible...

You're right - it really is designed more for announcements and such. Forums like this are better for having a discussion on a topic that you can follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for bumping this thread, I really should have posted this a few days ago but here is how I plan on handling the lottery. The registration deadline was March 23rd and the drawing is 17 days later on April 9th, since this forum as far as I can see doesn't have an easy way of sorting members by join date I plan on waiting until the drawing date and seeing who has at least 12.75 posts which is the minimum you could have to be eligible for the drawing. I then plan to look at the profiles of the members that have at least that number of posts to see their join date and calculate their posts per day. I will then post a list of all those eligible and each member will be given a number. Finally I will get a true random number from random.org and announce the winning number.

edit: If anyone has any objections / thinks there is a better way to handle this let me know.

Thanks for bumping this thread, I really should have posted this a few days ago but here is how I plan on handling the lottery. The registration deadline was March 23rd and the drawing is 17 days later on April 9th, since this forum as far as I can see doesn't have an easy way of sorting members by join date I plan on waiting until the drawing date and seeing who has at least 12.75 posts which is the minimum you could have to be eligible for the drawing. I then plan to look at the profiles of the members that have at least that number of posts to see their join date and calculate their posts per day. I will then post a list of all those eligible and each member will be given a number. Finally I will get a true random number from random.org and announce the winning number.

edit: If anyone has any objections / thinks there is a better way to handle this let me know.

Sounds fair/transparent to me. Good stuff!

You might want to ask CHAOSiTEC how he records his drawings at lotterymining.com? He's also here :)

thats about how i would do it, oohh one thing i also do is i randomize the list with the list randomizer at random.org first makes it truly random :)

btw, please exclude me from the lottery :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've compiled a list of all eligible members:
  1. mahowi
  2. the_darkness
  3. hiddendark
  4. DieCommieScum
  5. HammerHedd
  6. 24601
  7. phryed
  8. zXm
  9. TanteStefana
  10. Enzwell
  11. MrMime
  12. patrolman
  13. LimLims
  14. ErrorId
  15. Loki
As stated in the rules the drawing will happen at 1 pm EST in exactly one hour. I will then send the winner a PM and announce it here. The winner will have 3 days to reply with their address or another winner will be drawn.

Way Jelly, but if there's a guy that's done a lot for Darkcoin, it's definitely DCS. Nice job dude! Thanks for all your hard work around here. (Now hurry up with the shirts will ya :p)...

Way Jelly, but if there's a guy that's done a lot for Darkcoin, it's definitely DCS. Nice job dude! Thanks for all your hard work around here. (Now hurry up with the shirts will ya :p)...

If you pm me which order you were I'll check tracking (I dont have your handle here in the spreadsheet), at least half of the US folks should have them this week. I had a snafu shipping the few international orders so those are a little delayed.

Back