• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is Dash Regulation Resistant ?

Tango110

In order for the cryptocurrencies to fully reach their potential and change the would i.e eliminate central banking and coercive involuntary taxation and regulation, they crypto of the future needs to be regulation-resistant. Only when things are centralized can they be effectively regulated and taxed. Can anymore explain to me how Dash is more regulation-resistant than BTC ?
I found found a few things
-darksend
-proof of stake master nods prevents centralization the network (huge weakness in bitcoin)

I think the biggest weak link currently is going from USD to Dash...anonymously and easily.
Any insights?

The fact that we have no outside party funding for any kind of budget is the big seller for me. These guys working on dash don't have to answer to private investors, MIT labs, or anybody else other than a decentralized community of Masternodes. How does Bitcoin fund their project development?

*edit sorry not sure I answered your question at all, I thought you said centralization, not regulation. But my response may still apply in this case.

Last edited:
Dash is completely independent, but don't kid yourself, the bigger Dash becomes, the more we will be attacked by the Government. So far we're a gnat that has avoided the monster's nostrils, and the monster barely realizes we're there. So far, all they've done was send a few trolls with lots of accounts to attack our integrity, but this will get a LOT uglier. We have to hope we gain enough public support and have legally bound the monster's hands good and tight before he realizes his powers are about to be taken away.

Crypto currencies, if successful, will supplant fiat currencies, and fiat currencies is the foundation of Governmental Power. I have no idea where this is going, but I do know it won't be pretty. My husband and I have made a pact that we'll see this through :)

Hopefully this will be a slow transfer of power that may take a long time (30 years or so) but will happen peacefully.

What are you talking about? Dash is HIGHLY regulated -- by supply and demand. The only real regulators at the end of the day.

If the demand for Dash becomes high enough, the edicts of the people it threatens to supplant won't matter.

Number one goal must be: increase the demand for the supply of Dash.

You are right about Dash being a more regulation resistant, but the fiat to Dash process will always be a weak spot because fiat is regulated. Fiat is governments toy, so we can't work that part by ourselves. True independence will only happen when you don't need fiat and make your money in crypto. The budget system and masternodes are a great step towards that because more people get paid from the block reward than in Bitcoin but there is still a lot to do. buster has a couple of ideas to help people make money in Dash, but I know he is still working on them, so I won't mention :smile:

Back