• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash on Exmo

Were the withdrawals instant, or only the deposits? I noticed you used the words "instant deposits", but didn't say "instant withdrawals". I'm interacting with their support now, but he doesn't seem to know what InstantX is yet. I'm having to educate him. I imagine it's a learning curve over there for their support people. :)

Yes this is only a deposit but still my withdrawal was really quick.

Anyway thinking about it a bit more, don't you guys think it works both ways? I mean it's nice to have an instant deposits but it will also cause a lack of liquidity on that exchange. One of the reasons we have got any liquidity on Poloniex is that they require 12 confirmations and people don't bother with withdrawing their coins.
If I have a possibility to deposit my coins to an exchange within seconds then why on earth would I keep my coins there after a successful trade?

Deposit all of my 0.2 dash from pool was instant. I can't test withdraw because haven't any own local wallet. :)
will keep my saves on this exchange as I did with other cryptomoney last 2 years.

Yes this is only a deposit but still my withdrawal was really quick.

Anyway thinking about it a bit more, don't you guys think it works both ways? I mean it's nice to have an instant deposits but it will also cause a lack of liquidity on that exchange. One of the reasons we have got any liquidity on Poloniex is that they require 12 confirmations and people don't bother with withdrawing their coins.
If I have a possibility to deposit my coins to an exchange within seconds then why on earth would I keep my coins there after a successful trade?
I disagree. If I can deposit funds in seconds, then there is definitely no negative impacts to liquidity because there is no effective difference between on-exchange tokens and off-exchange tokens in terms of availability to trade. If fact, I would argue the opposite, that InstantX allows liquidity to be added much more quickly than before, even from off-exchange sources.

Also, keep in mind that it would be quite costly for traders to take their Dash in and out of the exchanges over and over every time they wanted to enter an order. The transaction and withdrawal fees would become costly. So I really don't agree that there are any downsides here.

I disagree. If I can deposit funds in seconds, then there is definitely no negative impacts to liquidity because there is no effective difference between on-exchange tokens and off-exchange tokens in terms of availability to trade. If fact, I would argue the opposite, that InstantX allows liquidity to be added much more quickly than before, even from off-exchange sources.

Also, keep in mind that it would be quite costly for traders to take their Dash in and out of the exchanges over and over every time they wanted to enter an order. The transaction and withdrawal fees would become costly. So I really don't agree that there are any downsides here.
True. Doing this creates the best of both worlds. The security of your own wallet, with the ability to quickly trade if desired!

No, thank YOU for implementing InstantX and giving us an alternative to Poloniex!

If fact this feature (InstantX Exchange) opens new (additional) market in crypto-sphere: "Instant p2p exchange guarantor":

1. Let say TaoOfSatoshi want to sell 1000 DASH, and I want to buy it from him directly.
We trust each other, but not completely :) (not to risk with our 1000 DASH with "internet-stranger" - maybe it's not Tao really but some hacker speaks to me on his behalf).
2. So we negotiate our deal directly in Skype, agree about fixed price for this 1000 DASH amount.
3. Tao send his 1000 DASH to EXMO, instantly. And set fixed-price order for it.
4. I buy his 1000 DASH instantly.
5. I withdraw my 1000 DASH from EXMO Instantly.

That's it!

If fact this feature (InstantX Exchange) opens new (additional) market in crypto-sphere: "Instant p2p exchange guarantor":

1. Let say TaoOfSatoshi want to sell 1000 DASH, and I want to buy it from him directly.
We trust each other, but not completely :) (not to risk with our 1000 DASH with "internet-stranger" - maybe it's not Tao really but some hacker speaks to me on his behalf).
2. So we negotiate our deal directly in Skype, agree about fixed price for this 1000 DASH amount.
3. Tao send his 1000 DASH to EXMO, instantly. And set fixed-price order for it.
4. I buy his 1000 DASH instantly.
5. I withdraw my 1000 DASH from EXMO Instantly.

That's it!
That's just so crazy it just might work... :cool:

lyP8jYW.png

Blocking the funds for 72 hours after changing a password with 2FA enabled is a bit too much?
I mean 2fa isn't good enough?

Back